Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 11-25-08, 12:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to thomas.shawn Send a message via MSN to thomas.shawn Send a message via Yahoo to thomas.shawn Send a message via Skype™ to thomas.shawn
I've ALWAYS thought PokerStars was a Hoax ... thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one
Old 02-05-09, 08:37 PM

Just for clarification purposes, Potripper, the guy on AP, who was identified as one of the people cheating (he used an admin account that could see the hole cards of everyone at the table. This account was SEPARATE from his Potripper account), was a software programmer or a high level employee who had access to this account. Apparently the account that exposed the hole cards was used in testing and through negligence or insidious means, was left active after the site went live. This hardly constitutes the "cheating" or "rigging" that many people claim happen on a daily basis. I just felt that everyone should know who doesn't already. I am still undecided about the actual nature of these sites, though I can testify that a close friend of mine had made several thousand dollars of Full Tilt in SnG over the last few months, even after cashing out.
Old 02-11-09, 11:50 AM

My RiverStars story

I'm new to poker, so I just play playmoney. I do know the game, and have also played a while on bodog. I have dominated the crap out of the play money tables. I have had a few bad beats, but I have about 60K play money in only a couple of weeks. PokerStars invited me to a few freerolls, and I finished like 1500 out of 4000. They sent me free $5 credit last week, so I played it this weekend. Well, I think I got up to $5.25, and then went to $0. I played .01/.02 tables, and honestly I can't believe this garbage. I had about 5 winning hands. I was able to survive about 10 hours with the money. So many bad hands, just not believable. Went on yesterday play money tables, took 2000 chips to 12,000 in 30 minutes. Whats amazing to me is that no site is legit, maybe the mob is involved and runs the legit sites out of business with threats or something. Anyways, I'll wait and see if they send me any money again, I'm not giving this scam any of my money.
Old 02-11-09, 01:00 PM

I just played the play money table again. The second hand, the flop was 10 10 10, next card was 10, then J. So the board was 10 10 10 10 J! What are the odds of that! What a joke, AC is 2 hours from me, might just have to drive there if I want to play legit poker.
Old 03-31-09, 12:26 AM

[url]http://www.rnrh.net/images/blog/pokerstars_five_aces.jpg[/url]
Old 03-31-09, 06:04 PM
Administrator

anyone have details about that tourney?
Old 04-01-09, 08:15 AM

The five aces thing is fake; I saw this awhile back and we looked it up. Funny, but not real.

mike
Old 04-01-09, 05:58 PM
Administrator

That's what I figured. Thanks.
Old 04-02-09, 06:51 AM

All of you people who relentlessly complain about these "rigged" sites really need to take a deep breath and think about it for a second. The main 2 sites people complain about here are full tilt and poker stars and most of the players complain seem to play fairly low stakes (not to degrade them I play pretty low stakes myself). My point is that these two sites have HUGE cash games on them where they make big rakes. So you guys think they make all this money off of these big games but still for some reason hire programmers just to screw you over in a 10 dollar sng? Also, if these sites were "rigged" for every single person they screw over on every single hand there has to be another player who benefits. Why would the sites just pick everyone who posts on this forum to screw over? They make the same rake off of everyone they could care less who wins. If you play online you see 2-3x the hands you do live and the play is 2-3x as loose. That makes for LOTS of bad beats. People just play differently online because they don't have to worry about getting read when they are bluffing and don't have to worry about being embarrased when they turn over garbage. There is an unwritten rule in poker that you don't accuse anyone of cheating unless you are SURE of it. I think the same should be said for these sites, alot of us play there and win money and we don't like seeing everyone crying that its rigged because you took a bad beat. So I ask all you complainers, why you? Why did they pick you out to screw? You guys act like they screw everyone which is impossible. You are probably the same people who thinks everyone is staring at you when you walk down the street. Grow up, if you don't like internet poker or think its rigged, just don't play. No one ever made you play, if I thought the game was rigged I'd never gamble a single dollar in it.
Old 07-09-09, 12:47 AM

Couple Thoughts...

