Thread: Bad Beat Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-10-05, 12:46 PM
tbranson

home game

i am playing a 10/20 nl 1K min buy in home game in dallas. it\'s late, around 4 in the morning so we are 4-handed now. i am dealt ace ten of clubs in the bb...it is checked to me so i make a modest raise of 250$. i am smooth called by a player in first position with ace five and called by the player in the small blind who has pocket queens (he played this hand wrong). the flop comes A(h) 8(c) 3(c). i have top pair descent kicker (four-handed) and nut flush draw. the sb (queens) check and i open with a 1K bet and then the player in first position (ace 5) calls and the player with pocket queens reraises all in for about 6K more. after thinking about it i made the right call and called his all in...then out of nowhere ace five guy calls the all in. now he had the five of diamonds so he sitting on a two outer because one of his fives gives me the nut flush...and of course he hits his red five to win with two pair aces and fives but you knew that or else i wouldnt be typing this to begin with. after that beat i was left with 560 dollars and confusion...why would someone risk there stack with that garbage?