View Single Post
Old 01-16-05, 06:00 PM
ACSCashMoney

Cognito, it appears from your two posts that you have some excessive animosity towards Robert Varkonyi. Claiming someone is not the world's best player is one thing, but you're taking it to the extreme. As for the commentary in your posts themselves, I won't touch the assertion that Varkonyi is worse than every single person on this board, other than to say that this board is likely made up of, at minimum, 20% 16 year olds who have yet to play for more than $5 outside their kitchen table. You may be right, he may be the worst champion ever, and worse than many in the field, but it's ludicrous to claim to someone for 60 HOURS got cards that made it impossible to lose. It takes skill to beat out 600 some odd other player, you may get lucky a few times when you have a ton of chips, but he put himself into a position to GET those chips in the first place. The bottom line is, he won by a combination of playing well and utilizing good cards when he did get them. However, my post is not even concerning the man's play. My question to you, Cognito, is why don't you enter a World Series event, or a WPT event, or even a decent sized MTT at Foxwoods or in AC, both of which are within a few hours of Turning Stone? If you play regularly at 10-20 as you claim, your bankroll should be well more than it would take to enter even a smaller event at the WSOP, say, the 5000 or 3000 buy in. If someone as bad as RV can win, then perhaps you should take a shot at it to back up your abusive post, no?