Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 08-28-05, 06:00 PM
FossilMan

I posted it on June 9th. Told you Raymer was a good, solid player and you'd see him late in the 2005 WSOP main event 25th out of 5,569 players is pretty god damn respectible. Unlike Moneymaker Raymer may get lucky but more often then not makes good reads, makes good bets and plays a very good game!
Old 09-07-05, 06:00 PM
To Vegas Mike

So I guess Kanter is the new Raymer, who was the new Moneymaker?
Old 10-31-05, 09:26 PM

Raymer has replaced Harrington as the most accomplished
player in the history of the WSOP!.................All the other crap about Moss, Bronson, and all the others who beat
fields of less than 200....MEAN VERY LITTLE
Old 11-10-05, 12:10 PM

I am getting tired of everyone running down englishcat! He may drop names every once in a while.....but I know him personally, and I can guarantee you that his stories are true. What is so unbelievable about a great poker player knowing a lot of other great poker players??? Keep the stories coming english......I want to know what these players are REALLY like....and you should know!
Old 11-10-05, 12:13 PM

I am getting sick of everyone running down englishcat! Sure, he has a habit of dropping names...but wouldn't you, if you knew all of these players?? I know englishcat, and I can guarantee that his stories are true. What is so unbelievable about a great poker player knowing a bunch of other great poker players???? Keep the stories coming english, I, for one, want to know what these guys are REALLY like! Thanks.
Old 11-13-05, 11:40 PM

Hee Haw, nice play Aaron, hee haw, you jackass.
Old 07-21-06, 07:26 PM

Raymer has really earned my respect over time...but did you see his performance at the PPT at Foxwoods? Man, he made some really bad reads. Maybe he did what he did because it was a freeroll and just wanted to gamble. But I was shocked at the last hand he played (his Q8 vs. QQ). Why he didn't put his opponent on a big pocket pair is a little confusing. If I was in that spot, I probably would have put the guy on AA or KK! You could argue with me on this and say "oh, it's so much easier with the pocket cams to say that." But preflop his opponent made it very apparent he was STRONG. It could be sensed in his preflop limp-raise and his body language. On defense of Greg, when the flop came (Qh Xh Xh) he KNEW his opponent didn't have the flush, and he was right in that respect. However, even with a three flush on the board, it's pretty hard to move somone off when they have AA or KK...or in his opponents case, the set of Queens. Raymer made a ballsy play representing the flush in this situation and it busted him out. Sorry Greg, you could have just avoided that situation all together by NOT PLAYING Q8!
Old 07-25-06, 09:34 PM

Much better player than moneymaker
Old 08-11-06, 01:31 PM

One of the top hold em players out there. If not for a PartyPoker player going all on a draw (Terrible, terrible play, obviosuly he was from partypoker) and not hitting on the river to cripple Raymer, Greg would have easily made the final table again in 2005 and most likely won it all.
Unlike Moneymaker before him and Hachem after him. Fossilman is the real deal!
Old 10-31-06, 10:03 AM

with all tht money i hope he buys himself a decent pair of shades!
Old 12-21-06, 03:29 AM

RE: UltimateBet

Quote:
Originally Posted by krolek
he played well, but will we ever see a big name win the wsop again or will it just be online junkies who spent 22 hours a day playing at ultimatebet. I'd like to see one of the Phils or MEn the master win 2005.
Just thought I would inform you that Greg is part of Team Pokerstars, not UltimateBet.

So is Chris Moneymaker and Joe Hachem.

Jamie Gold is part of Team Bodog.

I think someone needs to get their sites straight! lol

AoS