View Single Post
Old 08-10-07, 09:52 AM

Okay.. this has me on "Tilt" so to speak. I might be coming over to your guys side...

Was playing in a $10.00 $15K guarantee rebuy last night. I didn't realize it was a rebuy until I got in. I say that because I hate rebuys and don't waste my time with em because of the blind luck needed just to survive the first break most of the time.

So... Not only do I manage to survive, but I do pretty well and have around 8K at the break, which was about middle of the road. We keep going after the break for awhile and I get ACE QUEEN Off. I raise it to 1000 pre flop and get one caller. Flop comes something like Ten Nine Four... Guy checks in front of me so I take a chance and go all in for about 6K, he calls and we turn over cards... he has Jack SEVEN! I hit my queen on the turn and am feeling pretty good.. well of course an eight pops on the river to give him a straight.

The guy did have around 20K in chips to start the hand, but that probably didn't even put him ine top 20 at this point in the tourney. In what world would you call the pre-flop raise, let alone calling a 6K raise when you had nothing more then a gutshot straight draw.

So who knows anymore. I'll just keep plugging along.