Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 08-31-05, 06:00 PM
a-dumbass

absolutely my farvorit player. win or lose, he's always the best in my book and very intimidating.
Old 09-08-05, 06:00 PM
a poker player

too funny, u think gus gets to final tables by playing loose and wild. ive sat at tourney tables with the man he is tight and aggressive just like all good players. if u think he plays rags every time just because thats what u see on tv then i have some ocean front land in new orleans id like to sell you.
Old 09-09-05, 06:00 PM
van deezle

hansen greenstein negreanu ivey best poker pros out there right now
Old 09-21-05, 04:51 AM

Hansen is a top-class player and anyone who questions his credentials as a player is an idiot. 3 WPT titles me that the guy knows EXACTLY what he is doing.
Old 10-17-05, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

Talking

Gus is a very "Smart" player. The very fact you peeps that dish him tells me you know sht.

All those "Trash Cards" you peeps say are luck is plain stupid. He has done the numbers like all good players have done. The fact he knows what players like to play what cards is "Smart". Then you add that when he does play "Trash Cards" He has a high odds to catch them is "Smart"

Even the Dot Com peep copied his style and won is reason too see why. He learned what Gus was up too and used to his advantage!
Old 11-07-05, 01:07 AM

Where has he been lately? A year ago he was winning everything, now I haven't seen him for a while.
Old 11-07-05, 02:42 AM
Unregistered

Dude is Broke

Gus is broke my man. I took him for all his money. That is a fact. He should stop playing 9 2 off.
Old 11-14-05, 02:27 PM
Haldolium

Smile one and only..

Gus, You´re PRIDE OF DENMARK!!!!!!!

Making us proud at home
Old 12-19-05, 02:30 PM

Gus Hansen is loaded and dong very well. This is no lie. I played at Bellagio yesterday and Gus hansen was at the table right behind me along with Doyle Brunson, Chip reese, Sammy Farha, Phil Ivey, and Barry Greenstein. It was like the Poker Superstars Invitational all over again. Phil Laak and Ted Forrest were also there and Mel Judah but they didnt sit down and play. I personally stood over the table when Gus through out about 12 to 13 chips on top of his blind and I looked closer to make out the denomination. They were $1000 each, no joke. he had around $300,000 in front of him. Doyle was 2 to 3 seats down. I literally had to move for Doyle 2 times ad he left table to talk on cell. That is how close it was. I post this to put to rest all these sewing circle rumors that Gus is broke and owes Doyle millions. Another corroboration is the FSN one table event that aired around Thanksgiving in Monte Carlo, it was $125,000 buy in and Gus was alive and well there too. He is not broke, quite the opposite he was flourishing with that stack in front of him. Wow. I couldnt believe it. Not tournament money, real cash. $1000 chips each. Crazy but true. Anyone awake in the Bellagio poker room yesterday will corroborate this.
Old 12-20-05, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

at the bellagio

Edub,

I played there non-stop all weekend, maybe we went head to head
Gus was there all night on friday and all day saturday and sat night, grinding away in the big game with the players you mentioned. I can vouch for that, it was quite a sight having all those players there at once.
Old 12-23-05, 12:49 PM

Gus is my idol the guy plays almost everyhand he cant just sit back and wait for aces or somethin.i won a 200 person tourney by playing alot of weak hands.But dont get carried away.
Old 01-03-06, 05:17 AM
Unregistered

I need some poker advise!
email
[email]squeaky_sandles@hotmail.com[/email]

I play poker nightly, and managed to win alot of home games, and promotional games, I won, a trip for 2 to Las Vegas, beating 16 players. Wasn't easy, but I did win. I play with my poker buddies, 30 guys, and always place in top 5.
My question: How can I beat a player, who checks my monster hands, and folds when I bet? Even when I check them, he has killer instincts and doesn't bet. I rarely beat him, but he is a tough player, one home game, he placed 2nd, out of 40 guys, and took home a massive pot. Anyways. Any advice how I can beat this guy, last night me and him played heads up, for a couple hundred bucks for kicks, we both went up and down in chips, I am a pro at low stacks, I went from 2 chips left, to chip leader. But then took a wrong turn, and he ended up winning. I need help
Anyone, feel free to email me some advice
Old 07-25-06, 10:07 AM

Gus is a pokergod, although he has been a little anonymes in the last couple of years in the WPT... Gus please get to a final table asap, the danes miss seing you there
Old 08-01-06, 12:56 PM
Eric

I have played with Gus.....there is a method to his madness that alot of players don't realize. Pay more attention to his chips vs his opeentents that are LIKEY to call. Sure he may come across as a loose cannon....but that is what he wants.
Old 08-01-06, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
I need some poker advise!
email
[email]squeaky_sandles@hotmail.com[/email]

