HomePokerGames Poker Forum

HomePokerGames Poker Forum (http://www.homepokergames.com/vbforum/index.php)
-   COMMENTS (http://www.homepokergames.com/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   POKER INFO - PROILE - Phil Gordon (http://www.homepokergames.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=37198)

erivas 01-17-04 06:00 PM

POKER INFO - PROILE - Phil Gordon

I am looking to buy either Phil Gordon or Phil Ivey books on playing poker. I have gone to Barnes & Noble and Borders book stores - They do not carry them, please help. Thank you.

Art Dew 01-17-04 06:00 PM

Being from Texas, and Louisiana....a teacher, 39 years...going 40.....enjoy you on celebrity poker....would love seeing you play on the dhow...do you????

strawberrymc2001 02-25-04 06:00 PM

I am looking to buy Phil Gordon's book on Texas Hold em for my 76 yr old mother who is just getting into poker. She insists that this is the book she wants. Help

pokerdali 03-13-04 06:00 PM

I just can't shake the sense that if this guy didn't have the $$$ to play in every tournament, and not care what happens monetarily, he'd be just another guy. I've seen nothing from him that shows he deserves the accolades he gets. I feel a bit the same about Ron ROse, but I've seen him make a few nice plays. But again, reraising allin with nada is easy if that $15k you get for losing as opposed to 250K for winning is not affecting your lifestyle one iota.

Joe homet 03-18-04 06:00 PM

This guy is not sweet at all. For some reason everyone thinks he is. And who cares if he made money in an internet business.

Myth 03-18-04 06:00 PM

To find a rare book go too Google and but the words ABE BOOKS into the search engine , there are over 42,000,000 books there , Good odds

king 03-21-04 06:00 PM

Joe, can't help buy "envy" this guy. I'm happy for him. Seem sweet to me, and I do mean this in a sincere manner. Maybe you know more or have reason, but at this time I just have to support him and his persona. Would like to see his game play.

Poke 04-06-04 06:00 PM

Met This Big Guy...abosolutely Astoundingly Intelligent, And A Great Personality. For His Wealth, He Is A Pleasure To Be Around And Certainly Doesn't Display It Verbally, Nor Nonverbally. Just A Great Down To Earth, Texan, That He Is. Thanks, Phil; A Tremendous Player, Naturally! Just Can't Say Enough About His Humbleness.

Mike Gordon/Mike/mikegordon 04-14-04 06:00 PM

Pokerdali seems a bit jealous of Phil's success. As his Dad, I can say that he deserves only the best of life. He's earned every bit of it through hard work and a winning attitude. You will hear more from Phil as he continues his success.

dewmanart 04-14-04 06:00 PM

Thanks, mr. mike for your comments about Phil. A salute and a big respectful smile to you for taking up for Phil. I enjoy his game whenever I get the chance to watch him play. I totally agree with you. Go big Phil, we will hear from you as your success continues! Best of luck!!You arethe best, and deserve it!

Nate71 04-26-04 06:00 PM

Poke...don't scream. Phil, nice backflip into the pool.

Wendy Moore 05-12-04 06:00 PM

VERY nice man..husband & I were there on May 10th at Binions when he pushed all in and lost. He is my fav player- when he walked by, my husband asked if we could get his autograph and pic, he gladly agreed, and talked to us for a few minutes. He truly made my day! Wonderful person!

Nate71 05-18-04 06:00 PM

Wonderful person! I had lunch with he and Hon Le last year. Two magnificant poker icons!!

dewmanart 05-19-04 06:00 PM

Nate71 and Wendy....Thanks for the nice comments about Phil. Some folk just seem over jealous of someone's success. Go Phil; we are pulling for you.Enjoy your buzz words on Bravo poker show too.

scottsek 06-11-04 06:00 PM

Saw him win WPT San Jose event and was impressed with how he plays, I was especially impressed in how he complimented his fellow competitors -- had only heard his astute comments on Celebrity Poker. Even more impressive how well he parries/puts up with Dave Foley... Look forward to meeting him in the future if I am lucky/skillful enough to get into a tourney.

Rocketts 06-16-04 06:00 PM

I'm real curious about the "study guide" phil gives the players on celeb poker. anybody know if it can be acquired?

missey336 06-18-04 06:00 PM

He is a great player, I love to watch him on the WPT & a sexy voice too. What more could a girl want when watching poker?

Laura/no nickname/twincomics 06-20-04 06:00 PM

I am a big fan of Phil Gordon's. I would love to send him a letter. Does he have an address I could write to him at, either home or email?

Krolek 06-20-04 06:00 PM

On celebrity poker phil always gives the stars a book of tips before they play. Does anyone know if it's printed or available anywhere?

gregorton 06-20-04 06:00 PM

In voice, manner, even smile he reminds me of the movie actor Nicholas Cage. Is he his brother or cousin. I know the last name is different but actors sometimes change their last name.

DLee 06-21-04 06:00 PM

I wrote this guy an e-mail and he replied helping me a great deal with poker. He knows his stuff. Anyone will talk bad about the people that are better than them....

Dr Neau 06-23-04 06:00 PM

Cage's real name is Coppolla. Francis' nephew.

Calvyn (Calvyn89) 06-24-04 06:00 PM

Every time I play Texas Hold'em on my Palm Pilot I hear Phil commentating my moves in the background like I'm on Celebrity Poker. hehhehehe.. Best of luck to you Phil!

Susie 06-29-04 06:00 PM

I think I dated Phil when he lived in San Francisco. Had no idea what happened to him!

juice 07-02-04 06:00 PM

i'm looking for the book of tips. does anyone know where to find it? thanks

kenko 07-06-04 06:00 PM

if you were already a multi millionaire surely you would have better things to do with your time than try and lose it?

chrisclark80 07-07-04 06:00 PM

Hello, I am a fan. I am looking for your book, Poker: The Real Deal - when will it be coming out? I tried Amazon.com first, but doesn't say when. As for Joe Homet - I ALMOST feel sorry for that guy. I wonder if the envy gets in his way of normal everyday activity. Hey Joe, remember - FIRST PANTS, THEN SHOES!!! Phil, if you could help me, I would certainly appreciate it.

Brenda/bren/brendhwk10 07-08-04 06:00 PM

Hey kenko, are you jealous of Phil's success? Jealous that you don't have that kind of money to play with. I haven't met Phil, but, I can't imagin people putting others down. You know you shouldn't judge people, it will come back and bite you in the butt 2x's as bad! I wouldn't mind meeting Phil. I'm sure he is an awesome person! Love you on Bravo Phil!

Nicole/One-eye/55dixie 07-08-04 06:00 PM

I also think that Phil resembles Nicolas Cage. I LOVE watching him on Celebrity Poker Showdown. I don't know how he can so pleasantly tolerate Dan Foley...bring back Pollack!!! Phil, I enjoyed seeing you on WPT. Are there any other appearances coming up? Does anyone knonw how to get in touch with him?

honey 07-10-04 06:00 PM

All you ladies watch for phil in a ladies mag strutting his stuff real soon. He never fails to make money.