Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 06-06-07, 10:34 PM

If you would like to lose all your money, this is the site for you. They lie, cheat, and steal your money and they don't even want to talk to you. I was sent a payout check and after depositing it, it bounced. They didn't even pay back the resulting overdraft fees. Totally ignored me. Hung up on me when I requested to speak to a manager. I guess they're too busy spending our money to realize that we are the customer. Worst customer service experience of my life. Currently have a lawsuit pending against them.
Old 07-23-07, 10:29 AM

I agree with most comments here. There are way too many flush and straights on the board.. And it seems that someone always has part of it.

For example I have just finished a $10 SnG where I was by far chip leader and called an all-in bet with A,Q and they flopped a straight. Not the first time either, it seems like dominated hnds always have some kind of get out clause.

The thing is I dont find other sites much better. Granted, they dont give out as many straights and flushes, but the best hnd never seems to hold up. On party poker over the space of 6 months, calcalated my pre-flop odds, and how much I won.. and it worked out that I should have won 58% but I actually only won 48%. Thats bout $500 difference at the level I play.

And on titan poker I was often 90-95% and end up losing. Example $11 buy in 250 players, I was in fourth position and second in chips. I went up against the chip leader - I had 8,8 and called a 3* BB raise. Flop comes K,4,8. He went ll in and I called. He turned over 10,10 so I am 92% favourite and he hit a ten mircle on the river.

So althoguth I think absolute is rigged others re just as bad in different ways. I have learned to adapt on absolute, with increased flush/ stright possibilities, however it woul impossible forme to do the sme on titan or party.

And now on absolute I am a winning player.

Last edited by lloydy84; 07-23-07 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Spelling mistakes due to keyboard missing keys out
Old 07-29-07, 03:37 PM

Well I'm not here to grumble about any loses, but I saw these comments, went away and relly had a good look at what I was seeing on these tables.

I didnt like what I saw. A couple of things I'd like to point out. First of all I didn't lose much money so this is not a bad beat story I cashed out once I realised there was actually somethign strange going on.

I was playing a $40 sit n go and got chatting to some guy who had suffered a lousy bad beat. I mean it was runner, runner bad beat. This guy was 95% ahead on the flop and so obviously he wasnt happy and acused absolute poker of being cheats, as he suffered these bets all day and had lost over $200. I said I agreed that the worst hand wins far too often and others thought the same. Next thing I know I am off the table completely and couldnt return. Though I could play on cash tables.. For the next day or so I didn't recieve one single decent hand. In fact the best hand I got all day with J,Qs. I decided to clear my poker tracker and play for another few days to see what happened. Long and behold out of the 479 hands I was dealt, there wasnt A,A or K,K or Q,Q or J,J or even A,K to be seen. In fact the best hand I got was A,Q which I was dealt twice. The first time I missed completely and folded to a bet with a king on the board, the next I hit a full house and split the pot with another A,Q. I also got tens and hit my full house, to lose out to a bigger full house.

I looked at poker tracker however to see that I was dealt Q,6 seven times, Q,7 also seven times, but mostly 6,3 and 4,2 which I had eight times. Compare that to my two A,Q's and other prmium hands.

In fact I played 7 tournaments and didnt cash once, I just didnt have the cards. Whereas I average better than 1 cash in 3 games normally. The last tournament I bluffed my way to the bubble, and was dealt a pair of 7's. The flop came 2,2,4 and I pushed hopin for a call from A-x which I got, A-3 called. But what did the turn and river bring 3,3. I must admit I just laughed and then cashed out. Not only did I get barely any cards, but when I did play (I saw 14% of flops) I was ahead 56% and won... yes 23%.
Old 07-29-07, 07:08 PM

Sooo after jut posting my last message, i get a messge in my inbox from a guy who thinks i must be doin my calculations wrong.

He didnt think the site would take a grudge against me. Note the followin happend, the sme day asmy last message, about 2 hours later.

