Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk

Notices

Old 05-09-05, 11:36 AM
Administrator

WSOP final table this year

What will the composition at the final table be this year with regard to amatuers/professionals? How many "known professionals" will be at the final table (known being basically anyone on my player profile page or anyone else on TV or well-know in the poker circles)? I'm guessing about two.
Old 05-10-05, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

Well hopefully there will be some good players at the final table. I'm pulling for my boy Dan Harrington to make it three years in a row. Hopefully Marcel Luske will make it this year after just missing the final table the last two years. We're due to have a big name at the final table this year maybe someone like Hellmuth, or Jesus. I'm not saying that these guys are likely to win it all but if I had to put my money on some players here's who they would be and why.

1. Dan Harrington - Well, he is one of the greatest tournament players of all time (right behind Stu Ungar). Of course he won it all in 95 but he made it to three final tables besides that. Overcoming such massive amounts of people to finish top 4 last two years is just staggering. He is an absolute genius when it comes to poker and I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the final table again this year.

2. Marcel Luske - Kings are good! And so is the flying dutchman, top 15 finishes the last two years is very respectable. He understands the game and can read players like a book.

3. Phil Hellmuth - You can't trap this man, he'll lose small pots and the only way to beat him is to outdraw him. I hope he makes it to the final table.

4. Josh Arieh

5. Chris Ferguson

6. Men Nguyen

7. Layne Flack

8. John Juanda

9. Some Internet geek who gets incredibly lucky
Old 05-10-05, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

1. Dan Harrington
2. Chris Ferguson
3. Phil Hellmuth
4. Howard Ledererar
5. Phil Ivey
5. Johhny Chan
6. Annie Duke
7. Sammy Farha
8. Daniel Negreanu
9. Someone people have never heard of.

I think its going to go heads up Johhny Chan and Chris Ferguson and Ferguson puts a bad beat on Johhny Chan.
Old 06-15-05, 02:18 PM
Wake

It will not be so many Pro,s. Maybee three or four.

Harrington will probaly sit their again. If it happens it,s a lot of respect to the old man. Not the funniest player to watch but probaly the most effective in the wolrd right now.

Tomko, Ivey and maybee one, or a few pro,s more.

The rest will be Internet players, unknowns.
Old 06-15-05, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

None

Be prepared that there will be 10 amateur/internet players and no well known/pro players at the final table. The game has become that competitive.
Old 06-15-05, 10:22 PM

Based on what I'ver read in a few trade magazines, the winning player will have to survive as many as 7 ALL-IN's during the event. The odds of this happening are around 20%.

With that in mind I'll bet that only 2 well known players will make the final table. Which ones? I have no idea. But if I were throw 4 against the wall to see if they will stick:

1. Daniel Negreanu
2. Dan Harrington
3. Phil Hellmuth
4. Alberto Brenes
Old 07-06-05, 01:04 PM
theswamisez

Wink Final table prediction

Here's my prediction. You will be amazed when i hit it right on the money:

Dan Harrington
Phil Ivey
Howard Lederer
Daniel Negraneau
rest will be unknown to slightly known players with at least 2 first time WSOP participants

... or not.
Old 07-06-05, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

i actually think this is the pros year to take this event back. it has been happining in every other event. Doyle and Chan won there 10ths, Greenstien won one, and so did Tod Brunson. My pick is on either Phil Hellmuth or Chris Ferguson. so heres my table.

1. Chris Ferguson
2. Phil Hellmuth
3. Dan Harrington
4. Phil Ivey
5. Howard Lederar
6. Johnny Chan
7. Doyle Brunson
8. Daniel Negranu
9. one internet player(who will be the 8th maybe 9th finisher.)
Old 07-06-05, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

im gonna say todd brunson, dan harrington, and maybe 1 other well known player makes it
the rest will be internet qualifiers because they are used to the huge fields of players and they will account for quesstimated half of the field maybe 1 or two good solid player that have yet to shine out and become a well known player
Old 07-07-05, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

The odds of all the top players making it to the final tables with probably 7,000 people are so small. Itll never happen
Old 10-17-05, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

1. Daniel Negranu
2. Dan Harrington
3. Howard Lederar
4. Chris Ferguson
5. Someone people have never heard of

The great players make right calls. This is just a small list of whom could make it. You will see some of the other well knowns also.

Yes there are more players this year, But these players have seen so many new faces they are getting better at reading them. You can only put on so many poker faces that last Four days.
Old 03-18-10, 08:29 AM

I think this is the right year to take this event back ,
Doyle and Chan won there 10ths , Greenstien won one .
My choice is either Phil Hellmuth or Chris Ferguson.
And here is my table,

1. Chris Ferguson
2. Phil Hellmuth
3. Dan Harrington
4. Phil Ivey
5. Howard Lederar
6. Johnny Chan
7. Doyle Brunson
8. Daniel Negranu