HomePokerGames Poker Forum

HomePokerGames Poker Forum (http://www.homepokergames.com/vbforum/index.php)
-   COMMENTS (http://www.homepokergames.com/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   POKER INFO - PROILE - Annie Duke (http://www.homepokergames.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=37116)

Nine Ball/fsmith35 01-11-05 06:00 PM

Annie is one of my favorite poker players to watch on TV. I wish she were on more often. I have never seen her act like anything but a lady. That is one of the things I like best about her. My wife and I both agree that she has striking good looks. Annie is the best all-around woman poker player in the world today!

iveyfan05 01-11-05 06:00 PM

great poker player yes.....good looking.....um not even a little bit....shes striking alright ..the same way star jones is striking

Bumblebee711 01-15-05 06:00 PM

Annie rocks! Without question she's the best female poker player in the world. Yeah, she's hot too! 99.9% of you who slam her have never even met the woman. You all talk a lot of crap like a bunch of old gossipping hens. Annie, you're the best. Good luck in the future cutie.

jbare 01-16-05 06:00 PM

She made a fool out of hellmuth and makes good money. What more could a man want?

Big Al 01-30-05 06:00 PM

Anyone know her email address? I need it.

Unregistered 02-01-05 06:00 PM

yes her email address is I DONT WANT TO TALK TO YOUR .05/.10 SORRY [email]ASS@HOTMAIL.COM[/email]

pokerprincess 02-02-05 06:00 PM

annie is such an inspiration. i love watching her play.

iveyfan05 02-02-05 06:00 PM

shes a great player no doubt..but why is it she always seems to be whinning...

DoYouNotGetIt? 02-03-05 06:00 PM

It's intriguing that so many say that there are pro players that don't like Annie for some reason or another. Annoying behaviour? Emotional releases? Getafreakinclue, Annie knows EXACTLY what she's doing. If it has an effect on her opposition, it works; she wins. Don't like her? Damn, she's not there to be liked, shes there to take her opponent's money away. That's the game. Is it a Ladylike game? Is it a gentlemanly game? No, the best games are barbaric bloodfests, BUT they are PLAYED by ladies and gentlemen. Bankroll yourself with ten grand and see how long YOU last at Bellagio. If you are successful and make a living, you won't have many people that like you after you take their money. Until you can do that, you are not in the right place criticizing Annie, or Phil, or any of the people who make damn good money playing a game. Those of you who think you are, quite simply put, are full of shit.

Unregistered 02-03-05 06:00 PM

Nicely Put

iveyfan05 02-03-05 06:00 PM

reply to doyounotgetit: i dont mind her being ruthless at the tables..thats not my problem with her...its the way she treats ppl away from them...i have read player interviews that say she treats ppl with norespect..im talking about a specific player thats way more successful than her, so i know its not jealousy..i dont care if she is pure evil at the tables, there is no reason to act that way away from it...look at players like ivey, negreanu,harmon,..all very good human beings at and away from the tables..annie is a whiner and a crybaby,i am not doubting her talent at the tables..i just wish her personality would catch up to her poker skill...there are lots of pros that make a living from poker without acting like a spoiled rotten 12 yr old...i never said i would last at the bellagio..as my above post was on her behavior and not her skill..maybe you should try reading it before attacking somebody .....

this is Billy again (aka DoYouNotGetIt) 02-03-05 06:00 PM

sorry if you took that personally, those were my thoughts on the overall concensus. iveyfan, i know that in this medium interpretation of plain text is wide open. i was just commenting.Now with that said, there are a-holes and there are saints. It's a fact. If this were a forum to discuss human behavior in general, and not how it relates to poker, I could consider your rebuttal reply relevant. If my wife were still home I'd ask her to define complex exhibited by your reply. Since I know you'll take it personally, I'll ask. Why does it make a fat rat's ass what Annie does away from the tables as far as this forum goes?Now if you rally want to be attacked, you have given me plenty of ammunition to attack you with. Just scroll up and re-read your posts.Your Honor, the prosecution rests, I'm done.

Billy again 02-03-05 06:00 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, my wife is a MILF and she secretly appreciates being called a MILF.

iveyfan05 02-03-05 06:00 PM

your honor? rest my case?lol....i can tell you are ONE of those people.... we all know the type....they type ythat are utterly convinced of their own greatness and importance...are you of such a small mind that you cannot see that it's possible to be a great pro and well liked? as for attacking me personally, if you feel you need to do that to validate your meager exsistance then fire away... im more into poker than bashing somebody i don't know over the internet..i'd much rather discuss when to check raise or how to slow play ...but you do what you feel you need to...

Unregistered 02-05-05 06:00 PM

billy, save your finger tips. just shut up.

uk defender 02-07-05 06:00 PM

Just wondered what limits you guys play?live or internet etc?

iveyfan05 02-07-05 06:00 PM

live i play baby nl...1/2 nl/ 2/4 nl....online i play mostly limit like 1/2 2/4...lotta sngs tho,,pretty much anywhere from a 5-20 dollar buy in..depending on how im playing...which right now is piss poor...keep getting sucked out on...ppl calling huge prelop raises with ace rag and catching ....i play mostly on party poker, but also on statrs and full tilt..i live like 50 minutes from atlantic city so i try to get there a few times a month...i prefer live play, but its easier to play online, but not as profitable for me yet tho...

vampyre 02-10-05 06:00 PM

hey i played with iveyfan05 online once (your the guy from FTR right) i called your AI raise preflop with K-10 suited, you had KK, but I won with a flush. sorry

Unregistered 02-10-05 06:00 PM

"but it was suited..."

iveyfan05 02-11-05 06:00 PM

ftr? i play at party poker and pokerstars ..and my name isdiffrent there than here

