Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 06-06-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

POKER INFO - PROILE - Vince Van Patten

he's a joke - cant play worth shit but talks like he can - the WPT's weakest link!
Old 06-07-04, 06:00 PM
NotNowTodd

Some of the best one liners ever. Love his comments on Kirill. 2 queens "west hollywood" great stuff. He does talk like he wears his boxers backwards though.
Old 06-07-04, 06:00 PM
Hansel

I agree w/ NotNowTodd, Van Patten is hilarious, I love his one-liners, he's a great entertainer, show some love
Old 06-17-04, 06:00 PM
flush80

my 2 year old nephew can play better than this guy, talks a lot of shit.
Old 06-24-04, 06:00 PM
alspath

Can someone get this to Vince?The Game is - No Limit, Texas Hold'emBy Al SpathHearts begin to pound, sweat begins to bead on several foreheads as the TV lights glare into the faces of the poker worlds newest and most cunning final table competitors. The non-stop, ever changing, pressure packed action continues to unfold slicker than an episode of CSI. The tells are cleverly disguised from our weekly living room investigative team, and then it happens: Vince Van Patton shamelessly announces - Daniel Negreanu has picked up a monster hand (pocket fours). What the hell could he be thinking/smoking/or drinking? Monster Hand? Get a grip Vince; have you been playing in to many Hollywood home-games or what?
Old 06-27-04, 06:00 PM
He zucks

I love the way this jerk off makes up his own language about the cards. Pocket 8' being called octopus not "Snowmen."
Old 06-28-04, 06:00 PM
Poker Kitten

He is super super sexy. Ahhhhhhh. He makes me feel like a teenager again. Anyone know if he is married? I would love to have his e-mail address.
Old 06-28-04, 06:00 PM
Xana

Wow! I want him.
Old 06-29-04, 06:00 PM
Hmmmmm

I take it he is not the best poker player in the world. However, I understand why he was hired. He has a polished look and sound and his commentary is indeed quite entertaining. I could care less if he can play or not. That is not why he was hired folks. Remember, he is an actor that plays poker. Not the other way around.
Old 07-07-04, 06:00 PM
herman007

Believe it or not, but VVP actually finished like 13th or 14th in a recent major tournamnet. Mike Sexton played in the same tourney and finished behind VVP by a couple players.
Old 07-08-04, 06:00 PM
Shit Dick Vince

Vince is a bozo and just needs to get Off the Air.
Old 07-18-04, 06:00 PM
Flamin_Jesus

Vince is a great commentator in my opinion. All of those bad mouthers out there get a life!
Old 07-26-04, 06:00 PM
Bag

Vince makes the show what it is - AMAZING! Along with Mike Sexton they make an awesome couple of comentators
Old 08-06-04, 06:00 PM
Matt adrenolswimmer59

No lie...this guy is a joke.
Old 08-18-04, 06:00 PM
Vince Van Patten

Stop making fun of me.
Old 08-18-04, 06:00 PM
jesus

ahhhh vince van patten is an angel sent from the heavens above
Old 08-28-04, 06:00 PM
flintsword

Ok, the comments are outrageous, but the objective is to make the play exciting and bridge to the average (fishy) home player. Sexton is the expert. Vince is the Public Relations alter-ego. Think of it this way: Sexton is on the poker side, "pass me a coffee type" and Vince is on the marketing side, "two drink minimum and wear a toga type". Yeah, good players cringe at the comments, but the result is a tide of new players and I can live with both. Hire a writer and don't forget to use the classic "The last time I saw this many 'Bad Hands' was the the Shoplifting Convention in Vegas!" In short, more poker and better material! Aside from that, good job so far.
Old 09-11-04, 06:00 PM
bravado15

Vince Van Patten is great. Mo Town, Snow men, Sigfried and Roy, Acey Deucy, etc. Good god. This man is fantastic and so fun to listen to. He and Sexton make an excellent team. Now go lose your life savings at pokerstars, you naysaying jackasses.
Old 09-17-04, 06:00 PM
Marina/ maelohna

Hey all...I don't know anything about this guy except that my roommate told me he's the son of Dick Van Patten. Anyone know if that's true? I was just curious.
Old 09-19-04, 06:00 PM
choppincfan

why are all of you making such a BIG deal over this guy? hes a color commentator. thats it. who cares. just watch the damn game and be entertained instead of always having to find something wrong with someone. hes fine at what he does. sometimes funny, and sometimes lame. i happen to think hes pretty good, and theres no reason to get red in the face about anything he says, geez, you sound like your in a political debate
Old 09-27-04, 06:00 PM
adanthang

My wife and I have the same opinion of Vince:"Sleazy Tennis Pro"
Old 09-30-04, 06:00 PM
pumpkin

I had the biggest crush on Vince when he played in Apples Way. How many of you remember that show! he still has it!!!!!
Old 10-05-04, 06:00 PM
vvpfan

Yes Vince is the son of Dick Van Patten. Apples Way was a fab show....along with Three for the Road. Vince definiteyl still has it. I heard he married Eileen Davidson from the Young and teh Restless but not sure.
Old 10-19-04, 06:00 PM
Marina/ maelohna

vvpfan and pumpkin: I've never heard of Apples Way or Three for the Road. What kind of shows were they?
Old 10-23-04, 06:00 PM
wizardofoz

He seems to enjoy Mike Sexton's company and the game in general, but listening to his commentary makes me believe he has little clue what he is talking about.
Old 11-16-04, 06:00 PM
slvsc2

My L.A. friends tell me he's a better commentator than poker player. That should tell you something about this guy. But you know what, give him credit. He has some coin of his own. His old man has all of his 8 is Enough money willed to him. Shauna is his sister-in-law and the only work he has to do is go to poker tournaments. Not a bad gig.
Old 11-28-04, 06:00 PM
VVP For President

Anyone who does not like Vince must be out of their mind or related to Norman Chad. Vince is one one of the main reason ppl prefer to watch Travel Channel's WPT over ESPNs coverage of the WSOP. Lon McCarron is a worthless zombie who is programmed by the same person who made Stuart Scotts glass eye. Vince's kid game "a little acey deucy" and his off the wall random relations of hands to britney spears make WPT the best poker show out there.
Old 01-30-05, 06:00 PM
Connie

Love him! I used to carry around a picture of him in my wallet when I was in grade school.It's great to see him again!
Old 02-07-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

He has never claimed to be a great poker player he is very modest and seems like a great guy I love what he does for the WPT.
Old 02-10-05, 06:00 PM
Vegas Mike

If Vince knows a cutesy nickname for your cards it's time to fold.