Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 07-05-05, 06:00 PM
clown love

one of the best players ive seen.bealieve it are not i built my howl stradgy on him.and if anyone wants a game ill be happy to take you on
Old 07-05-05, 06:00 PM
mercinary mike

Ive seen good players and ive seen bad.Dan is more inbetween.The only broblem is he moves his face a little to much.
Old 07-06-05, 06:00 PM
englishcat

Dan hardly moves his face at all..on the golf course hes immobile...I taught him to do the same thing at the poker table..He said "thanks cat i shall try it at the wsop"..i replied "anytime dan u know im always here for u"...he was pleased
Old 07-06-05, 06:00 PM
JetsFan315

"Posted by: DJ on Jul 27, 2004 - IP=152.163.253.7 Way too conservative. This guy will fold poket Jacks"

definately not preflop unless he knew his opponent had a better hand. and besides Jacks r the most overrated hand. I once folded them and my opponent had the straight. most ppl i play with say my strategy reminds them of harringtons. and cat, u did not teach all these pros as u said. they would mop the floor with u.
Old 07-08-05, 06:00 PM
englishcat

I didnt say I taught them I said I knew them well and I give them tips..of course Ive beaten them lots of times when playing them..Dans at vegas now everybody..He rung last night and we chatted about golf to take his mind off the world series..He told me "Cat,Padraig is coming next time we play golf so look out"..I said "Dan thats cool Id love to meet Padraig Im sure we will end up good friends"..He said "Cat I think u will"
Old 07-08-05, 06:00 PM
Harrington 4 President

And I quote Norman Chad from ESPN..."Making the final table two years in a row with the fields of the main event this big, this is the single greatest accomplishment in World Series history." Go Dan!!!! See you at the final table this year!!!!
Old 07-09-05, 06:00 PM
englishcat

Dan phoned tonight in a bit of a mood..he said hes in trouble in the hotel hes staying in cos they lost his suitcase and he hit the manager..I hope this doesnt play on his mind at the table..good luck Dan I`ll ring tomorrow
Old 07-09-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

harrington out on day 2.
Old 07-10-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

harrinton is a great player
Old 07-11-05, 06:00 PM
Smooth Melon

If you want to really appreciate Dan Harrington's greatness, read his books, "Harrington on Hold 'em, Vols I and II." In them, he discusses his 6-2 bluff in the WSOP and how the situation dictated that move. His poker books are the best I've read, and I've read them all. The man is a game theory genius. You may not enjoy watching him, and that's fine. But once you read his books, you really appreciate the depth of his understanding. Dan Harrington does NOTHING by accident. Every move, even those that look like impulsive bluffs or weak folds, have layers of logic behind them. I do think he has a bit of a problem with Paul Phillips, though. Anybody have any insight on that? He talks about "high tech millionaires" in his book in unflattering terms, and it sure sounds to me like he's referring to Phillips.
JetsFan315

padrig harrington, his cousin on the PGA tour has withdrew from the British Open cause padrigs father died(meaning dans uncle)
englishcat

Dans just phoned me..he was upset at the poker table he told me..said it was the argument with the hotel manager what did it..anyways he cheered up when I suggested that he flew over and see me and we`re going for a few beers at the weekend!
Old 07-17-05, 06:00 PM
Great player

Probably my favorite poker player. Here's a tidbit: prior to 1995, Harrington avoided tournaments and concentrated strictly on big, no limit cash games. On an whim, he entered the 2,500 hold'em event in the 1995 WSOP and went on to win his first bracelet in his FIRST WSOP event. He followed that up with the Main Event bracelet and THEN went on to win the European Championships that same year. He's the real deal.
Old 07-17-05, 06:00 PM
englishcat

Yes Dan is the real deal as u put it....anyways Im about to phone Dan and have a good long chat with him..we might discuss about me going over to see him and play golf somewhere..I read rumours that Dan was thinking of retiring after the world series..after speaking to Dan afterwards I can say that rumour was false..Dan is such a good friend he tells me everything so I know he wont retire
Old 07-18-05, 06:00 PM
OpinionGuy

