Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 05-01-04, 06:00 PM
Bann Haruch

What's so overrated about Tiger Woods? Okay, he didn't have much of a season - big mistaketrying to self-coach but name another player who has accomplished as much in so short a time. And, since Tiger turned pro, golf players make nearly twice as much. He's done for golf pros what Ali did for boxers.
Old 05-02-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

ok is this isn't a golf website...why are you posting comments about tiger woods? ...well anyways phil Ivey is a great player and I like watching him play
Old 05-08-04, 06:00 PM
gay_asian_boy

Who cares about poker! Phil is a cutie! Mmmmmmm!
Old 05-09-04, 06:00 PM
>Stonecall

Sounds like "Stoney" is just a little jealous of both Phil and Tiger. There is no other justification for comments like that about either player. Think your a better player than both Phil Ivey and Tiger just shut your mouth and pick up some clubs or cards. Either way your ASS IS WHOOPED!
Old 05-10-04, 06:00 PM
SP.

A great young talent, will be around for a long time... seems he always gets to the final table, just a matter of time till he starts closing them out.
Old 05-16-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

I'm 15 And I Just Started Playing Poker 10 Days Ago And Hold Em Is My Second Love After Basketball Because Of Ivey
Old 05-17-04, 06:00 PM
The Peach

Phil is like Fine Wine, he just keeps getting better over time. Phil you will always be number one in my book...
Old 05-22-04, 06:00 PM
Maverick

I still can't believe everyone hasn't figured out this guy's achilles heal. Come on everyone....snap out of it.
Old 05-25-04, 06:00 PM
EteRnaL iMagE

I played craps next to Phil @ the Taj in AC and he is one of the coolest people you could ever meet.
Old 05-28-04, 06:00 PM
flush.com

props to you.....It's a tough way to make a living.
Old 05-28-04, 06:00 PM
chancepatrick_1

Phil is a great player and just getting started. If Moneymaker didnt get the full house he probably would have won it all. But Phil if you need a hobby e-mail me and teach me a better approach at play holdem or 7 stud.
Old 05-30-04, 06:00 PM
RATMfan72

Ivey is definetly one of the best poker players for his age. Only 27 and he is still one of the most feared players. Phil has great potential and will likely win the WSOP sometime in his great career. GL, your one of the best
Old 05-30-04, 06:00 PM
PokerSlut

Who chokes on a chicken bone? way to mess that one up, hahahahahaha
Old 06-01-04, 06:00 PM
Ivey is OVERRATED!

This dude had a horseshoe up his ass for a year that's all. It just so happened to be the year that poker exploded on TV. What has he done in the past year and a half? Nothing! He's not a player. Gimme a break.
Old 06-01-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

I agree with IVEY IS OVERRATED. Moenymaker had A-Q and the flop was Q-Q-x. Ivey called a big flop bet with pocket 99s and spiked a 9 on the turn! MM bet again and Ivey moved in. MM called and hit an A on the river. What was MM supposed to do lay down A-Q on that board? Ivey got lucky and hit a two outer after making a horrible call. He deserved to lose and he is not very good.
Old 06-05-04, 06:00 PM
Zoris

WHat a phuckin' thug coming to the WSOP wearing a NBA jersey. This guy has a s h it ton of cash and he comes in looking like trash. I luv how he cried when he flopped a set of 7's and got burned buy a set of Kings on the river. DUde was about to cry -
Old 06-06-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

You all are a bunch of losers. You all friggin kiss his @ss. He is a great player, but he's not a fuc king God. Johnny Chan is better than he is. Everyone STFU and if u don't no what that means.
Old 06-09-04, 06:00 PM
STU UNGAR IS BEST

He made a horrible call on Q-Q-x? Sounds like you place people on the nuts every hand and play too scared to win unlike Phil Ivey . He had two pair, most GOOD players would make that call. That being said, he's definitly not the best but he's a great player.
Old 06-12-04, 06:00 PM
yoyo

moneymakers flop bet on QQX was small, ivey got the turn card for cheap
Old 06-12-04, 06:00 PM
Mrs. Phyllis Ivey

Asked him to play heads up $2000 - $4000 twice. He refused both times. My poker bankroll is about $ 7M, and he was scared of that. It is all about perpsective and that goes for any player and their respective bankrools. I can end any "professional" based on cash. Bankroll plays just as large of a part as luck does, in any poker game.
Old 06-13-04, 06:00 PM
Derek

Phil Ivey is for sure one of the best poker players. Poker will only get better for Ivey in the years to come. He will most likely make the final table or win the WSOP soon...good luck Phil
Old 06-14-04, 06:00 PM
habbib from mobil

its all cool to say these kind or dumb things about this man on the net.no one will ever achieve what this guy has done and if by some moneymaker long shot you do, i hope they make a site about you and you get dissed. the best players play one hand at a time at any given tourney or cash game. the player with the most succes is the one who keeps his emotions in check.
Old 06-14-04, 06:00 PM
Tha Kidd

whoever said he made a bad call on the flop with pocket nines with a board of Q-Q-x is a fu--in moron..the pot had about 200,000 in it after the flop and moneymaker only bets 70,000..so ivey is risking 70k to get back 270k when he can potentially have the best hand and still draw to the the boat..moneymaker made the bad play by letting him in cheaply..then he got lucky..you sir are a moron who knows nothing about poker and odds..go read a book
Old 06-15-04, 06:00 PM
IVEY 2004 nowhere?

What happened this year to this so called great player haven'e seen much
Old 06-20-04, 06:00 PM
Boris

The "TIGER WOODS" of Poker?? Fuckong kiddine me? Hey IVey - go call Jason Kidd. Both of you Oreo's can cry me a river you sorry ass thug.
Unregistered

Look Ivey called a cheap turn card but knew Moneymaker had a Queen. Bad play with only 2 outs to win that hand. This guy plays lower pairs too much.Watch what happened to him at the 2004 WSOP on ESPN next month - I was at his table.
Unregistered

Actually - he lost that hand - That'll teach him.
Old 06-22-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Yeah-I was at his table too, sucks to be Phil in the 2004 WSOP goin out like that. Sorry Phil
Old 06-25-04, 06:00 PM
Brendon Ivey

every year at the chritmas poker table with the family, who do u think wins? Thats right my cousin phil so all u can shut it
Old 06-28-04, 06:00 PM
sportsbettor

what a cocky azz; he is good, but he will fall if his attitude doesn't change