View Single Post
Old 12-19-05, 02:30 PM

Gus Hansen is loaded and dong very well. This is no lie. I played at Bellagio yesterday and Gus hansen was at the table right behind me along with Doyle Brunson, Chip reese, Sammy Farha, Phil Ivey, and Barry Greenstein. It was like the Poker Superstars Invitational all over again. Phil Laak and Ted Forrest were also there and Mel Judah but they didnt sit down and play. I personally stood over the table when Gus through out about 12 to 13 chips on top of his blind and I looked closer to make out the denomination. They were $1000 each, no joke. he had around $300,000 in front of him. Doyle was 2 to 3 seats down. I literally had to move for Doyle 2 times ad he left table to talk on cell. That is how close it was. I post this to put to rest all these sewing circle rumors that Gus is broke and owes Doyle millions. Another corroboration is the FSN one table event that aired around Thanksgiving in Monte Carlo, it was $125,000 buy in and Gus was alive and well there too. He is not broke, quite the opposite he was flourishing with that stack in front of him. Wow. I couldnt believe it. Not tournament money, real cash. $1000 chips each. Crazy but true. Anyone awake in the Bellagio poker room yesterday will corroborate this.