View Single Post
Old 05-11-05, 06:00 PM
Fuchida

If you like action, this is the site for you. However, the number of bad beats and cold deck situations is amazing so if you want anything like poker reality, avoid the site. Very low probability situations happen every few hands. I have played several other sites, including Party, and nothing compares to Bodog in that regard. I have played bodog for 2-3 months because I like the reload bonuses and I haven't noticed any correlation between cashouts and bad luck and I think that ould be almost impossible to program anyway. The sort of good news is that the draws out affect everyone equally but the sheer number of them means that chasers do not do as badly as on other sites. What makes me most suspicious is that they will not allow downloading of hand histories in the same way as other sites so there is no way to analyse a large number of hands as you can as on Party, PokerStars, etc. Although I have made reasonable money from Bodog, its because I have adopted a defensive style that assumes major draw outs and bad beats happen a lot more often than normal. I try to avoid the inevitable drawouts, or at least lessen their impact, and make more money when I hit one of the regular monster hands. When I clear my current bonus though I am going to change sites as the situation has reached ridiculous proportions in recent weeks. I find myself typing 'amazing' at least ten times per day and that is only for hands in which I am involved. As I said at the start, if your interest in poker is fun and action and you aren't too bothered about making lots of money, this site will be fine. Those with tilty tendencies stay away for the good of your health.