So he said oh your wrong this and that. actually he was kind of an alright guy just didnt believe me. Luckily i had a spare few dollars in my account. i told him to come watch me play a sit n go. so he did.

i was doin well. the thing is, i didnt get anything but as long as i didnt show down.. i was chip leader with twice my originl stack. now thi guy is lettin on that im playing with 5,9 as thouh is is a,k. and hes thinking about calling me, esp as im always stealing his blinds. mostly for fun just to see how angry he gets. But i actualy get an hand this time. queens. so i raise hi blind again. he goes all in i call. he has J,7. which makes me 86% favourite. he flops a jack. then rivers another. first hand shown down. and what does this guy say? oh well he jut got lucky it only happens 14% of the time.. blah blah. i give up i really do.
Old 12-16-07, 08:37 PM

Site is rigged, DO NOT PLAY! ALL ONLINE POKER IS RIGGED! search poker scandal on google. AP is the first to get caught
Old 08-17-09, 10:55 PM

Absolute is TOTALLY rigged and programmed to the hilt. They are scum of the highest order. I've played 100's of thousands of hands on there and they really have gone overboard since teaming up with the scumbags at UB. I should write an article on how to beat their STT in a consistent fashion. When I sit down I say, "you are all going to lose, and I am the winner" they think I'm kidding. I'm not, I know how their program runs now, it is actually quite simple. I'll leave you some pointers so you can get an advantage also:

1. Be more stressed about getting early big chip lead. AP RARELY allows the early chip lead to win. I know, I know, you want to "play poker" and "dominate". Wont work. You are wasting your time. Your cards will go to crap for many rounds.

2. AP program always stages a "miracle comeback". This is regardless of player skill. Just look for when there are 4-5 players left and the 400 chip stack is on last legs with k3 suited and hits quads.

3. AP program will attempt, usually very successfully, to have roughly 3k on 4 diff seats with 1 to money. (Top 3 get paid in STT). Give or take but close enough. What? You say, " It's the 2nd round and I have 8k lead!". 3k, 4 seats. Give or take 500.

4. Of course if a total donk is giving away chips on an all in 29 hearts, let em, this has nothing to do with program.

5. AP's program attempts to end every STT on exactly the 7th round. Right on the button. It also attempts to eliminate precisely 1 person per round. Some tourneys end on the 8th, these are usually the super tight grandmas playing. Rarely will they end on the 6th, unless everyone is all in every hand or something.

6. So, if you chip up early, and/or there are multiple seats eliminated early, watch the program run through a LONG dry spell. No action, nobody gets a hand, nobody flops much, this is what I call "passing the stack". I win 200, you win 200, he wins 200, I win 200, then you. Back and forth it will go because, there were too many players eliminated early. This will go for a couple of rounds and might result in you going comatose.

7. Why? Simple. To keep the whole "gambling" part alive, "anyone, even the most inexperienced player, is guaranteed a rich experience". Skill is meaningless, poker or otherwise. Just work the program, way easier. If some donk wants to give away chips for nothing, so be it, take em. Just be aware that the AP program is very wary of anyone with a commanding chip lead in STT's. It will make every effort to knock yours down and even out the stacks. This is where "sit out" comes in handy until later rounds.

Also to add to the "why" part, I'll use an example from another very jacked up site that is no longer with us, ever hear of "Golden Palace Poker?". True scum of the earth. But, if you were smart, you could sign up for some of the lower stakes STT's, sign off, go have a beer, and get to money without even playing. AP has effectively guaranteed that that will NEVER happen. Least not that I've seen. Sit outs will NOT get to money, EVER. Now on an STT, you would think that some would be 2 rounds, some 3, some 4, some 5, etc, before they got to money.

Not AP, you will blind out before level 7 comes around, guaranteed. You will NOT get in the money if you sit out the entire tourney. This is what their program has accomplished. I think it's good, but at same time, it's bad. What kind of site has poker rounds like clockwork? Why does it always hit level 7 then BAM everyone has incredible hands.

Why does the 10k stack vs. 1.5k stack go all in say with 10K off to QQ and since AP wants that table freed up, the tourney is over, every time. In fact I write "GG" in there first because I know preflop that the game is over. Since AP shuts the table down the instant the hand is played, even the chat, then you know they are attempting to muzzle the players, shut them up and get them out. This is also why they wisely eliminated the observer chat, unlike every other poker site which doesn't seem to be so afraid of TALKING. Even on playchips they have no observer chat, whats a matter AP? fraid I will coach people on how to manipulate your program to their benefit? I already do that, and the ones that listen, WIN. And I WIN.

