Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 05-12-04, 06:00 PM
tilt

I hope he goes heads up with Hon Le this year...that'll be wicked cool!
Old 05-15-04, 06:00 PM
girl from cali

FYI dutch boyd your very hot!!!
Old 05-16-04, 06:00 PM
Danielle // djpiacente

Dutch Boyd is an amazing poker player and nobody posting to this list can deny it. He has charisma, style, intelligence, and quite honestly I can see how people are intimidated by him. It's pathetic how all these amateurs are STILL criticizing him for starting a business, which is something most people will never even have the ambition or courage to do. Dutch, keep dazzling them like you always do, and good luck at WSOP 2004 (Hopefully I'll be able to see some of it in person!) And F.Y.I., gentlemen, a little confidence-- or even arrogance-- used in moderation, can be devastatingly sexy.
Old 05-17-04, 06:00 PM
shauna

gorgeous guy
Mr. Smurf Pimp

Dang! I always knew Hon Le was a little bit gay. But duking it out with a hot chick over Dutch Boyd? That is super gay. Dutch you rock man, nice chip tricks.
Dutch Boyd is a con man

Dutch Boyd isn't in federal prison because he committed his crimes outside the jurisdiction of the United States. I'm one of Boyd's victims. Among other things:1) When Pokerspot was going under, rather than tighten back the budget, he increased the number of promotions (mainly free rolls) in order to desperately attract users back to his site. In other words, he used his customers' money to try to attract new customers. 2) He bounced checks and also lied repeatedly about checks being in the mail. I was owed a few checks from Boyd and he told me several times "oh, your checks were mailed weeks ago, you should have gotten them by now!" 3) He was offered a buyout option for his company and software that would have given him enough money to pay back his customers and keep a bit for himself, but it would have involved signing a non-competition agreement which would have forced him out of the online poker business. He turned this offer down claiming "you won't get me out of the industry that easily." 4) What I find most galling, when Boyd made the final table of the WSOP last year, someone asked him if he'd use his winnings to pay back the Pokerspot players, and he said he would only be able to do so if he won first place. Because you know, $1.2 million or whatever 2nd place was wouldn't be enough to pay back the $400,000 he owes his customers.
Old 05-18-04, 06:00 PM
Tilt

First of all, get your facts straight! Dutch didn't make the final table last year...he took 12th and made $65k. Second, I'm sick of all the whining and bitching from you dumb shits who fell into the alleged scam. It's online gaming for heavens sake! You're taking a risk every time you enter your CC # into the Internet. Stop crying and get over it!
Old 05-18-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

wow you guys are assholes, and like you said this IS a poker website so..since im posting a comment about poker I wanna say that dutch is hillarious and a great player
Old 05-20-04, 06:00 PM
DUX

He is hilarious. His chip tricks are mind boggling. Everyone else, please don't be childish on this forum. It's for stuck-up grown-ups like me.
Old 05-20-04, 06:00 PM
JohnnyHughes.com

At the World Series, Dutch was in a three handed match at Razz with T.J. Cloutier and Howard Lederer for the bracelet.The pals in Dutch's cheering section included Scott who won two events and Brett who won one. Dutch placed second and has cashed in several events.After teaching in College twenty years, I came to believe this current digital generation are incredibly bright and these guys prove it.Youth is the future of tournament poker. The larger fields make endurance a big factor.For a couple of years, I have been honored to call Dutch my friend. Down through history, many famous successful people had an early failure. Forgive Dutch and forget what he did. Look at what he and his pals are doing. The ESPN crews love Dutch because he is very colorful compared to many players. He is good for poker. Dutch Boyd will be around a long time. And he will be getting better all along.Johnny Hughes, Ph.D.
Old 05-24-04, 06:00 PM
Metzy

Dutch, don't let these halfwits into your head. Most are just jealous of a smart young kid who took a chance at life while they sit in their pathetic lives and dream of what might have been.
Old 05-24-04, 06:00 PM
j..

dutch boyd is the man his stare into chris moneymaker's eyes in the 2003 series was legendary im trying to find out how u r doing in the series this year good luck
Old 05-25-04, 06:00 PM
Jason Bullock/JJDude/locoj_1998

