Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 10-26-06, 11:37 PM

I have a feelking that almsot no matter what he deos, Moneymaker is stuck wiht the fluke label.
Old 10-31-06, 09:50 AM

Thts poker u can hav a dude enter a tourny wit some experience playing with poker pros get lucky n win it! but i tink vgd players dont rely on luck to win jus hope lady luck is on there side on the day.
Old 11-05-06, 03:03 PM

You know....having finally gotten tor eally watch the tournament..I think Moneymaker is getting somewhat of a bad rap. Two reasons why. Firs,t is his infamous bluff of Farha heads up. Every trashes it, but if you actually watch the events preceeding the final table, and the final table itself....you'll see Chris test Sammy about a half dozne tiems on bluffs. He didn't even really try ot bluff anyone else...jsut seemed to focus in on Sammy Farha for it. Can you say testing?

The second is the hand against Phil ivey. Wow. has everyone re-written history on that one. Let me review here, folks.

Moneymaker holds A-Q, Ivey comes in wiht pocket 9's. Fop comes donw as Q-6-Q. Moneymaker bets, ivey calls.

And elts stop right here and remind people what REALLY happened. As of this point in the hand...Ivey is damn near dead to rights. Phil ivey had exactly 2 outs. the two tremaining 9's in the deck. The 9 on the river that gives him the full house is a far bigger miracle, to me. Two outs..and he htis one of them. C'mon...did we forget about this, or jsut choose to ignore, so as to dog Chris Moneymaker?

Anyway...lets resume. Miracle 9 on the turn for Ivey, he goes all in. Moneymaker calls wiht a set of queens. And so the board read q-6-q-9. That leaves Moneymaker with 7 outs. The remainin queen, 3 aces, 3 sixes. he hits and ace and everyone calls hima lucky bastar,d yada yada yada.

And casually ignores Ivey's far largermiracle on the turn that even put him in the hand in the first place.
Old 11-24-06, 08:06 PM

????? is a total moron

who is this moron who uses ?????? as his name, some donkey whos never played a main event or won ANYTHING in his life. Moneymaker is a suckout king has never cashed since he won the main, a total donkey
Old 03-11-07, 09:20 AM

Chris Moneymaker is a WSOP main event champion. He also placed 2nd in a World Poker Tour event. He cashed in a WSOP 2004 event. He is a very competent player who keeps improving. What he did for poker by winning in 2003 is almost incalculable. He has won millions and continues to earn a fortune in endorsements....a book, commercials, etc. He is by any measure a great success.

That said I must refer you to the posting here entitled "Moneymaker is Cool" September 1, 2005 about Sam Grizzle busking outside the Taj to get into a 1/2 game inside. It is one of the funniest poker postings I have ever read. Enjoy.

Last edited by HPG ADMIN; 03-24-13 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-12-08, 04:12 PM

if he keeps improving, how come he hasnt cashed in anything since the main event fluke?? he sucks
Old 10-06-09, 02:47 AM

By the time (feb 12, 2008) the previous post was entered, Moneymaker had cashed another $345,755. and now he has cashed $642,427 since winning the main event...DONKEY SH*% should read the posts, and understand that $642,427 considered "cashing" by most standards.