But I'd rather play poker, and you don't deal poker so I'll stick to real cards that aren't dealt on a timetable with clocklike precision.

Scumbags.
Old 08-20-09, 06:57 PM

A friend and myself played on the absolute poker site just one time. There was a promotional freeroll tournament. They offered prizes but no cash prizes which was fine with me but when my friend placed 1st and was supposed to be awarded Black Crows tickets in San Diego guess what he got NOTHING. My 4th place finish in the same tournament was supposed to be a tour of the 91X radio station with dinner and still I got nothing. We emailed them several times and got no response.

You can make claims about sites being rigged etc. but this is without a doubt proof that this organization is flawed. Consumer beware....
Old 09-03-09, 02:13 AM

Hello Everyone, First of all Absolute Poker is a Scam and its sick to think Hellmuth endorses this site, first things first when i play this site nothing is random, my first cards at a sitngo are always 72off , and after that its 24 63 and other crap that wont see a flop for years!, IF i had a hundred dollars for everytime i heard someone say absolute wont let them cash out! i would have allready lost it on this site. Because thats what happens you loose on here , Now im not i fuuking idiot i know that in real poker you dont just keep getting hands like 23, 64 , 95, 24, 74 over and over and over. I meen im sorry eventually in real poker you have to see something decent. Not to mention its not just that my hands are shiit its that none of them hit!!! ever i fol and fold, And always worst hand looses! SCAM!!1 fUUK YOU ultimate beat, I HOPE YOU ALL CHOKE ON THE THOUSANDS YOUR SCAMMING FROM PEOPLE, and lets get this straight we all know at the top of this company is some COKE HEAD yuppy FUUK ASS BOSS WHOS PUTTING OUR MONEY UP HIS NOSE!!! thanks for lisening, if anyone reads this please save yourself the pain, i wish i had, These no winning here and know cash outs
Old 09-03-09, 05:28 AM

Wow, where to start chronicace22? You don't always start with 27, and the large majority of starting hands are trash, so guess what, you'll get streaks of trash!! It happens!! ugh the worst hand mostly loses because the odds are against you, read what you're saying, YOU'RE COMPLAINING CEREUS IS RIGGED BECAUSE THE WORST HAND LOSES!!!
ENGLISH LESSON: The cow has NO food.

Cereus sux for many reasons but not for the reasons you've outlined.

Last edited by HPG ADMIN; 12-15-11 at 06:32 AM. Reason: rudeness
Old 09-30-09, 08:39 PM

Absolute poker is the biggest rip off online. It is a total joke to play there. The cards are not random. All hands are computer gen hands. You always get bet on the river on this sad site. I can't believe people still waste they're time at this joke site. It needs to be shut down. If people stop playing there, i think they would stop with the computer gen hands. But the people keep playing and throwing money out the window. I stopped because i can make more money playing bingo then at that rip off site.
Old 10-09-09, 11:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to chowda633 Send a message via Yahoo to chowda633
I just played 3 heads up tourny's 2 500 chip UT's and a regular heads up. Lost all 3 of course!

First one I played over 30 hands and LOST EVERY SINGLE ONE! NEVER PAIRED THE BOARD! How is that possible?

Second one AQ He raises. I re raise he goes all in. I call of course he flops over A3 I got him dominated. Flop is no help to either turn is no help to either 3 cards in the deck can help him... WHAT FLOPS ON THE RIVER! A 3 OF COURSE! I even called it when he flopped it over. Who goes all in with A3 anyways heads up first hand?! Not even suited!

So now im on tilt. I play one more SNG heads up UT. I hit the flush on the flop Ace high. Got him dead to rights. Go all in he calls with top pair and by the river HAS A HOUSE!

AP IS A CLOWN FEST! Donks always win and plenty of hacks to go round.
Old 10-09-09, 11:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to chowda633 Send a message via Yahoo to chowda633
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydy84 View Post
Well I'm not here to grumble about any loses, but I saw these comments, went away and relly had a good look at what I was seeing on these tables.

I didnt like what I saw. A couple of things I'd like to point out. First of all I didn't lose much money so this is not a bad beat story I cashed out once I realised there was actually somethign strange going on.

