HomePokerGames Poker Forum

HomePokerGames Poker Forum (http://www.homepokergames.com/vbforum/index.php)
-   COMMENTS (http://www.homepokergames.com/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   ONLINE POKER - SITE - Full Tilt (http://www.homepokergames.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=37246)

what odds 05-22-09 03:48 AM

Denethor 05-22-09 09:22 AM

n/t

what odds 05-23-09 04:51 PM

VA Poker 05-24-09 07:21 AM

Denethor,
If you can handle it financially, I would suggest moving up in stakes just a little. As you said, at that level it is very hard to read people and even put people on certain ranges in certain situations. whatodds gave you some good advice about calling re raises pre flop, but at the stakes you are currently playing at it's hard to win with that strategy. You are going to get re raised pre flop so often that if you only play back with AA KK QQ or AK you are just going to get run over. So that forces you to make big calls pre flop with things like KQ, which is not a habit you want to develop . Alot of players have trouble at the lowest stakes then move up and start to do a little better. As far as learning the game goes, you'd be just as well off playing play money as you are playing .01/.02. Also, a good way to see alot of hands at slightly higher stakes without much risk is to play single table sit n go's. They pay out 33% of people so you can play those all day without worrying about losing too much money.

Denethor 05-24-09 12:27 PM

n/t

Denethor 05-24-09 03:12 PM

n/t

Denethor 05-24-09 08:17 PM

n/t

VA Poker 05-24-09 11:09 PM

Denethor,
I don't know the exact probabilities of these hands but i will assume you have the correct information. What you have to realize though is that in a bubble no hand is probable. Meaning you could pick four random hands and figure out the probability that those hands would be dealt at the same time and it would be very very unlikely. There is no possible combination of hole cards four different people could have that would be anywhere close to probable. If four guys had A4,68,22,KJ that might seem to some to make alot more sense but the probability that the hand was going to be dealt just like that is extremly low. However, if four guys had those hands you wouldn't be posting on here how ridiculous it was. If you honestly think whatever site you are playing on is corrupt then play somewhere else; but spending so much time and energy trying to decide whether or not sites are rigged will never help your game. Even if you are right, it's not going to help you as a poker player. Play somewhere you atleast think you can trust and from there just focus on your game. If you just think they are all rigged just don't play because you will never improve if you are sure you are playing on a rigged site.

Denethor 05-25-09 12:35 AM

n/t

VA Poker 05-25-09 01:07 AM

In my opinion you need to examine your results over a bigger sample size than you are currently. Just because you had a couple bad days doesn't mean you are necessarily doing anything wrong. Even the best players in the world have long losing streaks. Just focus on playing well and making the right decision. If you make the right decision and get sucked out on there's nothing you can do about it.

Also, maybe I'm biased about this because I'm a little older, but I wouldn't put too much faith in all those little programs that tell you exactly how to play. When I first started playing there wasn't even online poker much less all that stuff and I honestly think I am better off because of it. It's hard to get an edge on the field if you are all following the same programs telling you what to do. If you aren't worried too much about the money you'd probably be better off throwing all of that out the window. It could possibly hurt you a little bit in the immediate future but it will help your game down the road.

what odds 05-25-09 01:45 AM

Denethor 05-25-09 09:28 AM

I have removed the text of all of my posts which you believe are detracting from the thread. If you want them gone entirely so as not to "undermine the entire thread", you will need to remove the text from your replies, as well.

I have to say that I see some irony and hypocrisy in your posts. You declare with absolute certainty that FTP is actively and intentionally "rigged", but then declare with equal certainty that other sites are beyond reproach. I specifically said I was not accusing PS of being rigged but simply said something didn't seem right lately.

You didn't stop there, though, and further went on to describe me as a "losing player[s] who [hasn't] got a clue about poker and [is] blaming a site being rigged for their losses". When I was complaining about FTP instead, you were defending me as a victim. You're entitled to your opinion on both FTP and PS and my abilities (all of which are likely correct), but don't pretend that you are just "trying to help me" and then use such terms to describe me.

what odds 05-25-09 03:33 PM

buck22 05-25-09 07:28 PM

I agree that recording hands as they play out could throw up some dodgy results, but it would take a hell of a long time. You would need to record:
a)hand number
b)table number
c)flop,turn,river precise cards
d)what street the money went all in
e)precise odds of outs
f)out come

This would need to be done over a minimum of 100,000 RANDOM hands without error. I tried this for 100 hands and it took me 3 hrs to record it, and 3 hrs painstakingly calculating odds for each hand. So basically, it comes down to who wants to stare at a screen for 1000hrs keeping precise records to prove that a site is rigged when there is the overwhelming possibility that it's not and that you've just infact wasted a year of your life for f*** all.
If you could round up 100 willing participants, how do you know the other 99 aren't misrecording stats, you'd need to be 100% sure your sh** is accurate.
I reckon the only way to do it is for someone to write a program that can record the desired stats from the poker site and leave it running, otherwise its too time consuming and innaccurate.

