Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 09-13-04, 06:00 PM
Sammy/the brick/trompos

hey this is for FSU. he's not trying to stare them down retard he's looking for tells, looking at their pulse things like that and he himself is one of the best in the world? so what the shit are you saying?
Old 09-13-04, 06:00 PM
the calculator

I LOVED it when Men the Master told Howard to push all his chips in against him.... so he replied "You want me to push em in?.. ok.. I'll push em in for ya" which he did and Men folded. The look on Mens face. Priceless! Poker at its best.
Old 09-20-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

He got punked??? You feeling ok FSU?
Old 10-06-04, 06:00 PM
groovy

Hey Howwy! Does it make your skin crawl every time you see you sister on tv making an ass of herself as usual. You should have left her at home doing the washing up.
Old 10-10-04, 06:00 PM
craig

let me see him win something
Old 10-18-04, 06:00 PM
Mic Anderson

Howard Lederer is the best poker I've ever seen and that he can kill anyone in any tournament.He's my idle.
Old 10-20-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

he can kill anyone in a tournament???? HUH??? Didn't, Varkhoni win in 2002?, Didn't moneymaker win in 2003?, Didn't raymer win in 2004?, etc etc.
Old 10-20-04, 06:00 PM
lil Doyle

truly a class act and the most well ronded and intellectual player in the game
Old 10-27-04, 06:00 PM
Shkerdhati

you should think twice before you shake hands with this guy, you might lose a finger.
Old 11-04-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

great player
Old 11-16-04, 06:00 PM
poker buff

I like it when men the master asked him to "pushm in", howard goes, "you want me to pushm in" "okay ill pushm in" and men shows howards his pocket aces ......PRICELESS
slvsc2

I like Howard. He's a class act at the table. But, I almost think he is a better TV analyst then player. Much of what he advises for players he is commenting on, he doesn't follow when he plays.
snowwolf

when was the last time he made a finale table? if you can't remember, there is a reason. He has only made 5 finale tables in 22 years. Where is his wsop braclets at? oops he doesn't have any for Texas Holem. He is a washed up has been. Please don't make us watch him on tv. Let us see the real players play poker.
Old 11-22-04, 06:00 PM
hey dude

hey dude he taught annie duke how to play
Old 11-28-04, 06:00 PM
djnpa_30

howrds a great player,that being said he does bust out early of all the tourneys..hasnt made a final table apearance , and didnt make the final two in the tournament of champions..hs a great player that has gotten more credit than he deserves by being on tv 24/7..
Old 11-29-04, 06:00 PM
Brenda

Actually he has made quite a few final tables. Maybe you meant for the world series of poker, which he hasn't made one recently, but back in the 80's or something, he did make a world series final table. Get your facts straight.
Old 11-29-04, 06:00 PM
djnpa_30

like i meant to say a final table at a wsop event in over a decade..he gets tv airplay without doing much in tourney play..im not saying he isnt a good player, he obviously is,but ppl calling him the great and the best ,,its not justified..so far hes best known for his beat beat to doyle on o4s wsop...other than thats hes known as annie dukes brother...how terrible is that...i think hes a good player, but not a great one...
Old 12-11-04, 06:00 PM
mje

Probably the unluckiest poker player I've seen...perhaps ever. He is a GREAT player who is very intelligent. Yes he has won some big tourneys and I'm sure he ain't hurting for money but Howard should have a lot more titles under his belt than he does. Makes you sick to see some of his bad beats.....Lil Sis Annie Duke makes a set of 6's beating Howard and his pocket 7's at the WSOP Tournament of Champions this year! Doyle making a flush on the river beating Howie's set of 7's! HORRIBLE BEATS! This guy is not very lucky and unfortunately that happens to some really good players. He has won his fair share but history won't show him as one of the all time greats and luck has a lot to do with that.
Old 12-21-04, 06:00 PM
the carpenters

Howard and his sister Annie remind me of Richard and Karen Carpenter.I dont know why though!?
Old 01-08-05, 06:00 PM
Laurie /Shamesu /laurie301

I want to know how to reach his sister. Maybe she'll give me a few pointers.
Old 01-29-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

i love watching this guy play. you can tell he really thinks about the game. watching him play has made me a better player because i too think about the game away from the table, especially when i get outdrawn. i particularly like his theories on "staying in the moment", a form of buddhism that allows you to control your emotions and focus in important situations. Truly the most knowledgeable and insightful player in the game today.
Old 01-30-05, 06:00 PM
iveyfan05

howard's a great player..however, i feel he sometimes thinks too much at the table...what i mean is he overthinks his moves sometimes...hes a math guy,,some play by feel like daniel... something tells me that if he loostened up 5 % he would be unstoppable with his tight table image
Old 02-03-05, 06:00 PM
lance/jparnell

THE PROFFESSER!!!he got this nickname for a reason people, there may be plenty of players who may be better in some aspects of poker..... but none play as intelligently and analytically
Old 02-04-05, 06:00 PM
yeah u 2

I thought his nickname was the teacher, being he´s such an intellectual and stuff. Why not call him the Oppenheimer of Ace´s.
Old 02-07-05, 06:00 PM
iveyfan05

i know hes a brilliant guy, all i was saying is that maybe if he loostened up a little his table image would allow him to take down more pots without having the cards...i think he overthinks at times...that being said he is a really good player. i love reading articles written by him because he knows the game so well
Old 02-12-05, 06:00 PM
Nuts2callU

I hope Howard reads your criticism and takes your advice to heart iveyfan. You are one of the most unpredictable opponents at the table and people like Lederer model their game after you. Basically what I"m trying to say is, you're a blip on the radar that is "the poker world". Every one of your posts I see are somehow criticizing established pros when you're probably a friggin Party Poker amateur who brings your entire play money bankroll to the ring games. Everybody...Iveyfan is a true legend in the Party POker play money world. He says his greatest strength is that he DOESN'T go all in every hand. And oh yea, he thinks any card with an ace attached to it is unbeatable. I know that this response was rude and confrontational, but you guys were thinking it anyways. aha!
Old 02-13-05, 06:00 PM
flush80

guy is a loser, i saw that little cut scene on the legends of poker tournament, he likes to concentrate on the game, he doesnt like talking,.Fucker has no personality, id love to invite this prick to one of our home games, what a fucking great barrel of laughs he would be.
Old 02-15-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

No personality? Well no shit, he's a poker player you retard!
Old 02-17-05, 06:00 PM
kgb1986

Flush80 thats probalbly the only place you get your poker info from is tv poker. He is the Professor he's not marcel luske! hes analytical. he makes good bank. he's solid. sorry if he's not Greg Raymer or Josh Arieh (who your probably a fan of flush80 you fucking moron) but he is good. you cant deny it.
Old 02-17-05, 06:00 PM
iveyfan05

since when is greg raymer considered mr.personality? id rather have a conversation with a doorknob than greg..oh wait,,,same diffrence