I was playing a $40 sit n go and got chatting to some guy who had suffered a lousy bad beat. I mean it was runner, runner bad beat. This guy was 95% ahead on the flop and so obviously he wasnt happy and acused absolute poker of being cheats, as he suffered these bets all day and had lost over $200. I said I agreed that the worst hand wins far too often and others thought the same. Next thing I know I am off the table completely and couldnt return. Though I could play on cash tables.. For the next day or so I didn't recieve one single decent hand. In fact the best hand I got all day with J,Qs. I decided to clear my poker tracker and play for another few days to see what happened. Long and behold out of the 479 hands I was dealt, there wasnt A,A or K,K or Q,Q or J,J or even A,K to be seen. In fact the best hand I got was A,Q which I was dealt twice. The first time I missed completely and folded to a bet with a king on the board, the next I hit a full house and split the pot with another A,Q. I also got tens and hit my full house, to lose out to a bigger full house.

I looked at poker tracker however to see that I was dealt Q,6 seven times, Q,7 also seven times, but mostly 6,3 and 4,2 which I had eight times. Compare that to my two A,Q's and other prmium hands.

In fact I played 7 tournaments and didnt cash once, I just didnt have the cards. Whereas I average better than 1 cash in 3 games normally. The last tournament I bluffed my way to the bubble, and was dealt a pair of 7's. The flop came 2,2,4 and I pushed hopin for a call from A-x which I got, A-3 called. But what did the turn and river bring 3,3. I must admit I just laughed and then cashed out. Not only did I get barely any cards, but when I did play (I saw 14% of flops) I was ahead 56% and won... yes 23%.
Wow same thing just happened to me! I ran my mouth about AP being rigged etc etc at the cash table and the last 5 tourny's I played in I hardly got cards or got beat when I was 80%+ in the hand! They must have a filter that kicks up when you write stuff about them in their chat lol
Old 10-21-09, 07:56 PM

Ive been playing here since they started and since lasy year I cant win tourneys like I used to. I havent cashed out in a long time, and its not my play...

Last edited by Gaspar_74; 10-21-09 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11-08-09, 06:10 PM

I play on here a lot. Won decent money but of late the site is horrible. I've taken bad beat left and right. The ups and downs are a joke. I will win 7 of 10 sit n go'es....followed by losing 12 straight. My style of play doesnt change. The bad beats do. I complain to VIP host and it gets worse.

The thing I dont get, why r the same ppl always winning. They arent better than me. Nobody is better than anyone on this site. Its impossible. You get KK and play them perfect and lose to a BS hand, its not being outplayed. I play live a lot too. I've seen bad beats live, but way further apart than the every 5 min AP dishes out.

I hate this, I love poke and want to play, but I may have to close my account down.

F'n sad. Just cant trust this site anymore.

M-Th last week, won 30x my bank roll.....ran real well. I had to re-buy today???? Did I change my style?? No, there was nothing I could do to stop the bleeding.....i slowed down, i waited till blinds went up to get aggressive, i played small stakes....nothing.....lose, lose lose.

Joke, and there VIP live chat is a bigger joke.
Old 01-27-10, 01:10 PM

Seems like something in the programming that gives the flush to anyone who has a flush draw on the turn. Far too many times I have gone all in with 2 pair or trips and got beat when someone rivers a flush. No longer play on the site because of this flaw.
Old 01-27-10, 03:58 PM

If you are worried about rigged cards, get Holdem Manager tracking software. It costs about $80 and will tell you anything you want to know about your game, opponants games, and dealt cards, great for peace of mind for the sceptics.

Ive played and tracked bout 60k hands on Cereus and can assure everyone nothing fishy is going on. You may have seen my thread 'Thoughts on Chris Fergusons Challenge' which basically was a blog of my games on pokerstars last year and shows my $6k downswing playing mostly NL50! Truth is, over 10,000's of hands, ANYTHING can happen, but over 200k-300k hands, players WILL get their just desserts.

As a regular winning grinder, I thouroughly recommend the Cereus and Cake networks as they offer 30-33% rakeback (woulda been $5k richer had I played these sites last year), good customer service, very quick withdrawals, VISA cashout outside U.S. and Cereus has had an awsome software improvement recently making the play feel alot more like the bigger sites.