I play poker nightly, and managed to win alot of home games, and promotional games, I won, a trip for 2 to Las Vegas, beating 16 players. Wasn't easy, but I did win. I play with my poker buddies, 30 guys, and always place in top 5.
My question: How can I beat a player, who checks my monster hands, and folds when I bet? Even when I check them, he has killer instincts and doesn't bet. I rarely beat him, but he is a tough player, one home game, he placed 2nd, out of 40 guys, and took home a massive pot. Anyways. Any advice how I can beat this guy, last night me and him played heads up, for a couple hundred bucks for kicks, we both went up and down in chips, I am a pro at low stacks, I went from 2 chips left, to chip leader. But then took a wrong turn, and he ended up winning. I need help
Anyone, feel free to email me some advice
sounds like to me that he must have a read on you if he is doing that consistantly. check ur launguage, body and mouth, and see if his instincts are really that good.
Old 08-28-06, 02:40 PM

gus is one of the greatest players in the world.Althought his style seems wierd.
Old 08-29-06, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

Gus is just a good strategist. He tries his best to show down the winning hand (whether it be pocket aces or 7-2 hitting a full house) when necessary, and knows when to make a good bluff. Great player in my opinion, very creative and unpredictable.
Old 09-08-06, 08:25 AM

Any two cards can win according to Gus. I like his style. Solid player!
Old 09-14-06, 04:09 PM

bad dog bad dog

Once again my friend, if u did your research you'd know that gus has gone broke by playing in the biggest game in vegas, 4,000, 8,000 limit. I guess two cards dont always wins. O but ya, great style
Old 11-12-06, 08:06 PM

He just won 360k on one hand

Jimmy Hustles doesnt know shit about poker, Hansen took down a 700k from negranue with quads. Gus wins more than he loses. Great player. You donkeys need to learn that he plays ATC because he can outplay you after the flop no matter what it is, you donks dont have the skill to do that, so stick with your 1-2 limit games and beat the old ladies that play with their bus fare
Old 12-02-06, 01:01 AM

gus is an idiot, he has like 10 cashes in the past 20 years check his record. the man's lost millions in his career. he's probably the worst player to evre walk the face of the planet. helen keller could've taken negreanu's money on that hand with the quad 5s, it was a cooler.
Old 12-04-06, 06:21 PM

I'm not a fan of the way Hansen plays...since I'm the more conservative type. But the guy can play poker, I think Howard Lederer put it the best when he said on Poker Superstars III "There is a method to Gus' madness."

With the way Gus plays of course there are times when he gets lucky (though name a player that never won by sucking out an opponent and getting lucky).
Old 12-20-06, 08:37 AM

Hahahahaha!

Jimmy are you some kind of fag dude? You just love to talk shit to me don't you. Fact is just because you can't play a 38OS and break people doesn't mean Gus Hansen can't play poker. Anyone can play aces and kings, Gus plays poker.
Donkey Slayer knows exactly what he's talking about!

Jimmy stick to you .25/.50 limit games and you won't go broke. It's obvious you don't know shit about poker. I'd love to sit down at a table with and break you. It's obvious you're a DONKEY! Learn the game and then come back and try to talk shit.
Also try reading what I say dicknose. I NEVER said "any two cards ALWAYS win" like you stated. I said any two cards CAN win.

I'd tell you to go read a poker book to learn the game btu it's obvious you can't read. Now get off my Nutz Beeotch!
Old 01-08-07, 03:05 PM

Is Gus Playing in the Backgammon Million $ Tournament?

Does anyone know if Gus Hansen is signed up to play in the big Partygammon tournament coming up in a couple of weeks?
Old 06-16-07, 08:59 PM

Ive seen Gus play. Online and in person @ the Belagio. He has money to burn. I've seen him donk away 300K in one hour and he's probably done worse than that. He plays the worst hands pre-flop and that includes Omaha as well as Holdem. Even a well respected pro (who shall remain anonymous) said "Gus knows very little about 'Pot Odds' hence the reason he plays garbage hands." The funny thing is, now that he has this horrible reputation for playing crap for cards, Full Tilt Poker is advertising this as one of his "multiple personalities" to save his reputation... ...... What a Joke!!!!
Old 11-30-07, 02:07 PM

Drew get a clue, you DONK! I'm pretty sure many a pro has lost 300K in one hand, let alone 1 hour 300K to them is like $30 to you. You haven't lost $30 in one hand? In one hour? Maybe $30 is too high of a limit for you and your weak game.
I find it amazing how you mention this one instance where he had a losing session. Now why didn't you mention all the times he won, at least $300K in an hour moron.
Your post is the real "joke"