Hey Dutch! Sorry bout this years WSOP. Congrats to your brother. He's gonna be big too. If you find a link to the interview ESPN did, please email it to me. When you comin to the Dirty South again? I'm takin a break from poker for a month or two. I came in 6th last night out of a field of 77. Your style works great for me. Anyways, to all the haters out there: Give it a rest already. Let the man redeem himself then say what you will. Peace
Old 05-26-04, 06:00 PM
Jimmydean

HON le was quoted as saying Dutch is one of the best up-and-comers in the world of poker. And as we all know...what Hon Le says is truth baby! "I Hon Le, Dutch, very good player, he like me, kamakazee!!"
Old 05-26-04, 06:00 PM
Andy

I think Dutch Boyd is one of the most talented poker players I have ever seen, and he appears to be very skilled at reading the opponent. I was hoping Dutch could put up some pointers on tells
Old 05-28-04, 06:00 PM
chancepatrick_1

I don't think Dutch is the best but what do I know I am a 15 year old kid, but I do like to see a younger player put on a good show. And I was dissapointed to see him not have a good showing at this years wsop. And Baby Girl email me, we should talk.
Old 05-29-04, 06:00 PM
Kelly

i think dutch is a really good player and hes got great potential
Old 05-30-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Dutch... you are a peasant... stop doing chip tricks and start pulling some babies.... When will you become a real champion and stop getting staked like a donkey. Pocket Aces all the way
Greg Raymer

Dutch, all i can saw is.... whoa... if u had been at the final table... you would have cheated your way to victory.... too bad i won the $5 million.... go write about some tells on that... peasant
JSP from Cleveland, Tennessee

So he got lucky in the 2003 WSOP!!! He is not all that. Sure he can twill a few chips, but so can anyone that has time on their hands to learn. He is like Moneymaker, an amateur who drew some cards. I would drill Dutch in a money game!
PokerSlut

I heard that Dutch got caught cheating at the 2004 WSOP, is this true? and if so what happened?
Old 06-02-04, 06:00 PM
P4intb4llst4r

Dutch boyd has not been around as long as some of the more famous names, yet he is better than a lot of them. I have watched him play, read some of his articles, and talked to him, and besides his great poker skills he is an all-around good guy. Because somebody failed once, you will reject them forever? It makes no sense, he is even more well-known now and has more experience with poker websites, so the chance that it doesn't get better this time around is very slim. Dutch, if you read this, keep playing poker, and keep up the pace on that website, hope it all goes well.
Old 06-03-04, 06:00 PM
n2guys90

Hey i know a lot of you might not believe this but i know him personally. He wanted to date my sister but he was a little hard on for her and she was dating someone else at the time. He is a very smart man!
Old 06-05-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Man dont play at this guys site. THey use a hack to see every card on the table face-up. I already know someone trying to get another lawsuit on this cheat.
Old 06-06-04, 06:00 PM
Raiden_Fox

Dutch is laughing his way to the bank while you all flame him. There's no such thing as bad press, and you all are falling for it.
frymeister

dutch gonna smoke you fools! AIGHT!"The true measure of a man is not how high up the ladder he climbs, but how high he bounces when he falls."
me.

dutch is my hero! he played every hand right. just got screwed cause moneymaker had a bad a call and got lucky. since when does he smoke?
Jon Schoder (me)

wtf is up w/ this comment? Posted by: YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME on Feb 24, 2004This guyis the biggest loser! "If you know chip tricks players will lay down hands???" I didn't see Sammy Farha Lay down his pair of ACES against LOSERS pair of 5's. WHERE ARE YOUR CHIP TRICKS NOW!!!!first of all, he had a pair of queens, not 5's and the tricks help when ur the new guy at a table. that's how they know ur not dead money
Jason

Dutch..I read your FAQ on rakefree.com and I think if you genuinely are interested in attracting business partners that you can trust, then you need to be a little more humble...after that bad experience you can't go around saying how smart you are...obviously you aren't that smart to be in the position you are in...If you don't act a little more humble then you are going to attract the seedy personalities that are only in it to rip you off....just my opinion...Jason
Old 06-07-04, 06:00 PM
pipman07

Dutch, i know you prolly wont read this but you did the coolest trick ever, how long did it take you to get the chip bounce to work, lol good luck this year at the wsop