Also, if any old dumbass with a spare year can prove a gambling site is rigged, don't you think a multi-billion dollar company would cover their tracks a little better e.g. maybe balancing the badbeats with unusual good stretches to avoid detection from a paranoid with a pencil and pad.

I don't mean to be negative about this plan but if it was that easy to expose a poker site, someone with the computer programming know-how would've already done it, especially if 2 whining gamblers like us have both tried it. Either find a dedicated, out of work system programmer or switch to pokerstars and be done with it.

what odds 05-26-09 12:41 AM

buck22 05-26-09 01:06 PM

Ok whatodds, i'll record 200 random all ins and put it in my next post

buck22 05-26-09 03:56 PM

sorry whatodds, got to about 30 hands recorded and theres about 4 bad beats so far, same thing happened last time i did my 150 hand sample, sort of see a bigger picture when u see all the all ins in a row, seems pretty cosur to me, give it a go urself

Cransley69 05-26-09 05:18 PM

What a relief...I'm not going mad after all

Played for 6 hours today at Titan Poker. Bought in for $50 with .50 and $1 blinds. Played solid, aggressive poker, exactly as I have always tried at FTP and how I used to play at the Bike. What a difference!

It felt like 'Real' poker, with my hands and other peoples playing out pretty much as they should with just the occasional suck-out. Such a relief to find out that I am not going mad - that you can actually win online.

When I think of the months and months at FTP, playing a game of 'chip-attrition', where every all-in move was met with an outrageous suckout; where my thoughts were "this has to end soon, turn around in my favour" - but never did. I now know from this site that I was not alone - that somewhere along the line I was being had (as other people have been too.)

When are the Feds going to latch onto this and investigate it?

Good Riddance FTP. I won $404 today which is something I could never do at your site. Glad to be out of there, and never going back.

Good luck at the tables all.

Crans

what odds 05-27-09 12:43 AM

VA Poker 05-27-09 12:58 AM

Cransley,
You think the "Feds" should investigate FTP. If you are referring to the United States Federal Government you are insane. Don't you know it is illegal for anyone in the US to play internet poker for real money? Thats like saying the "Feds" should investigate your local bookie because he isn't giving you the Vegas odds on Lakers/Nuggets game. If the "Feds" ever get around to investigating FTP it won't be because they aren't giving the right odds it will be because it is illegally servicing US players.

What do you guys really think you are going to accomplish by all of this? Honestly? FTP is worth billions and they operate a business that doesn't fall under the jurisdiction of any particular government or even a governing body of poker, which of course does not exist. If you guys think its rigged just don't play, when you are gambling in a semi illegal manner you can't exactly go cry to the BBB. If there was a local card game in your town and you thought something shady was going on there would you call the cops to investigate or would you just not play there anymore?

Cransley69 05-27-09 09:51 AM

VA poker

Since I live in England there is nothing 'semi-illegal', as you put it, about me playing online.

If there was a massive scam going on, at the heart of which were several US citizens, many of the victims of which were also US citizens, I would have thought the feds would be interested, irrespective of the legality or otherwise of the activity.

As to your other suggestion - to stop playing there - I have done. Thank you.

what odds 05-28-09 06:29 PM

nitemare6 05-28-09 09:55 PM

In case any of you OBC decide to try again playing on this phony scam site. Her is an event from tonight.

I have not played on FTP for a month or more. Even then I only play a small tournament like $1 and no more than $10

Tongiht I sit down UTG. Fold 2 hands. Third hand... REPEAT ---> THIRD third hand

I get PP 3s. I limp in with about 5-6 other players. Pot 210.

Flop comes 356. I bet 90 and get three calls. Pot at 570.

Turn comes 10. I over-bet 700 hoping some clown with a 10 calls me.

All fold but one player who goes A/I. I call about 470.

He shows 10-4!! A fucking pair of tens and a open end str8 sraw, and goes all in. Real swift playing on the 3rd hand of a tournament.

----> Anyone want to guess what the river card was on Full RIGGED TilT ? (nevermind I was a 5/1 favorite).

Guess the card. I will post tomorrow.

Yes........... this was a $1 tournament. But the point is: DON'T PLAY ON FTP.

