Thread: Bad Beat Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-06-05, 07:50 AM
Pocket 9s

home game

The pot at our bi-daily home game tourney was up to 250 dollars (10 dollar buy-in) two rebuys in first 2 hours. I had more than double the amount of chips of anyone else and was dealt pocket 9s. As I am BB everyone folds to SB and he raises to T20. You start off with T40 and i was up to over 300. Blinds were 4/8 so I call with my 9s. The flop bring AQ3 rainbow. While the initial raiser is a maniac i still check assuming that he has hit a pair of Qs at least. He checks as well and the turn brings a 9. BINGO. Every suit you could imagine was on the board so I was not afraid of a flush or any kind of straight. He checks to me again so I try to get some kind of action and throw in a T40 bet. As he smooth calls me I put him on QK thinking that he is scared of the A. As for if he has A2 he woulda reraised thinking his aces were good(just the kind of player he is). The river brings a Q and I think BINGO. He bets HUGE and I reraise all in which he could only cover half of what I had. Being the cocky player he is he SCREAMS out CALL and throws down his rockets. By far the hardest beat that I have ever taken thinking that my full house beat anything that he had.