Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk

Notices

Old 06-29-05, 09:25 AM

Poker Blogs

Hello,

I've been lurking around the fourms occasionally, and I decided to see if I could get some opinions out of some of you. I've been searching the internet, and I couldn't find a blog service dedicated to poker players. I've seen a lot of poker blogs, but not one service that is customized for poker. I'd like to make a service like that, and I'd like to see what people think. Here are some questions that would really help me if I could get some answers.

1. Is there a service dedicated to poker blogs?

2. Would people be interested in a service dedicated to poker blogs?

3. What sort of features would people want in a poker blog that isn't found in a regular blog (bankroll manager, list of sites people play at, etc.)?

4. Would people be interested in a free service with some advertising on their blog (maybe just links to poker sites like on the left side of this page)?

5. Would people be interested in a monthly/yearly pay service with no advertising and special features (such as a domain name like rickspokerblog.com dedicated to their blog)?

6. Anything else I left out that people would want to see in a poker blog service?

Thanks in advance for your input. Any and all comments are gladly accepted
Old 06-29-05, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Blogs are a very personal thing so most people wouldn't want to accept advertising, etc.

They also may want their own domain name instead of a sub-domain.

It also may be easier for them to go with one of the big blogging places so they could customize their page easier and have more tools, etc.
Old 06-29-05, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomePokerGames Admin
Blogs are a very personal thing so most people wouldn't want to accept advertising, etc.

They also may want their own domain name instead of a sub-domain.

It also may be easier for them to go with one of the big blogging places so they could customize their page easier and have more tools, etc.
As far as advertising, if you haven't noticed, most free blogs have some form of advertising on them, otherwise it wouldn't be affordable to run.

I would offer domain names as part of a paid service which would also eliminate advertising.

The point of the service would be to combine the easy features of the big blogging places as well as custom tools specifically aimed at poker players.

Any other comments?
Old 06-29-05, 05:29 PM

Sorry about forgetting to log in... that was me.
Old 06-29-05, 08:08 PM
Administrator

The bankroll thing is a great feature for those who do it but i would estimate that a tiny % of players actually kep track of their profits.
Old 10-11-05, 12:04 PM

You can read my "blog" posted every time I visit Binion's (2-3 times month). It's posted on green paper, with 100 in the corners. What's in your wallet?