VA:

I've pretty much decided that I'm not cut out for poker as you know from our discussions. Online is the best option for my geographic area, and I wanted to become more accomplished before venturing into a live setting, anyway, but if what I'm experiencing is an accurate representation of live poker, then I'm no good and am not getting any better. If anything I'm getting worse. The more I learn and the more I try to think things through, the worse my results.

Poker abilities and experience aside, though, I have a different perspective on a couple points of your post. These are just some different conclusions based on different thinking rather than any claims as to how things should be played or anything.

In regards to the argument that messing with the low stakes wouldn't be worth the trouble, I think most people who claim things aren't on the up-and-up usually agree that low stakes would be the area where the most people play and where oddities would be least likely to be noticed. Few people at that level would be using tracking software, and most probably don't have much live experience to which to compare. Start messing with things in a high-stakes game, and it would probalby get noticed right away.

The question of why the sites would target those who post here is a chicken-egg thing. People are posting here because they feel they aren't getting a fair game. But, again, I think the issue isn't that the sites would be designed to target certain players or even actively target a certain type or group of players. The assertion is simply that the dealing being less than random would benefit certain players/types of players while harming others. If draws are completed more frequently than they should, then it only stands to reason that anyone who chases draws will benefit while those who don't would be on the losing end.

I know a lot of people say that the more hands dealt, the more unlikely hands/bad beats. Statistically, though, that shouldn't change the likelihood of anything. If anything, the increased number of hands should increase the sample size seen by everyone and decrease the variance. Saying that more players means more bad beats would be like saying that having one thousand people each flip a coin would result in the results being further from 50/50 than having just one person flip one coin.

Additionally, the idea that looser players would result in more unlikely hands seems a bit off to me, as well. Just because more players chase draws doesn't mean that they should hit any more often. Even if a player chases every flush, he still shouldn't hit it more than odds dictate. Again, if anything, more chased flushes should mean a larger sample size of hands that go to showdown. As long as the odds hold up, then more people chasing draws should mean more wins by their opponents playing sound poker when the chasers miss - not a higher chance of draws being completed.

Anyway, just some alternative perspective. I went into poker thinking the results should be more reliable (not necessarily predictable) than they apparently are.
Old 07-09-09, 03:54 AM

Denethor

That is a good point about the high stakes games being more risky to mess with because the players are much more serious, experienced, and financially invested in the games. Maybe thats why the only internet cheating scam that has been exposed was in the high stakes level? I hadn't really thought about it that way but it makes more sense than what I said especially considering that the nosebleed cames have capped raked which are actually very low so, because of that and volume, the sites probably make more money off of low stakes than high. I know all of that goes against one of my original points but I just thought about it.

As far as the bad beat thing; I wasn't saying more loose play means bad beats are any more likely, as you said you get more hands in online so if anything the numbers over a given number of hours should be more what you'd expect because you get larger sample sizes than live. However, the VOLUME of bad beats obviously greatly increases with more hands and loose play. Thats all I was trying to say, and some people don't understand why the see a bad beat every 5 minutes online and one every half hour live. The see a bigger VOLUME of beats and thus think something is wrong. Players tend to notice bad beats and sometimes an increased volume can be mistaken for a greater percentage of bad beats because all the hands that don't end in bad beats tend to go unnoticed. Take your flush draw thing as an example. The guy who chases every single time isn't going to increase his odds to hit a flush by doing so. However, that guy is going to hit ALOT of flushes, he'll miss twice as many as he hits obviously but if he chases everytime he will hit a lot. The problem is that you aren't going to see his cards when he misses. So a lot of times it seems like a guy hits every draw when in reality he is missing a lot too but you aren't seeing his cards in those hands. Again, its just a volume thing, the more flush draws chased, the more flushes hit. Anyone who plays live and online will tell you they see 2-3x as many flushes online. I think that is expected only because people chase flush draws 2-3x as often as they do live. So its not increasing the likelihood of a completed weird draw but it does increase the volume of such hands.

