View Single Post
Old 03-23-05, 03:45 AM
Unregistered

Truth be told almost 90 % of poker players say they are either winners, just someone who plays recreationally and doesnt care about the money, or that at the end of it all ( day, session, year, etc etc.. ) they end up even .. sorry , but thats not true .. almost 85% percent of all amateurs that play poker are losers. they lose consistently and hope for that one big payout, the WSOP or a great run of cards at a WPT event they can hardly even buy in for. to make it big is a huge investment of time and a lot of patience. to quote Dave Scharf of Canadian Poker Player Magazine " poker is not nascar ..things dont happen fast " as for online, beware of the automaticness of pushing a button and having money deducted from ur Credit card. It can sometimes not feel as real as sitting across from someone and playing a live game. To play poker online for hours at a time can be draining and all that to win 2 BB's an hour ?? it can be done but is it really worth doing ? i think ill keep my job thanks and ill meet the boys on wednesday night like i have for the past 6 years, well talk about the bad beats and make fun of each others play and most of all ... always question how good we really and wonder if well ever get to play in the big one ?
Good luck on the tables and may all ur pots be huge