Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 06-30-04, 06:00 PM
get your money took

your days of being the best are limited.......beezee is about to make his pro debut
Old 07-03-04, 06:00 PM
The Nature Boy

Check out Phil's graceful back flop on the World Poker Tour after Toto took all of Phil's chips with a winning draw on the River. Gimme Helmuth, Scottie Nguyen, Dutch Boyd, Sam Grizzle, Amir Vahidi, Sam Farha and The Nature Boy at the feature table and we'll make you forget the final "Friends" episode... Now that's entertinment!!!!!
Old 07-04-04, 06:00 PM
phil annoys me

phil annoys me, but is funny when he makes fun of sam grizzle
Old 07-06-04, 06:00 PM
Blackfire

I was wondering if anyone could answer a question of mine... when you win a poker tournament, is any of your winnings taken as a result of taxes? thanks!
Unregistered

Phil ur a good player but it pained me to see u get pwned by Toto in the U.S championship
kenko

met phil at the bellagio last year,he was really nice and chatted and signed autographs,terrible breath though.
Old 07-07-04, 06:00 PM
herman007

People, Phil had Tito totally picked off and suffered a horrible beat. I'd have fallen down too. Watching that sucked.
Old 07-10-04, 06:00 PM
mako

Look all you fine folks. Phil is one of the best poker players of our time. But this year he is working on other things. why work on other thing if poker is so profitable? Just a tought mako.
Old 07-12-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

9 braclets, enough said.
Old 07-13-04, 06:00 PM
channy john

Phil's great, but he doesn't like it when people beat him on hands that he feels should have been folded or what he feels are bad calls on the part of the other players...what he doesn't realize is that people know his game and that is why he gets schooled fairly often
Joey "Stacks"

Don't know you personaly...heard of you...seen you play on t.v...you got mad responses here...good and bad. I hope one day I can make you go broke again...
ScottPat3

Man you are pathetic. I played you at a small tourney in atlantic city and i took you out with a 3 4 suted. you had a king 10 off suit and the flop was K,4,4, HAHA. you realy dont know me.. Im number one. everybody knows that!sory budy but i finished 1st winning 12 grand!!! Bought a picture of you with some of that money and gotta homeless person to piss on it.
Old 07-15-04, 06:00 PM
packrat

Just finished my first look all the previous postings. WOW I have never seen such poor spelling and grammar in one place. The fact that Phil can play poker for a living, and has for almost two decades, says volumes about his abilities. I bet he can even spell and probably has a mastery of the English language, whinning included.

Last edited by HPG ADMIN; 03-24-13 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-17-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

i hate phil helmuth and he is the biggest whiner in all the poker land. if he would shut up and play for a second maybe he would do better. my favorite helmuth line is, "Why did you call with a Queen-Jack offsuit?" after he has been knocked out of yet another tournament.
Old 07-19-04, 06:00 PM
me too

Yes, Hellmuth is quite a whiney loser, and I love seeing whiney losers lose. It was quite amusing watching him get completely decimated by Hoyt Corkins on the WPT recently. I can't wait to see him lose again.
Old 07-20-04, 06:00 PM
HackerJack

A big girl, whiny assed loser, poor winner, eve worse loser and with all that quite possibly the best ever tournament poker player in history. Don't you guys get that he chooses to be a bad loser because it helps him win ? All you idiots who are challenging himand saying you will clean him out would just be tilting fish in a barrell to this guy, just like many others have been in past tourneys.I can't say I like the way Phil plays but hey it's his style and it works, it just doesn't do it for me but I can still respect his play.
Old 07-20-04, 06:00 PM
shifty capone

At least HackerJack understands a little about the game of poker. It is a game of perception. Phil Hellmuth has created for himself the perfect image. Almost every single person that has commented in this post would be at such an incredible disadvantage to him because you hate him so much. Anybody that has the acknowledgments in poker that Phil does has an incredible grasp on himdelf and the game of poker. He makes very few mistakes, and when he does, it is because he made an incorrect read on a person, not because he is an idiot. Read some more books, play some more poker, and create your own winning style of play. Complaining about someone who is whining is never going to make you a better poker player. Maybe you could even learn something from watching him.
Old 07-22-04, 06:00 PM
pokerpimp

yeah shifty, phil was in the taj playin 200-400 and he won every hand just cuz he got every1 scared and on tilt. this guy will cut u up so fast u won't even know it
Old 07-25-04, 06:00 PM
Jim

Hellmuth is a plonker. Looking forward to him getting a smack in the mouth for his attitude. Long live the devilfish
RivahRat

Phil is a whiner, but that is part of his personna. Someone should give himj a pacifer at the tourneys! Phil is a good player but he does not read people as well as he thinks and he needs to work on his sportsmanship, especially since he wants poker to get the attention and be in the same class as golf. As I recall, he had a really hard time reading Hoyt Corkins at Fozwoods 2003, whom he said gave him nightmares for months after Foxwoods 2003. I was diasppointed to see Phil ignore Hoyt's outstretched hand to shake when Phil went out. To me a great poker player includes one who is a good sport and congenial loser. You were outplayed, and outsmarted, and outlasted Phil and you should have been man enough to shake the hand of the man who took you down.
Dan

Yes, I hated Phil at first-- the same way I hated John McEnroe-- But I love his "YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS" face when he gets slow-played and busted on the river-- what a tool-- just what poker needs-- Good luck, buddy.
Old 07-26-04, 06:00 PM
mademybonz

I think everyone who has something negative to say bout Phil should look down to see how many WSOP braclets they are wearing.
Old 07-29-04, 06:00 PM
rhk

phil has shown that he has the skill by winning nine wsop bracelets along with the main event in 89. he just needs to work on his attitude. he forgets that part of poker is luck and sometimes the cards are against you...every poker player has to deal with that
Old 07-29-04, 06:00 PM
anasmith

i couldn't agree with you more, rhk.
Old 08-02-04, 06:00 PM
blackrook

It would be nice if you updated your website, followed through on your newsletter and made good on promises to promote the game...
james

look, he might be good! but hes a frigging cry baby! honestly~! losing gracefully is a fantastic quality, mayb some1 should give him some lessons! what a whinging little boy!!!
p..

Phil Hellmuth is the greatest Texas Hold 'em player of all time, hands down. He would put Stu Ungar to shame.
Old 08-03-04, 06:00 PM
Ryan

He cries too much.
Old 08-04-04, 06:00 PM
brill

I'd be quite pissed if I got outdrawn by someone holding Ac4c and I had Queens and the suited clubs caught a club on the flop and runner runner clubs and especially against a tool like Gavin Griffin calling with Ks5s? Like Phil said, he couldn't play any more perfect than he did that day at the PL hold'em.
Old 08-07-04, 06:00 PM
Poker Observer

Great play by Phil in Sunday's Pokerstars.com $2 Million + No-Limit Holdem tournament. Near the end of his run, everytime he would raise, he'd get reraised, then would fold. He complained about others going over the top on him. Then finally, he got a 6 6 and went all in, but someone called him with a 10 10, and Phil was eliminated. Great play, Phil. hehehe