Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 10-25-04, 06:00 PM
Shaun/thechosenone1975

Hey Phil, you are a pretty good player, but please spare us the inane antics, please?If it isn't Hellmuth complaining about losing, it's some clown yelling (Laak), running their mouths (Matasow), or, God forbid, shadow boxing. (Guess who) If you are indeed a PROFESSIONAL player, try acting like one. Win, lose, draw...do it all with some style. If you need instruction, look no further than Sam Farha or Howard Lederer. They might not win all of the time, but they never act like morons at the table.
Old 11-01-04, 06:00 PM
aquaintence

Phil You Rock!!! Lovin The WPT Entertainment You Are Providing Professionally And Entertainingly (hum is that a word?)I Would Love To See You And Antonio In Another Tourney Together...Best Wishes :-)
Old 11-02-04, 06:00 PM
Gigohead.

According to the one sports writer in NYC, he was facinated at how some folks came dressed to the Halloween parade dress as Phil Laak. Rumor has it he is indeed dating Jennifer Tilly
Old 11-08-04, 06:00 PM
J Bullock

Saw on Jay Leno Jennifer Tilly talking about you.
Old 11-16-04, 06:00 PM
slvsc2

Very fun to watch on TV. As far as poker skills go, he's second-tier but smart enough to use his psychotic personality to gain exposure.
Old 11-22-04, 06:00 PM
richardeum

phil laak...broke ass acting a fool on tv...bet anyone youll never see this loser anywhere again..anywhere but in the city driving a cab so he can support is 1-2 habit
Old 11-24-04, 06:00 PM
pokerstud85

laak is the greatest i just got a unibomber tshirt off ebay its great
Old 11-26-04, 06:00 PM
ABHORRENT1

This Guy Is Bnging Jennifer Tilly. She Is F-ing Hot
Old 12-09-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Phil - You're incredible! From those crazy days of Engineering. I was flipping through the channels ( I never watch poker) and who do I see but my old roomate who used to play backgammon standing up for 24 hours straight.
Old 12-11-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

It would be hard for him to get a B.S. in any engineering with ADD. He has a good table image and alot of talent. And for the person that said he is just "more" lucky than everyone else...read more books. It's all math, not luck.
Old 12-13-04, 06:00 PM
bruce taesokim

THIS GUY LOOK LIKE, LIKE HIS HAVING A GOOD TIME PLAYING POKER.i WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT HIS EARNIG IS. dOES ANYBODY KNOW.
Old 12-13-04, 06:00 PM
Paul Moylan

Phil, I always thought, that if you could do something as well as you washed dishes in Falmouth, then you would have all figured out. I am tripping checking out your stats. When will you be in SF area?
[email]moylanp@sutterhealth.org[/email]
Old 12-19-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Very bad player. This is coming from someone who has played against him in many tournaments. E and every other pro love to see him at the table.
Old 12-24-04, 06:00 PM
heat_go_heat

Been playing the 10-20 blinds no limit game with Laak at the Bellagio for about 10 nights straight, nice guy, a little crazy, nothing special about his game, he plays to grind out profit nightly and I've found it quite easy to bluff him
Old 12-28-04, 06:00 PM
aqua_0

laak is interesting as all hell.
Old 12-29-04, 06:00 PM
Andrew

laak is a great player and is not intimidated by the "big Boys" he plays his cards and the people
Old 12-30-04, 06:00 PM
Eddie

There are too many Phils. Phil Hellmuth, Phil Gordon, Phil Ivey, and Phil Laak....One of them never shuts up (Laak). One never stops complaining (Hellmuth), One never speaks or smiles (Ivey). One is so good he gets to analyze celebrity poker for a living (Gordon).
Old 01-02-05, 06:00 PM
juicetin

Laak is cool, I love watching him play. My second favorite player. The shadow boxing is great.
Old 01-04-05, 06:00 PM
Ann

I interviewed Phil Laak not long ago and he was a pretty cool guy. I thought I would post a link to the interview here, in case anyone was interested.
[url]http://www.luminomagazine.com/2005.01/spotlight/3.html[/url]
Old 01-14-05, 06:00 PM
no name

He's an idiot, and so were the announcers for endorseing the assinine antics at that tournament!And you could see that the sharking was bothering some of the players. The WPT will suffer if they encourage this type of BS.
Old 01-21-05, 06:00 PM
Jimmy "The River" Ferreira

The man makes the game fun to watch no one can deny the change that we all have seen in the poker world with it becoming such a big hit and I would like to believe that it has something to do with these kinds of players like phil laak that make the game interesting to watch.
Old 01-21-05, 06:00 PM
iveyfan05

if you need a "player"like phil laak to make the game intresting, than you are not truly a fan...hes horrible for the game, he sucks out sooooo much....his antics are a joke...needs to get punched...
Old 01-22-05, 06:00 PM
Jimmy "The River" Ferreira

Well I would agree if I was someone playing with him at the table like I dunno if I would be able to take it. I might just snap. But watching him on tv I find it quite amusing maybe thats his stratagy to throw off the other players. Personally I am a big Phil Ivey fan. But phil laak is fun to watch.
Old 02-01-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Good players play the odds, Phil Laak does not.
Old 02-03-05, 06:00 PM
T-Bone

I don't get what everyone complains about. His antics really aren't that bad. I've never seen him do anything that is insulting to the other players... He mainly just has fun in a "his own little world" sort of way. I agree that the unabomber nickname isn't very tasteful, but he didn't give it to himself.
Old 02-05-05, 06:00 PM
katie/neonennopsychoalic

The unabomber is the craziest player...i love him!!! The poker game needs more players like him who knows how to have to good time. Laak is my fav player!!!
Old 02-05-05, 06:00 PM
Chattins

Unabomber... very inappropriate! Why would you want to look like and be referred as someone who devastated so many lives by murder?And why would the WPT commend this behavior? Hopefully some day they'll be sued for tons of money for acknowledging Laak as the Unabomber by the victims of the Unabomber or maybe by Ted himself.
Old 02-07-05, 06:00 PM
iveyfan05

best thing about laak is his girlfriend actress jennifer tilly....hot ..hot
Old 02-10-05, 06:00 PM
Bibulus

Laak is the man... crazy and unpredictable is a good way to put it on your opponents to make the best hand. I like his style on the table
Old 02-10-05, 06:00 PM
He's not crazy

he's just immature.