DYaugo 02-13-05 06:00 PM

Sammers I agree with you. Most people on the site that make commenst are upset because they never will have the a fraction of the talent it takes to to play cards like Annie. She is definitely one of the best if not the best woman player out there...wait let me think about that one....OK I thought about it...she is the best period!! Am I bias? And her brother is definitely a class act all the way. Any of you wannabe moron poker players on here who get off bad mouthing a PRO should step to the table and throw your ca$h out there and see how far you can go. I'm willing to lay odds you won't last the first day in a high stakes, why? Because you no HEART. Look up heart in the dictionary and you will see Annie Duke!! You guys are low lifes...Annie if you read this remarks from others just ignore them...they are moron and they don't know any better. Good Luck to you and may you continue to win and be role model for other aspiring players.D

iveyfan05 02-14-05 06:00 PM

the way annie treats others,in no way makes her a role moel...is she a great player of course..is she a good peson...hell no..

vampyre 02-14-05 06:00 PM

DYaugo is a very dumb shit. role model? Ha! if she is a role model then what the fuck is the world coming to?! And DY dumbshit some of us here actually DO step up to the plate. we are not all just talk. why dont you go back to popping your pimples aye?

uk defender 02-15-05 06:00 PM

Iveyfan05,I doubt very much whether you are in position to make an informed opinion about annie duke being a "good person".I mean,your'e only repeating what youve read on the internet with RE to Negreanu etc.You dont know her...never met her.Come on!Dont just repeat what youve read on the internet as if its YOURE opinion.

iveyfan05 02-15-05 06:00 PM

not repeating,,,i have seen her interact with fans personally...i lived in vegas for over a year...she was very rude in dealing with a young couple when i saw her..granted im not sure if she had a loosing session ,or was just in a bad mood..i just dont see why she didnt pose for the pic and be on here way

uk defender 02-16-05 06:00 PM

Fair enough if youve seen it yourself.I stand corrected....well..it could always be hormones..that time of the month!;-)

iveyfan05 02-16-05 06:00 PM

im not saying shes always like that,,,who knows, she may have just suffers a losing session...it just sucked that she didnt wanna take a pic with an obvious fan and his wife/g/f...

Dibble (e-mail me at dibdibs) 02-16-05 06:00 PM

I think Annie Duke is a really gud poker player. She is very pretty and ye she could be classed as a "MILF" athoulgh i dont think it's any of the Joe public's buisness wot Annie does in her private life so just lay off. I have never met Annie myself so i cant really make a true comment but i think that if she doesnt talk to one of her fans after a long game of poker then she doesnt bloody have to. If someone came up to you after you'd just finnished work and you really wanted to get home you wouldnt be interested would you? It's the same in Annie's case. When I see her playing she brings an ounce of happienes to the game. Makes everyone laid back rather than being really serious all the time. In short: Great poker player, Great mum and great person. Correct me if I'm wrong!

JOHN DOE 02-16-05 06:00 PM

Annie Is Hott

iveyfan05 02-17-05 06:00 PM

really? you guys think annie is hot? evelyn ng..hotttt...jen h...cute....cyndi v....cute....karina jett ..hott...annie duke....not so much lol

Unregistered 02-17-05 06:00 PM

You people are either idiots or you are children and should have your web time more closely supervised.

rivahqueen 02-21-05 06:00 PM

kudos to the above post and doyounotgetit. Well said.Let those who have performed better than Annie in the same class and level of tournaments speak up and all othres keep silent. You go girl. You are a good player, regardless of your sex, state of pregnancy or emotional state. Just remember, the same idiots that have made these rude and crude comments are the same idiots that hold a K2 off suit and belly ache and complain when they get beat by Ace's full of kings, staying they were "rivered". Consider the source, keep it in perspective adn then take all their money.

molly 02-25-05 06:00 PM

what is wrong with you people? All you guys that can only think of MILF and "doing" - go screw each other! This is a poker site and the fact that all you can talk about is sexual shows how StupiD and immature you are. Go to a playboy site and jack each other off! You insult ALL women with this kind of talk - including the women you know and love. You should be ashamed and I (almost) wish that a woman you know and love is treated EXACTLY the same way y'all have treated Annie here - with this disrespect. I say almost wish - cause I wouldn't wish it on any woman. Why don't you start a web site on how HOT the men are you bunch of jerks.

molly 02-25-05 06:00 PM

Because the only way you know how to TRY to get ahead in this world is with insults and stupid innuendos. GROW UP! Annie - congrats! and although I HOPE you don't read all these stupid, ignorant, scared men comments - know that there are people out here who just appreciate watching GOOD, INTERESTING POKER!

Unregistered 02-27-05 06:00 PM

Nicely said Molly. Unfortunatly, these men have no clue. I agree it is insulting to all women and it makes me sick too.

Annie Fan 02-27-05 06:00 PM

Hi Annie i love watching you play but stop crying champs dont cry.

pokah 02-27-05 06:00 PM

What do you mean she hasn't won? She beat Phil Hellmuth in the WSOP Tourney of Pros for 2 mil.

bender2004 02-28-05 06:00 PM

Annie, we need ya at Full Tilt. Come Join Your Brother. FTP is fast becoming a murderers row of poker players. All the real rollers are there. Bring Phil and Antonio over to FTP where the real ballaz ball.

Hey Molly 02-28-05 06:00 PM

We will never grow up! Cheers, Peter Pan

Connord 03-01-05 06:00 PM

"She is the best female that ever played the game 2. She is quite obnoxious and stuck up at times; many pros and hi-limit players don't like her attitude Posted by: Dirk Diggler on Mar 02, 2005 - IP=209.232.147.200" Annie is a great player, got lucky against Phil in the TOC heads up but wasn't rattled by the better players at the TOC.