View Single Post
Old 11-20-10, 06:27 PM

I just encountered a really weird hand. I know single hands don't prove anything, but get this:

I get AA, raise 4BB preflop to get maybe 1-2 callers. I get in fact one caller.

The flop is 26J, I raise pot-size. Other player calls. Turn is an 8, no flush draw out there. So now the other player raises me 15BB, quite a significant raise. But I still think my Aces are good, so I reraise him all in. He calls.

The river is 9. And guess what: The other player shows T7 and takes down my whole stack with a 4-outer river straight. How is such play even possible? After I raised preflop, on the flop and all-in on the turn he calls that for a gutshot draw? And hits the miracle card on the river?

Next hand I play AQ top pair flopped vs T6o and lose to the same player who hits 2 pairs on the turn. After that hand i complain and he immediately leaves the table.

Secone hand is standard, but the first one? Come on - not even a total idiot would overplay a 4-outer like that, unless --- he knew what was coming or unless he wasn't a real player at all. Not even a trained monkey shoves all his stack for a 4-outer gutshot when he is OBVIOUSLY beaten on the turn. RIGGED SCAM!