The part about which players get screwed over and why is the part that really gets me. Every poker player, live and online, thinks they are the unluckiest guy in the whole wide world. How many guys do you know that claim they NEVER win a 50/50 pre flop race. Do you think these guys really NEVER win a 50/50 race? Or the guys that ALWAYS get rivered. Do they really never make hands on the river, are they really always on the losing end of that? The nature of hold'em makes everyone feel unlucky. Couple that with the human nature of quickly forgetting your good fortune and letting thoughts of your bad luck linger and all of the sudden things don't seem right. Take all that, mix it in with the fact no one can see or really know for sure in these sites are on the up and up, and you get the inevitable accusations of rigged websites. For a lot of guys it ends up being a self fulfilling prophecy. Look at whatodds, he wins on other sites and still plays on FTP and loses even though he's sure its rigged. He could be losing on FTP for any number of reasons but I don't see how he could possibly win going into every game not only thinking he's going to lose but be cheated in the process. Everyone has days where they feel like it is impossible to win and thats when you take a break. So if you are sure you can't win at a certain site, for any reason, why keep playing there?

I just honestly think that with all the statistical databases it would be really hard for these sites to have rigged RNG's. Also, rigging in the way a lot of people here describe would be a lot of trouble considering the fact that these huge poker websites can constantly make a ton of money by being completely straight up. Also, alot of the things people accuse them of can be explained by the nature of gambling/poker. They have been accused by many of tilting the odds in favor of loose players to keep them in the game. Otherwise, why would losers play people ask. Losing poker players will ALWAYS play. FTP doesn't need to cheat to make sure of that. Half of these guys are just there to gambe for fun and don't even really care one bit about winning. The other half think they are about to break through and start winning any deposit now. Either way they are coming back reguardless.
Old 11-05-09, 11:10 PM

This is to all on online poker being rigged with a cashout curse:

First, I am not an employee of the company, simply a college student who turned to poker to test my mathematically and reading abilities.

I've been playing for about 2 years now, and have gotten seriously into the game. Last August, I won my first tournament for $1600, cashout out 1500, and lost my remaining bankroll. Since then, I felt like I was on a run of really bad cards.

I started playing again a couple months ago, and earlier this week won my second tournament for $4550. I cashed out $4500, leaving $300 on there.

Since then, I've made some deep runs in a couple tournaments, and one or two final tables. The cashout curse, while believable, does not exist IMHO. Bad cards come, but you have to wait for things to turn around.

As for online poker being rigged, I really think it's not.

A) Why? Poker sites make SO much money, there's no explination as to why they'd rig it.

B) If you haven't noticed, with a solid game you can make it deep in many tournaments.

C) The "Big Stack" Advantage deep in tournaments also isn't true. At both tournaments I've won, I was the ss all final table. Also, as a big stack in tournaments, I take just as many bad beats as I do when I'm on push/fold as a ss. It happens sometimes, and learning to take the fluctuations of the game is part of learning to be a solid player.
Old 11-05-09, 11:47 PM

The "cash out curse" is purely psychological. Let's say you play NL50 and you have 4k in your account but need to withdrawal most of it for living expenses. So you take 3500 out and leave 500. Now you only have 10 buy ins. At this point you are not only playing scared for fear of going broke but you are noticing every single little piece of bad luck you run into. If you have 100 buy ins in your account and you lose 1 or 2 on a bad beat you aren't going to let that bother you much. However, when you only have 10 buy ins, and then you lose one or two, that suck out becomes a much bigger deal to you.