I bet I can answer nearly all these thread's problems with just 1 word 'RAKE', and the more you can get back, the bigger your winrate. Don't settle for a free T-shirt advertising their business!!! You probably rake between $600-$900/month if you play NL50, would you ever pay $300 for a T-shirt on the high street? Get on these fish ridden sites and I gauruntee you won't get a fairer game.
Old 04-29-10, 04:01 PM

I played on Absolute Poker for awhile and the suckouts are just unreal. People calling my Nut Flush on the flop with none of the suited cards in their hand and starting with small pair and weak kicker...calling to the river to get a full house. No rhyme or reason for these types of calls. It happens all the time. I thought that it was just a coincidence at first but I saw it happen way to much and usually for the same players and to other victims. The limit size didn't matter either it is not just a micro donk calling as they are stupid or dont care it happens in the bigger games more so.
I wonder if the RABBIT feature is hackable. I think it should be done away with as I think that it has somehow been exploited. This may be the thing behind these players supposed ESP.

My advice .... stay away from online poker. Until the U.S. steps in and regulates it and protects it's players!! Which by the look of it is not going to happen.

You have no protection and no regulation. You do the math.

Open your eyes people if has been done before (cheating) and is still being done.

There is just to much that doesn't make sense and if it doesn't make sense then it just isn't real true or right.

Last edited by DaMAn; 04-29-10 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-29-10, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missionjack View Post
Anytime you complain about a site you are whammied. I am interested in hearing from others. I complained that the service was bad at absolute and talked to a few of their props at the tables about it and was punished. The game can and will be manipulated. The problem is that it is all sites that do this not just a few. I have a group that compares online sites and its all the same. If you are a person that withdrawls money you will be punished. If you complain you will be punished period.
Old post I know but I have to respond. Alot of others here and other sites say the same thing once you cash and if you complain it all turns to sh@@. I wish I had never played online. It all such BS!!!
Old 04-30-10, 07:15 AM

From the thread titled "Absolute Robbery" four years ago:

" ...... Today was actually the last day I will ever play on this site, and it was a typical day that I had experienced over the course of the last month. In one hand, I had pocket 4's and called a raise along with 3 other players. The flop comes 4 8 8. After several raises and reraises, I am in this hand alone with this one fish who has already cracked me with my Aces and two pair, hit a gut shot on me, and outdrew me and others in a few other hands. Im thinking this my final chance to get back at him and that there's no way I can be outdrawn this time. After several raises and reraises, the turn and river bring on 4 8 8 Q Q ! Of course he has J 8 ....."

-----------------------------

This may actually be the dumbest thing I've ever read. Tough to believe that someone is a fool enough to think that this hand is indicative of wrongdoing on the site's part. Bottom house losing to top trips when the board double pairs happens about 15,000x a day, welcome to poker.
Old 05-14-10, 07:34 PM

[url]http://www.pokertableratings.com/blog/2010/05/ptr-security-alert-cereus-poker-network/[/url]

check it out folks. Still more BS from you know who...
Old 08-15-10, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vel. View Post
this is my first real money site. i was practicing on party poker and the gaming club play money software for about a week or so, then i decided to join absolute because of the 35% bonus. The only thing i don;t like really is the fact that you cannot really play any other full screen software while this is laying because when it's your turn, the game window automatically steals focus, and there's no option to stop it from doing so. What this means is, if you're playing a role playing game or something int he background to pass the time between hands, it will automatically minimize that game. The problem lies in the fact that sometimes this really messes with both games. the pc might lock up for a little bit and you may lose your turn. not cool. im going to notify customer support of this to include an option to stop making the window steal focus, otherwise i am switching to the gaming club. I really do not like sitting around with my thumb up my you know where between hands on a 10 person table because i cant do anything else or else the program will mess everything up. Also, maybe i'm imagining things, but i could swear that the dealer program at this site deals you better cards the less you fold. I play very conservatively and it seems that after a while of getting junk pockets, i force myself to bid and try and make some cash as i'm getting killed just by the rake and blinds, and when i start to at least see the flop, it seems my pockets get better. fishy.

seems like you need to make a choice...poker or World of Warcraft...
Old 10-01-10, 02:39 PM

not a huge fan of AP....lot of sketchy things happen on there...unreal beats and crazy stuff..