English, I find it amazing that idiots like you actually spend that much time thinking up a lie like that. You are in a fantasy world my friend.
Old 07-18-05, 06:00 PM
englishcat

Shut up opinion guy..Dan is my friend and nothing will take that away..I rang him earlier and we chatted about golf and poker..anyways hes flying over to England to see me next week..I ve booked a few rounds of golf and we are staying in a nice hotel..U should be jealous that Dans a good friend
Old 07-19-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

englishcat i cant help but want to beat u up to a bloody pulp.
englishcat

Opinion Guy u are so jealous that Dans a very good friend..He sent me a letter which came in the post this morning containing 2 tickets for a cruise round the world for 6 months..I rung him tonight to thank him..he said "Thats ok Cat its a present for u helping me and standing by me"..I said "Thanks Dan will u be coming with me?"..he said "Yes and if I dont then my nephew Padraig will"..How cool is that? thanks again Dan
Unregistered

that wasnt the opinionguy check the id adressed beside there name
Old 07-20-05, 06:00 PM
englishcat

How dare whoever it was want to hit me for being Dans friend? makes no sense
Old 07-21-05, 06:00 PM
Kim

Dan is one of my favorite poker players ever.
englishcat

Good post Kim..perhaps I can set u up on meeting Dan? Hes a good friend Kim and loves to meet the public..When we was on the golf course a man came up to him and said "Dan you are my poker hero can u sign my scorecard?"..Dan said "Of course and this is my friend Cat he will sign it too"..the guy said to me "You are so lucky having Dan as a friend"..I said " I know and Dans a good friend"
Unregistered

Harrington is just lucky
Old 07-22-05, 06:00 PM
JetsFan315

"Posted by: on Jul 22, 2005 - IP=66.189.181.212 Harrington is just lucky"

yeah right, he made it to the final table in 03 and 04. and he won it all in 95. lets see u do that. i have never even seen him get lucky once, of course he has got lucky a couple of times but not in the long run. u cant get lucky in 2 consecutive years and in 95.
Old 07-22-05, 06:00 PM
englishcat

Thats a common mistake levelled at Dan thinking hes just lucky..I said the same when we were at the 19th after playing golf...we sat in front of the fire drinking beer and chatting..he said "Cat some people think Im just lucky what should I do?"..I said "Dan let them kepe thinking it then take their money with a solid hand"..he grinned and said "Thats fantastic advice Cat,Thanks"...I said "Anything for a friend Dan"
Old 07-23-05, 06:00 PM
Dat Dude

"ACTION" Dan is the MAN!
Old 07-23-05, 06:00 PM
englishcat

That above post again wasnt by me..obviously someone deeply jealous that I know Dan very well..Its his birthday soon by the way..Im thinking of getting him 24 golf balls with "Dan Harrington Poker Champ" written on..He will adore this present
Old 07-24-05, 06:00 PM
englishcat

V amusing..Well today I bought Dan his golf balls..I bet he will be so pleased at this present..Hes such a good golf player too...last time we played he went round in 71..he said maybe next time he will get Phil Ivey to come too..as he is the Tiger Woods of poker it will be good to se him on the golf course!
Old 07-25-05, 06:00 PM
englishcat

Hmm hilarious..Dan rung me tonight..Said hes thinking of going to Gleneagles in Scotland for the weekend and asked if I could come..he said "Cat r you up for the weekend playing golf and drinking beer?"...as a joke I said "No Dan I dont want to"..Dan let out a small sob and said "But Cat why not?"..I then laughed and said "You know I do Dan it will be great to see you again old friend"..Dan laughed too and said "I shall send a limo on friday night to pick u up"!
Old 07-26-05, 06:00 PM
englishcat

Hiya all..Dan phoned tonight to confirm about the weekend..he sounded very excited and said "I look forward more to this weekend than the final table of the World Series!"..I said "Im looking forward to it too Dan,itll be a great weekend wont it?"..He laughed and said "The best Cat,the best"..how cool is Dan!