View Single Post
Old 11-06-06, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Wow. That was the most retarded thing I've ever read in my life. How is it that Phil Helmuth is the best tournement player ever. All his wins HAVE been in holdem'. Meaning, if he is in any other event he's not much of a threat. You seem to think that larger fields of players equal higher quality of player, but these fields are filled with the most ignorant players I've ever seen. The Main Event has become nothing more then a lottery. Name one champion in the past few years that wasn't at one point all-in and behind, only to draw out and double up. The fact is that when you are playing heads up you have to play a lot more hands, and Doyle Brunson is good enough to win with out making a hand, so there was no reason for him to fold just because "he didn't have it." Plus he flopped top pair both times then made two pair on the turn. If you're a person that will just give up top pair heads up, you should even be playing. Doyle is an aggressive player and would have played second pair if he thought it was right. This person makes it sound like Doyle called an all-in with just a gutshot on the turn. So if you think Doyle Brunson is overrated, then get a couple hundred thousand, play him heads up, and see what happens.