View Single Post
Old 11-07-07, 01:13 PM

I've seen an incredible number of suck-outs on FTP which really makes me question if it is a fair game. After they caught cheating at AbsolutePoker.Net (google it) I began to wonder about FTP. I've been keeping track of the improbable suckouts, their frequency, and the situation surrounding the hands, and it comes down to 2 cases:

1-Player knows what all the cards on the table are; or 2-Player knows what cards are coming out next.

#1 is possible by using various programs to intercept network packets & then display them in a separate window (not too different from a network sniffer).

#2 is easier, by using a predictive shuffling algorithm (you obviously have to know which algorithm they use, but at that point, it only requires that you get to the same point in the shuffle, which you can figure out within a few hands, then you will know what the next draw card is in the predictive shuffler). All a deck is - is an array that get's "shuffled" by using a random number generator to either exchange 2 cards in the deck, or use the RAND to select which cards to copy into the "live deck". So this isn't difficult, you just have to know which RAND function they use to shuffle, and you can know everybody's cards forever.

Cheating on line, it is happening. Don't play at all as it is too easy for them to rip you off.

Even worse, it would be trivial for the website owner to set up a few "bots" that could take advantage of this information and steal you blind, and you'd never even know it. Stay away from on-line poker sites. Learn from my mistake. Play them for free, but don't ever use real money.