Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 03-08-04, 06:00 PM
Bryce Cox

It's really sad that Dutch Boyd gets hacked on by a bunch of amateurs who have never and will never take a risk and start a business. The guy took a chance and it didn't work out. Everything I have read says when he makes it again, his 1st priority is to pay those people back. Thats something all the haters out there don't have.......CLASS!! Keep doing your thing Dutch your one of the best and most entertaining players to watch!
Old 03-09-04, 06:00 PM
FATBOY

hey if you need some help ripping off innocent people in the future ill help you
Old 03-10-04, 06:00 PM
Hugh Jass

I was in business with Dutch years ago..His idea of splitting the profits was "I'll throw all the money onto the celing and what sticks is yours...."
Old 03-12-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

dutch is a solid aggressive player with a promising future ahead him in whatever field he pursues. a prodigy and overall cool person. i only hope in future events, he doesn't go all in with two over cards against a possible after the flop as he did with pocket king, queen against moneymaker's pocket threes. after the first three community cards, two high faces against a small pair is no longer a coin toss, its just a plain loss, sorry russ. keep practicing and remember, it doesn't take chip tricks to win- avian
Old 03-14-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

I think, in order for Boyd to have any chance at making a run at the final table, he needed to make a move and go all-in. I would likely do the same, sometimes you just have to take chances. The odds were not heavily in Moneymaker's favor either, just slightly.
Old 03-16-04, 06:00 PM
fatboy

hey dutch i hear you can rip off a lot of people with calling cards maybe you should get into yhat field
Old 03-22-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

HE STOLE MONEY!!!! He sucks!!!
Old 03-24-04, 06:00 PM
Matt

I don't see how anyone can defend his play against Moneymaker. It was late in the tournament and he was one of the bigger stacks. There weren't enough chips in the pot for it to be worth the risk. Also, why choose to go up against Moneymaker, who also had a big stack and could cripple you if he called. I can understand this play against a short stack, but he had to know that if Moneymaker had any kind of pair he was 30% at best to win on the turn or river.
Joe Williams

why dont u play more tournaments rather than just the WSOP?
brill

up/down player whose luck keeps expanding after he reaches
Old 03-29-04, 06:00 PM
Spektakel

Seriously, WHY would anyone trust Boyd with his/her money!? I'd rather play in a card room hosted by a bum. At least he wouldn't have a history of losing innocent peoples money.
Old 03-30-04, 06:00 PM
Gianna

Absolutely amazing!!! I guess the majority of people DO believe every little bit of hearsay they come across. That's too bad. Dutch started a business. The company holding the money went bankrupt. That company was the same type of company as neteller or firepay. The same kind of company you trust you money to all the time. Their job is to act as your offshore bank. They pay the online poker site NOT YOU. Think about it. If neteller or firepay goes down whoever they are suppose to cash out loses the money. That means you and anycompany they are supposed to pay out! What kind of an idiot do you think DutchBoyd would have to be to give up ALL the profit that pokerspot would have made in the future for the chump change you are accusing him of stealing. Do you dimwits ever use your brains. The site was still new. They didn't even have that much money yet. They had just started making money. I mean the guy graduated from lawschool at 18...do you really think he is that stupid?!! Look at the online poker sites that are up now. Do you have any idea how much dough they rake in a month. I mean come on people. Why would you steal a golden egg if you already owned the goose that was laying the golden eggs? You're arguments besides childish and immature, make absolutely no sense. That is when they are actually arguments and not just ignorant insults. And Jimmy's brilliant idea of giving him money to fund his new site in order to "hurt him bad"...is this guy for real? Number one, how can that hurt him. Number two, the people who lost money at pokerspot are the very first people to gain money from Rakefree. If those people were smart they would be doing everything in the power to make sure this thing works. Not discouraging it! Dutch don't listen to the fools in this world that would like nothing better than for everyone around them to fail so they can feel like they haven't. You have accomplished more in experience at the age of 23 than most of them will gain in a lifetime, and that is worth its weight in gold. Stay strong and never lose faith in your ability to succeed despite all odds. Remember ... everything happens for a reason.
Old 04-10-04, 06:00 PM
Jimmy

Gianna you idiot,I said that if I were ripped off by your hero I would pretend to want to invest with him.....then hurt him badly (as in bash his brains in)Get it ? Obviously you aren't that bright....Lucky for him I never played on pokerspot...
Old 04-11-04, 06:00 PM
Gianna is right

