View Single Post
Old 10-09-05, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

I've been playing for years. I've read all the books, posted to 2+2 and the rest. I can say with humility that I am in the top 5% of low limit players online. Specifically, my pokertracker results prove this. If you are going to make claims like you can live off poker, you need to have this software.

To answer the question specifically I've played over 74,000 hands this year. I can average 1.75 big bets per 100 hands. I play mostly 5c/$1.00, but occasionally $1/$2. I play the most profitable games based on multiple criteria I won't divulge. This means I might be at 2 omaha high tables, one PL 08, and maybe a holdem that I'm on 'autopilot' on. When you add it up, I can make $7.00 an hour, hosestly. That's it. Month in, month out.

Most people at my level move up in limits, and maybe I'm a pussy. Maybe that is where the money is, but I doubt it. More raising preflop, less brutal mistakes by opponents. Clear value raises become marginal value raises. Pots move from 9-12 big bets to 6-8 consistantly. Anyone who thinks they can make 2bb/100 at one level, and 1.5 at the next highest level is lying to themselves and doesn't have pokertracker or anther means to keep honest track of thier results.

Books, TV, WSOP, and internet sites like this one exist because of the theme that you can make a living off of poker. "Think about that. Just study a little bit, play with patence, and you too can make a killing" Its just not the case.