What fun is it to play with a rigged deck. no matter what you do they have it stacked against good players in tournaments in particular. I am absolutely amazed how many suckers and fools and stupid or obsessed peopel there are in the world who cannot think for themselves, and continue to rationalize or delude themselves that this kind of CR-AP "dealing" is real poker.

Find other sites or play live. Save yourslef the stress.

There is not a single time I go on this scam site (which I do rarely) that soemthing like I mentioned above (if you can guess the card) happens.

ALL THE F-KING TIME!

VA Poker 05-29-09 01:17 AM

You think it's weird for a player to go all in with top pair and a open ender in a ONE DOLLAR tournament? He would have called even if he didn't hit the 10. IT'S A DOLLAR, whats your sn on fulltilt? I'll gladly transfer you the dollar. Maybe you guys are just noble martyrs who are simply posting here to stop others from playing on the evil empire that is full tilt. I have to say though, posting a bad beat story about a one dollar tournament (or any tournament) makes you look pathetic. Also, about the whole finishing the post tomorrow thing, do you really think there is a bunch of people out there who read your post and just can't wait to here the end of the story about how you got beat out of a dollar? lol you can't be serious.

what odds 05-29-09 06:16 AM

what odds 05-29-09 06:19 AM

VA Poker 05-29-09 05:30 PM

whatodds,
lol @ your post, I'll reply anyway. The reason I haven't replied to anything you said recently is that even though we disagree your points are IMO fair for the most part. I'm not conceding to you that FTP is rigged but your arguments make sense and don't seem to be out of pure bitterness. However, when someone says the FEDS should investigate or someone complains that a player in a ONE DOLLAR game wouldnt lay down top pair and an open ender I just can't help myself. I play 30-50 dollar sng's and there aren't too many people there laying down top pair with an open ender. BTW I was knocked out 3 times in a row a couple days ago by rivered straights after the money was in on the turn and that was on Stars. I don't have an issue with everyone who disagrees with me but the people who complain purely on their own hand history and say its rigged because they won elsewhere and don't win there tend to get a response out of me. It seems like you'd have an even bigger problem with them as they tend to make your argument look weak.

what odds 05-29-09 06:17 PM

nitemare6 05-29-09 08:45 PM

The guy hit a 7 on the river to give him a full rigged tilt straight. So the set of 3s were busted by a 18% probability after the turn.

As far as losers who talk about the dollar amount of a given game or poker tournament as having any bearing on whether a poker site is rigged AND/OR whether people should still play the game to win correctly... I have had this discussion/argument ad nauseum with losers like that, for many years. So here is my take (for the losers out their who have such low standards in their own sorry lives that they project it on to others):

when we are young and also when we become adults we compete in games of all kinds. Some play oglf, some basketball or tennis or ping pong or board games or video games or bowling etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Now, most of the time there is not much on the line. Not much money bet. Sometimes you just play well and hard for simple reasons: Pride, comeptition, the challenge of doing well etc.etc.

This is instailled in winning human beings who are rational, funtional and have self-worth.

Now if I had a dollar for every time guys with apparently low standards like VA Poker said the same old worn-out, loser platitude

"it's only a dollar what's the big deal... why play with skill, who cares if you play well, it's ony a small tournie?"........... I would have 1000 xtra dollars in my pocket right now.

But I was raised to have honorable pride, make a difference and try to do your best all the time.

But still guys like VA Poker continue to spit out the nauseating theory that: "you only try to do well and compete well and play well when there is A LOT of money on the line"

Well sorry that guys like him have such low values and standards.

When I play in a $1 tournament I play to win. When I play in a $10,000 tournament I play to win. Most winners do that in life. They compete to win and give their best. That doesn;t mean you are as motivated in a $1 as in a $10,000 tournament; but to me it means you still compete and play like a winner.

Besidees how the F do you get better if you practice like crap and then expect to play really well in a big tournament or game.

What a joke that guys like VA Poker are so unsophisticated that they don't get it yet. Maybe he's young, or if not, maybe he never learned these higher standards or developed enough personal pride.

If you play a pick-up basketball game or a golf match with friends this weekend, for NO money, tell me.... do you nto still try to play your best. DUH

BOTTOM LINE: you can't compete and play well on a RIGGED poker site!

FIN

nitemare6 05-29-09 09:00 PM

WHAT ODDS

Read My Lips:

FULL TILT IS RIGGED. Don't you get it yet. It is not a random deal. There are pre-programmed algoriuhms.

Sure, some times guys fold and you have conservative players who do not stay in the hand and thus defeat the FT rigging system. That results in some realistic play.

But for the majority of hands they are set up for higher RAKES.

Get it.

Don't play on FTP for more than a few dollars...

...........and only play on a day when you don't mind be aggravated to death!