I've yet to hear anyone who talks about the cash out thing ever give a reason why a site would do that. Do they really think they just get pissed every time you take money out and make you lose out of vindictiveness? Not only that, how would they even do it? What if you're playing HU with a guy who also just cashed out? Do they cheat both of you and just take the money off of the table? What if there is a ring game and half the guys have cashed out recently and half have not? A lot of these guys who think its rigged have a very narcissistic point of view. As if Pokerstars of Fulltilt has a team of guys working round the clock to manipulate the RNG in hands where a party involved has made a recent withdrawal from their site. They would have to spend so much time, energy, and money to do that and I can't see what they could possibly gain. These sites have multiple individuals that literally keep millions of dollars at a time on their site. Some of these sites are literally worth more than a billion dollars. Our cashouts of a couple hundred or couple thousand bucks means nothing to them.
Old 04-09-10, 11:01 PM

Pokerstars is so corrupt..If people post a hole card hacking program.Then why dosnt pokerstars have them charged?or have the articles removed?If people are posting the site as being corrupt or fraudulent then why dosnt pokerstars have people charged with libelous or slander?Because they CANT!!!It is so simple .If I have a dollar and you have a dollar and we bet.. one of us has 2 the other 0 same in poker the better players win over time and the population of players decreases.If you make your money from the rake then if player volumes decrease so would the rake.The only way to ensure the rake is to increase players increase pot sizes or plain and simple use algorythims that reward the lesser players poor play to ensure the rake.Daniel Negreneau only plays for 25 cents at pokerstars unless he is in a private room w his friends.So hes willing to play for 100gs in a private room but only 25 cents otherwise at pokerstars.
When i ask pokerstars these questions directlly they will not comment or answer.They have gone so far as to restrict or remove my "privelege" to play there.I made an orriginal 25$ deposit and made maybe 500$ over 2 years.What I have seen is that money is made by less than 5%.I am one of those 5%.The bad beats coolers and suck outs are incredible!!The better bluff i made the worse my cards got playing heads up untill i would recieve the same 95 72 74 j2 62 over n over then a pair of jacks vs j 10and inevitably evertime i mean at some critical point of a game bingo three tens beats 2 jacks ..k ace all in on the flop is beaten over n over by k9 calling and bang the turn hits a 9 80% of the time.I have been called all in by 72 or 75 with three of a kind on the flop only to see the opponents cards as 72 or 75 and thinking what an idiot only to watch my money go the other way after the hand.It is all geared toward the rake.Rob from paul to pay peter.I think thats called a ponsi scheme.I will be making a complaint to my international rcmp division this next week regarding fraud and theft.Has anyone seen the computer company posts that say no current computer has the power to create all the combos of a deck of cards.And using some algorythims can cause the right play to lose??poker has always been corrupt.Signaling,corrupt dealers.Bad programs hacks and cheats with insiders corrupt at every level.If it seems to good to be true.....I wonder if my donation to the haiti fund acctually went to haiti.Why was the ept targetted and half the final table monies robbed durring the event..gees pokerstars not saying anything!!!ASk support any of you [email]support@pokerstars.com[/email] why they dont go after the hacker programs listed on you tube or google.Will they address weather a computer has enough memory to create a trully random shuffle?If people are printing or saying falsehoods why dosnt pokerstars go after them?THEY WILL REFER YOU TO A FORM LETTER AND THAT IS ALL YOU WILL GET FOR A RESPONSE.If you question further they will tell you straight out that they will no longer answer your questions!!!!dosnt sound like someone w nothing to hide.Sounds more like somthing is rotten in the state of denmark!!
Old 04-09-10, 11:17 PM

if pokerstars is sooo great then why are so few pros there?At the bottom of the lobby is an icon showing pros online.Anyone seen joe cada play there??Why do the pros mostly play private rooms w one another?They have to play on tuesdays and you will find them at the 25 cent tables.Who is jovial gent?In a wpt event or wsop event there are thousands of pros so howcome theres not at least 100s on pokerstars at a time.Maybe 100 or so if the sunday millions tourney is on but other than that???Bottom line pokerstars is like a new partner whos a gold digger.They are so sweet when you deposit your money but try to ask insightfull questions and see how fast your playing privelages are removed.I know Because even after a profitt they removed my privlages!!!!
Old 07-11-10, 01:13 PM

