View Single Post
Old 08-01-08, 12:10 AM

I'd like everyone to know,the good that can come out of poker and a hero of the poker community, i have been living a hell nightmare for 24 weeks,i am 31 years old, i was given 3-12 months to live a few months ago,i have widespread cancer that got into my brain.
through this time it has been my undoing,a worst nightmare,you always think if i ever get sick or hurt,id have people by my side to help me,well in my case it wasnt true, my father disowned me,my girlfriend left me, the only person who has stood by my side is my mother,and barry greenstein.
poker has always been a dream of mine to play professionally,and to play with some of my heros of the game.and barry has made this all come true for me,while i watched my outside world come caving down on me,and everyone leaving me,barry has stayed by my side. he's told me never to quit,through my darkest of times,it has helped, he told me we all die in the end.and its all true.and it truly helps
he's given me money to play with him on pokerstars,and has played numerous times with me,each time i smile and am happy.through 24 weeks of living bed ridden,ive only smiled those few times that i have played with him.. he dont need to spend his day playing 1-2 penny poker.but he does for me.and i want to thank him from the bottom of my heart.thank you
although i may never play in vegas,or meet my hero's,ive dreamt it all,inside my head, and its all i have .and it's always fun to live it inside my head.but barry makes dreams come true,i never thought id smile again after i got this death sentence,but i have. He is a true hero of the game,and a man who should be recognized for more than just poker.
michael