View Single Post
Old 07-03-05, 06:00 PM
maestro

I think that Mike Sexton needs to improve the commentary all round. He (along with all the other commentators) need to start commentating like the audience knows how to play the game. I understand that in popular media poker is a relativly new game for the masses, however name one other sport that spends more time explaining what the terminology/rules are than what is actually being done. They need to start commentating on WHAT THE PLAYERS ARE THINKING. That is what its all about, what the other players might have, what their bets are representing, the possabilities. Fair enough we can see what they actually have, but thats not the point, they players cant, so you should judge, or commentate, according to what they acctually have, they need to start commentating on what the community cards COULD become with two extra cards. It is just the next step that televised poker need to take, we are beyond the beginner stages, move on. Also if I hear Mike Sexton make another stupid comment, like repeating, word for word what a player has just said on the table I will scream, how stupid does he think we are. i.e. Player says: "I just cant get a good hand", Mike says: "They're saying they cant get a good hand down at the table"....thanks Mike we heard it for ourselves.