Yes, Pokerstars is definitely rigged:

These are only recent hands as I lost my big old database... If you think Stars is rigged wait till you try Full Tilt, Ipoker,etc...
Attached Images

Last edited by HPG ADMIN; 01-26-11 at 10:10 AM.
Old 07-11-10, 04:13 PM
Administrator

what program is that from?

also you might want to shrink the pic before uploading it
Old 10-24-10, 10:34 PM

Let me first state that I'm a decent player, not a great player but a decent one. At most sites, if I am playing to my ability, it's normal for me to place fairly deep in most NLH tournaments and when it comes to sit and gos I usually win, or at the very least, make the final 3 at about half the tables I play.

Years ago I left Riverstars after an experience at a table which utterly convinced me that something is not kosher at this site...I watched the same two players dealt every winning hand for Literally hours, I kid you not, no other player who arrived at this table won a single hand...I kept playing because I was dumbstruck with sheer disbelief at how blatant the pattern was. I eventually asked the two players who were being favored if it didn't concern them that PS's RNG was obviously something much less than random but they contributed nothing to the conversation beyond gales of laughter...they didn't appear concerned that next time they might not be sitting in the golden seat. The pattern at this table was one I'd noticed for some time but which was finally far too obvious for me to again talk myself into believing I was possibly becoming paranoid.

Out of curiosity I returned to PS's a few days ago and have played the NAPL's Freeroll Shootout SNGs since (because I'll be damned before I deposit)...to make a long story short I have since been playing the very same SNG over and over watching the very same thing happen ad nauseum...this shootout is basically a 36 person tourney, that I can't win once, in fact I haven't even made final table in all but two instances, after 3 days of play is Beyond highly suspect. When I take into account the sheer volume of ridiculous beats that each table's 'golden child' inflicts I suppose I shouldn't be surprised...despite the fact that, in nearly every case I got my chips in with the best hand I was beaten by the worst, time and time again...and now after probably 50+ attempts I have come up for air after my latest pp was bested by said golden child's aces (as I exited I watched when, in the very next hand, the same player felted another, this time with quad aces).

Now, I'm not here bitching about bad beats, I do realize and accept that beats are an everyday fact of life when it comes to poker...what I can't seem to wrap my brain around is that so few people seem to notice that at every table one or two people are winning 80+% of the pots, it is always one or two people per table dealt either the monster hand, or that miracle river....and anyone who dares to mention the disparity, that which would seem to be glaringly obvious to even someone with half a functioning brain cell are deemed "rigtards"...call me a rigtard, but you will never convince me that it is a natural distribution when you see 20% of the players catching 80% of the winning cards at virtually every 10 person table you play.

I'm not claiming that Pokerstars is out to get anyone, in fact whatever is happening seems random...but something is at work within PS's RNG which evens the playing field and frankly, considering that 80% of online poker revenue is made from new players, from a multi billion dollar business standpoint, I can easily think of a very sound reason they might choose to do so. The most mystifying aspect of this situation to me is that more people haven't noticed and that complaints aren't pouring in en mass.
Old 10-24-10, 11:07 PM

Oh, one thing I meant to include but failed to mention...

...I've also been on the receiving end of PS's 'interesting' RNG...I've experienced times when I have been dealt monster after monster and delivered beat after beat so much so that the wins became so expected and routine that in some instances I was even calling the turn and river correctly to the room before they were dealt. I have been so very uncomfortable in this position that I have actually apologized to my opponents for a system which is clearly directing an outcome to my benefit.

