View Single Post
Old 08-01-07, 01:33 PM

I found this forum/site by searching for "full tilt rigged" in my search engine. So as you have probably guessed I've been burned by Full Tilt in a suspicious way more than once. There are some things I wanted to bring up. On one hand, there are some of you that complain about going all in preflop with a premium pocket pair and losing to a higher pair very often. At the same time, the same person complains about going in with a higher pocket pair against a lower pair and losing to a set. While I've seen my share of both on this site, making both of these arguments in the same breath does not make sense to me. Also, people compare playing multiple tables (or even one table) online to playing live games. Live games move significantly slower than even 1 online table, which means you will see a larger number of hands and of course an increased number of bad beats or improbable combinations. I have probably played over a million hands of online poker on multiple sites over the last few years. There is no cardroom player that can make a similar claim in their lifetime without playing online. So as much as they think they've seen, their sample is not really relevant. On the other hand, I've suffered a lot on this site due to bad beats and am too scared to go all in with the nuts on the flop because I have a feeling my opponent will improve to beat me on the turn and river. This is the feeling that brought me to reading this forum. I play mostly $2/$4, but also have a scale of limits according to my bankroll - so I do drop down to lower limits. I have tried all limits below 2/4 out of curiousity for a period of time as well. There is an alarming number of bad beats that happen on this site, where your opponents happen to his improbably draws to beat you. I've tested this with really small limits .05/.10 to .25/.5 by playing recklessly hoping for underpairs to turn sets and for improbable gutshot draws or runner runner flushes to hit. Although I was not turning a profit this way, I was able to stay alive for a pretty long time. The way it worked is, I would consistently lose pot after pot until I hit a huge improbably draw and took a huge pot, winning back most of my bankroll (in each case with my opponent complaining about how rigged the site is). What I learned is, there is likely no bots or players on the inside. However, I think there is something wrong with the card generator. I notice it because I feel a difference from all of the other sites (and I'm not saying the others are fully honest). The problem I have is that I am torn between and I try to prove and disprove this theory all of the time. Some of the crazy stories however, can really be explained by chance. One of my early home cash games, I flopped a pair with 52o on a 972 flop. I was bet into from early position and bluff-raised, I was put all in and called the bet against a friend of mine who flipped over 99. I then caught 2 on turn and last 2 on river to beat him. Two hands later I caught a Royal Flush - which is unheard of in a home cash game! Two weeks ago I hit 4 of 6 lottery numbers twice in one week. You can get a calculator and count the odds, but sometimes things happen. I would really be interested in comparing Full Tilt's poker tracker stats to those of other sites to see if there is variation in frequency of the different events in question.