View Single Post
Old 10-28-05, 04:18 PM

Thumbs up Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thStreetPokerParties.com
Doyle Brunson has said several times:

"The only hand worth going all-in on during the first day of the WSOP is pocket aces."

How can you play them and risk leaving the tournament on the first hand?... But how can you not play them?

I understand the philosophy of wanting to have as much information as possible before making a decision. But, would you make the a different decision on the 50th hand than on the 1st hand?

You may very well be up against KK or QQ or even AA. I don't see anyone going all-in on the first hand with AK. If someone catches a K or Q, then good for them. You could sit there the rest of the tournament without ever seeing that hand again.

If you're afraid of playing with the best hand in fear of someone drawing a better hand then... you shouldn't be playing at all. Because that's the nature of the game.

I've been in a situation on the first hand of a tourney where I had the nut straight after the turn and the guy to the left of me goes all-in, another guy goes all-in, and I decide to call. We all had Ace-high straights. The only card that can come would be a club on the river to make a flush for one of us to win. The club comes on the river and two of us are eliminated. I felt I made the right play and I don't know anyone who could disagree.

This guy knows what he is talking about!