Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 10-09-04, 06:00 PM
RivahQueen

POKER INFO - PROILE - Andy Glazer

Andy will be missed by those of us who only knew him thru his prose of poker. Andy had the ability to write about poker in a way that captivated even poker novices. The world of poker needs to find someone else who can write about poker for the masses. There are plenty of writer's who can write about it for the pros......but the masses will crave the excitment, the analogies and the stories of Andy. Those of us looking in on the poker world will miss him.
Old 11-16-04, 06:00 PM
big mama

I heard he died of aids
Old 12-13-04, 06:00 PM
Tryla

suicide
Old 12-25-04, 06:00 PM
blevy-smu

Andy was a boyhood friend of mine. I learned about his sdeath from suicide about a month ago. I've been haunted by this since then. It is difficult to reconcile the lively, inteliigent, quirky kid I knew with a man who would lose his connection to the world. I wish I had known to reach out to my old friend in his time of need. God rest his soul.
Old 01-11-05, 06:00 PM
shuffles

It is with great sadness that Inside Edge has to announce that columnist Andrew Glazer has died. He passed away on 5th July at his home in Hollywood due to complications caused by a blood clot. His death at 48 years old was totally unexpected and has shocked the poker world. A fantastic writer with a genuine love for the game, Andrew was the best-known poker journalist and well liked throughout the poker world. He was also an excellent player and won several tournaments. Above all he was a genuine, honest, warm and funny man. The poker world has an empty seat at its top table.
Old 02-22-05, 06:00 PM
IveyWannabe.

how are his books???
Old 02-27-05, 06:00 PM
Ken Brown

I knew Andy since 1977 in law school. I don't give two hoots about poker, but I knew the man, and he was one of the most loyal, solid friends you could ever have. The world has lost a good hearted soul and i miss him.
Old 03-29-05, 06:00 PM
Jim Bechtel

The claim about the blood clot was a hoax. Even the IMDB knows it was a suicide: [url]http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1334045/[/url]