Gianna makes a very good point. Not to mention Dutch would be in the Federal prison if he did indeed commit such a crime. So stop hating this guy just because you guys are jealous. There is waaaay too much jealousy in poker. These guys are good because they are. You guys are jealous. Well..........because if you weren't you would be taking so much time to criticize people that have no influence on your lives. Give it a rest. Most of the folks on this site are never going to be able to compete at the professional level. Yet, you guys love to complain and make comments about play that is far beyond your capacity to understand. Just enjoy the poker and leave your personal opinions to yourselves. By the way. Bashing in someones brains results in some serious jail time. Give that some thought the next time you believe you have been stolen from. Contact the POLICE and let them handle it. That is unless you like men fondling your ass in a jail cell.
Dutch is a pimp

I dont think he stole money, but even if he did. arent we posting coments about his poker skills...? Come on this guy is a great player.
johnphall/johnphall

Beat a "DutchBoyd99" at Partypoker...is that you Russ? Interesting storyline about PokerSpot. Hope you are able to make good on the losses to the players. That would prove your side. Keep playing.
David Puddy

hahahaha Dutch is the man, I hope he did con you suckers out of your money, he is my hero. Dutch, if you were able to pull off a scam like that all the power to ya!
Old 04-26-04, 06:00 PM
Nate71

Dutch, Russ, whatever, are you playing in the April 30th $1,500 NL WSOP event? If so, prepare to be crushed by yours truly...Big Red! I'm the "human party machine" and will seek to destroy you. lol In all seriousness, gl at Binions this year...my girlfriend wants to bang you.
Old 04-27-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

I emailed that stupid address your not dutch boyd, so stop posting bs up on here. This website is for poker fans
Old 04-27-04, 06:00 PM
Madame X

For your information that is the correct email address and that is Dutch Boyd. The two posting's from Jan. 27 and April 21 are from Dutch the one from Feb.12 is the impostor. Just thought you'd like to know.
Old 05-01-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

ok then, well my bad....but he never wrote me back :[
Old 05-05-04, 06:00 PM
Madame X

My guess it that it would be pretty hard to get in contact with any professional poker player right now because of the world series. I know that Dutch is playing almost every WSOP event until the end of May. If you check the WSOP schedule, it is pretty hectic. There's an event everday and most last at least two days. These guys start at 12:00pm and if they do well go until about 4am, run to their rooms get sleep and do it all again the next day. May has to be by far the most rigorous month for a poker professional and from keeping up with Dutch's posts, he is simultaneously working on trying to start the rakefree cardroom, so I'm sure he wasn't trying to be rude.
Old 05-09-04, 06:00 PM
CiXoT

was that really you dutch? messaging in a public posting room? lawyer at 18 ...dont get mixed up in the black tar buddy. good life, CiXoT... [email]crazy_rhasta@hotmail.com[/email]
Old 05-10-04, 06:00 PM
Big Tony

I saw Dutch on TV like everyone else. He seemed like a charismatic guy and a bit of a punk. Then I happened to sit next to him in a tournament. I had no idea of his history, just what I saw on TV. This guy is charming, sincere and good for poker. I have no way of knowing how he handled his business venture, but he apparently has pledged to make the losses right. Geez O'Pete, get off his ass. His success is good for everyone, show some support. Good luck Dutch, don't worry about a thing...I got your back!
C-Span

'Sup all...thought you'd be interested to know that Dutch cashed in at 13th/538 people in WSOP Event #7 18th/400 people in the WSOP Event #18, both of which were no-limit events. So to those of you that said he doesn't have game...you're wrong.
Tilt

Dutch is one of the best 'Gentile' players around. Very white, and very hard to read. He's a good ole' cracker card player! wp!
MSNBC

C-Span is right, he's a damn good player. Just doesn't have all the respect yet. Being arrogant doesn't make him a lousy poker player. The game needs charisma like that. Whether you love him or hate him...he'll be around for awhile. later.
SP.

Anyone who graduates law school that early has my respects...
csamuel

Dutch just monied again in PL Hold'em (14/324). Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Old 05-12-04, 06:00 PM
Jammer

Cool as shit...check out the bandana he's sporting this year. What a wanker!