It isn't all about the $ for me; I want to feel that I've earned my wins, not that they were handed to me because my number randomly rolled up.
Old 12-05-10, 07:42 PM

yes PS is rigged without a doubt. I know this because I frequent the local casino regularly to play $2/4 limit holdem and win quite often just playing good cards. I get the occasional bad beat. But on PS it is one bad beat after another. It almost seems that your raises and bets actually trigger the card to be thrown that beats you. I almost amazed at the obvious setups to get people betting. I think the dealer favors the loose players over the tight players for obvious reasons. I do well in the PS tourneyments but eventually always come across people that do not play logically for example.... In a tourney last night the blinds were $150/300 and I raised in middle position with Aces to $1500. An average chip stack goes allin on me. I call him and he is holding 46 unsuited and hits a straight on me. I looked him up on the internet and noticed he has won many tourneyments and placed high in that tourneyment. I also noticed other players that have put bad beats on me also have won many tourneyments. They play illogically such as calling and raising with longshot hands and chasing hands that are not giving them proper pot odds and hitting. I think the site is rigged in every aspect possible from collusion to reading hole cards and even knowing what cards are coming up in the deck. Google DES cracker. If you enjoy cards and have never played at a casino then try it if possible.
Old 12-08-10, 08:34 AM

your so correct i play loose and win all the time on ps but if i play tight i get sucked out on
Old 01-11-11, 10:39 AM

LoL...if u think pokerstars isnt rigged then u either work for them or are one of the donks winning by playing losing poker. Why do u think the new pros who started by playing online and winning lots of money play like maniacs?Its because there used to playing like maniacs and winning. Ive played on pokerstars for about 2 years now...never deposited and have actually withdrew money a couple times.But the very first timeI won freeroll money...was 16 cents...entered a 10 cent tourny...placed 2nd...won a little over $6.00...moved up to .25 cent games...in a week was up to $60.00...moved up to $1.10 games and couldnt win...3 outter after 3 outter...fold 15 hands in a row...get pocket aces...raise,3 callers,ace on flop,bet half the pot,get reraised all in...by a guy with an inside straight draw...he hits it of course because he played so brilliantly.LoL heres another crazy situation...guys been playing like an idiot and ive been folding just waiting for him to give me his chips...I have AQ hearts and smooth call his raise...flop comes 3 hearts...I check because this guy is betting every hand like an idiot...he bet I raise he goes all in with his 1 pair as I have double his chips...he then hits runner runner full house...VERY NEXT HAND...i get AJ spades...smooth call his raise...flop comes 3 spades...i check once again to maniac...he bets I raise he puts ME all in this time...once again he shows one pair...ONCE again he hits runner runner Full house to eliminate me and leave me staring at the computer in disbelief. This kind of crap continued happening until I was back down to around $2.00. I mean I couldnt win...if i had 95% hand on flop they would hit there out...and there the ones betting like idiots when I have dominating hand.Now if i win $25.00,I withdraw it immediately.I love poker,and pokerstars will let u win free money...but I would never play with my own money there as i have seen 3 outters hit constantly everytime I play.I will continue to play Pokerstars...as I love poker... and free is free...but I know Im playing against a stacked deck!
Old 01-11-11, 01:25 PM

wwwaaaaa i lost with pocket aces
Old 01-26-11, 09:56 AM

Hello, PokerStars has become aware of two players who were working together in our Sit & Go tournaments to the detriment of other players. You were involved in at least one tournament with these players and as a result you may have been adversely affected. The players' accounts were closed and their funds frozen pending a thorough investigation, which is now complete. In a case such as this it is our policy to confiscate the colluders' winnings or balances and to distribute them to the players affected by their actions in as fair a way as possible. To confirm your credit, log onto your PokerStars account, go to the 'Cashier' screen and click the 'History' button. Your share will be shown as a "ADMIN CREDIT", followed by the amount of the credit. I regret that we will be unable to answer questions as to how your specific credit amount was calculated. Likewise, we are not at liberty to identify the specific games or players in question. Suffice to say that they have been barred from the site and you will not encounter them again. The integrity of the games at PokerStars is of paramount importance to us and we will not abide cheating or collusion in our games. We work hard to police our games and prevent such instances. In the rare cases where collusion has actually occurred, we make sure that any players affected are compensated appropriately. Thank you for your continued play here on PokerStars. Please do not hesitate to let us know any time we can be of help. Regards, Jesper SPokerStars Support Team