Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 09-18-04, 06:00 PM
pocket7s

POKER INFO - PROILE - Norman Chad

needs to stop making jokes about things that arent funny but hey at least he tries
Old 09-19-04, 06:00 PM
Smeg

I'm puttinh a hit on this man if he makes one more reference to the Ace of spades!!!
kevin muller

Norman Chad is the MAN! He is the # 1 commentator in the history of sports, not only poker. His jokes are legendary and he reminds me of my late father, Glen Muller.
smash

hes the man, well behind phil hellmuth
Old 09-20-04, 06:00 PM
Tryla

needs to get over his divorce
Garret Russert

I love my brother Nolan so much, but I really love you Norman Chad I always have wet dreams of me and my brother together, but Norman I love your sense of humor it turns me on, oh yeah so does my brother
John.

norman chad is the man
Old 09-25-04, 06:00 PM
Steve L

this guy is hilarious.
Old 09-25-04, 06:00 PM
Peter Giordano

I never thought I'd ever say this in my life, but there is a poker commentator who is worse than Vince Van Patten-Norman Chad.
Old 09-27-04, 06:00 PM
pocket7s

better than any other comentator, but that not saying much
Old 09-28-04, 06:00 PM
Gigohead.

Norman seems to take puck shots at good looking young players. Norman, your "hunky" days are long gone (if there were any), let the young studs have their chance!!
Old 09-29-04, 06:00 PM
grays

are you guys kidding norman chad is the man his jokes are so bad they are hilirious get some class lads
Old 10-02-04, 06:00 PM
xeef

Norman Chad is the reason to watch poker. Period. You would rather see Phil Gordon? come on.
Old 10-05-04, 06:00 PM
i hate norman chad

i hate norman chad. i specifically seek out message boards where his name may be publicly slandered. i have to watch world series poker on mute because if i don't i end up holding fistfuls of my own hair from the frustration of the inability to cause him bodily harm.
Old 10-08-04, 06:00 PM
jcgiant

Why can't they just have Mike Sexton and Vince Van Patten? Soooooooooo much better...Norman Chad is Terrible
Old 10-08-04, 06:00 PM
Poker Observer

Unfortunately, poker commentators like Norman Chad are going to remain terrible color commentators. Afterall, if they gave you more complete insight into each hand of the game, they would end up losing more money on the poker tables. For instance, you will hardly ever hear these guys comment about poker tells. Here's an example that Mike Sexton and Vince Van Patten didn't say anything about. In one World Poker Tour event in San Jose, Phil Gordon was faced with a decision to call an amateur opponent with the short stack who went all-in on a hand. He stared at her through binoculars at the table and got a reaction from her. Now think about it. Why would someone bring binoculars to a poker table? To get a reaction from an amateur, thus getting a read from that person. Gordon got a reaction from the amateur, thus got a read from her that led Gordon to lay down his hand and save some money. But you'll never hear people like Sexton, Van Patten or Chad bring these things up, otherwise they would lose more money at the tables by giving away this information.
Old 10-12-04, 06:00 PM
PokerPlug.

Norman Chad is the man!!He has some great one liners.
Old 10-14-04, 06:00 PM
cesarioj

The Mad Cherub is a witty little runt...hey he sometimes acts like Rudy Ruettiger, but we all have had our Napolean complex issues...Norm is best on Reel Classics on ESPN Classic on Sunday Nights--Burt Reynolds could bore the balls off a pool table/
Old 10-19-04, 06:00 PM
Guano

Norman Chad is the funniest guy on TV. He is a priceless asset to the World Series of Poker. The World Poker Tour should try to hire him away from the World Series of Poker. He would liven up the WSP's otherwise moribund coverage.
Old 10-22-04, 06:00 PM
jaws

Norman needs to have a few more break ups, his jokes are getting stale. And to Guano mike sexton is boring.
Old 10-23-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Applaud him for making attempts at humor and having the balls to dis someone, but he regularly misfigures a player's outs after the flop, and also seems to be somewhat of a bitter, blowhard, know-it-all who has never won any major money at the game.
Old 10-26-04, 06:00 PM
JohnKinsela

Norman Chad is 100% hilarious. He is well aware his jokes are cheese, and he uses them perfectly. His partner Lon is also the perfect sidekick. Other commentators are boring in comparison. I don't need a howard lederer equivelant calling the hands cause that would be boring, and if you do need help catching people's tells and other nuances then learn the game...Helmuth is king
Old 10-31-04, 06:00 PM
Whitey

Norman chad says the dumbest shit Ive ever heard. I dont get his jokes. I think they need to get someone on there that is more personable. He has no clue....Put Phil Ivey on there he would make people laugh
Old 10-31-04, 06:00 PM
Jon

Norman Chad is an excellent announcer. His humor is definitely helping poker grow in popularity and whoever thinks his jokes are stupid are too serious and dont seem to have fun dealing with poker.
Old 11-16-04, 06:00 PM
slvsc2

Norm is the best. Period. His ex-wife jokes do not get old and he has a great sense for the game.
Old 11-25-04, 06:00 PM
djnpa_30

mike sexton is actually a pro so he brings actual insight into the game , which i like..norm is funny at times, like when he made fun of josh areihs shirt lol priceless, but at times hes a bore..i like them both in diffrent ways,,,sexton is by far the most informative
Old 11-30-04, 06:00 PM
Kwierdo1

Norman Chad is the best! He takes something boring to watch (fun to play) like poker, and makes it commical. He reminds me of Chris Berman also from Espn. His jokes are hysterical and his chemistry with Lon is excellent. His joke about Doyle Brunson treating Scott Fishman like his "personal boy friday" is probably the funniest thing ive ever heard on tv.Norm you rock!!!
Old 11-30-04, 06:00 PM
night wrider

Norman Chad & Lon Mcheren are the BEST commentators on any media, of any subject. It's really a fantastic comedy team. They are the only reason to watch the WSOP series. Whenever one of the egomaniac poker players makes another one of their endless conceited statements, Norman Chad always has the perfect comment ready to sucker punch them in the gut and pop the air out of their baloon. Norman Chad is the MAN!
Old 12-01-04, 06:00 PM
Enkhbat

I like the part when he asked Doyle Bruson "Does Phil Hellmuth play too slow for you?" and then he laughs in the end. lol. Norman is a great commentator
Old 12-01-04, 06:00 PM
Enkhbat

I don't know why ace of spade is so pretty lol but certainly it looks different from other cards.