View Single Post
Old 05-21-09, 02:29 PM

I think I played this Right.

A couple of months ago I was playing in a $120 buy-in tournie & I had this happen.

112 players, 12K prize pool, between 35 & 40 players left & final 2 tables are paying out. sweet!

I had been told of a calling station getting massive suck outs throughout the tournie & that if she got in a hand with me that I should fold. even pocket aces. Just making HORRIBLE calls. gut shot str8, open ended str8, ace high for her tournament life & HITTING them

I'm sitting in first position with a little under 90K with a tight-aggressive image & the big stack @ the table so I'm pretty much in charge of my table to the point that I was playing/raising 2 napkins some hands.

the calling station is placed in the 4th seat across from me with about the same in chips.

full table.

the button is 5th or 6th.

the guy UTG or early position goes all in with ace-rag for 7600 or so.
I look & I have Pocket Rockets.

NOW, I have to decide how to play my AA with the calling station in late position. the other 2 players in 2nd & 3rd position were tight players & figured they would fold like always. The guys in the Blinds were the same way, raise preflop & they fold away unless they had a hand.

now back to the calling station. I REALLY wanted to knock her "TUSH" out of the tournie for the suck outs she put on the real players.

I could flat call the all-in, I knew if she had anything resembling a hand she would call or I could re-raise all in for my 90K & shut her out.

I flat called the all-in & the station called.
the flop came crap, crap crap with 2 diamonds.(no over cards)

The Station has position on me, not that I care mind you, & the all-in is awaiting his fate.

I decide to bet out with 35K to see if the station had anything

She called!

The turn bring more crap but its another diamond!

Now it's decision time. I was sure she had a pocket pair, maybe 88, 99 or 10 10, what I didn't know was whether she had a diamond or not.

SO Here was my thinking. Since I didn't have a Diamond I didn't want the station to draw another card, even though to go runner runner for a flush is about 6%
With about 150K in the middle(blinds, antes & betting) & the tournament chip lead at stake

I push all in for my final 40K+ & puts the calling station all in if she calls.

At this point EVERYONE @ the table knows what I have. EVERYONE knows I layed the smack down on the calling station! & are glad to see her go.
now she stops and starts thinking for a long time. and at this point I KNEW I read her correctly, she didn't insta-call my all in so she didn't have a flush or a set & she had a pocket pair with no str8's showing on the board.
So I KNEW it was over for her if she called.

at most she was about 6% to 12% to suck out again.

Then she did something amazing....SHE CALLED!

she turned over 99!! another retarded call.
I literally THREW my aces across the table towards her.
The look on her face was priceless when she saw how far behind she was.

Anyone care to guess what the river brought? nope, not a 9.

a diamond.

she knocked me out with another retarded call & became chip leader.

I went back later & saw that she hand lost most the chips & had barely made the money. that sucked. she didn't deserve any money at all for the way she played.

Now that I told my bad beat story I have a question for you all. I believe I played that particular hand very well

What's your opinion of how I played that hand? ANY suggestions, criticisms will be welcome as I told this story in hopes that I receive something constructive to think about.