View Single Post
Old 03-16-05, 10:00 PM

You should have bet the river and taken more money from him!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMUS TDT
I was playing 3/6 hold 'em at Foxwoods a few months ago and I hit a hand I will never forget. I was BB and was holding 9/7 off suit. Any raise on the table and I most likely would fold, but there were 3 callers so i checked em. Flop came 779. I bet the boat and had a folder, a caller, and much to my surprise a raiser. I reraised here and was called by both. Turn comes a 7. I bet next player folded and this crazy guy raises me. So I reraise and he says to me "I guess I just walked into 4 of a kind." He calls here, I guess he just had to see em. River comes the, yep you guessed it, the 9. I got 7/9 in the pocket and 77979 on the board. I kinda felt bad for the guy and he had the read on me perfect so I gave him a chance and simply checked it to him. Finally he makes the right call and checks....we flip em and Yeah he was right I had 4 of a kind....twice in the same hand. I would love to have had a video of myself to see what kind of tell I gave up on that hand. I was trying to be so cool and calm about it but i bet you could see some big stupid smile on the corner of my mouth.
After all, It IS poker!