Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 05-16-04, 06:00 PM
Ramona / evansongsunsoar

Sam Farha is just beautiful for an older man. I would love to meet him. hehe. He is my favorite player. I love it when he says lets gamble. sends shivers down my back hehe.
Old 05-16-04, 06:00 PM
Adrienne

I saw sammy last week at the Golden Nugget poker "tent". He had a younger woman sitting in a chair behind him. She was patting his back now & then and seemed to be his "girl". Though I'd like to fault him for being with such a young one, I can't. He was as always...impeccably dressed and a gentlemen.
Old 05-17-04, 06:00 PM
ibizakitty

Sammy Farha is awesome! Classy and refined. And I just love it when my fellow Lebanese people are doing well for themselves. He is a star!
Old 05-20-04, 06:00 PM
Moneymaker's no joke

Hey geniuses, check out who just placed 10th at the WSOP Pot limit Omaha tournament...your buddy Chris Moneymaker. I think people need to wake up and realize it's not luck to win this thing, all players need luck, but skill takes it down. Moneymaker recently won another big holdem tournament, and his 10th finish in Omaha also proves he's not a one trick pony. Get a clue haters. Incidentally, Omaha is supposed to be Farha's game but I did not see his name on the money list.
Old 05-22-04, 06:00 PM
MM's a joke alright

He might have finished 10th in Omaha, but he was a first day LOSER in The Big One. New champ this year.
Old 05-23-04, 06:00 PM
QUIT TALKIN SMACK

he won it last year, he isn't johhny chan so what,(he kicked out johhny chan tho) luck cannot win you the whole damn tourney. HE IS ONE OF THE BEST OUT THERE NO MATTER WHAT ALL OF YOU GUYS SAY...oh by the way this is farha's post thingy so yea he's a great player too
Old 05-23-04, 06:00 PM
Help

Wife likes Sam Farha and would like to get a signed picture if possible. Does anyone know how to contact him or any ideas. She has supported me in my involvement with poker so I thought I would do somethin nice for her. Thank you so much for your help in advance. Just respond and I will check back.
Old 05-24-04, 06:00 PM
Snuffdabluff

Well I think Sammy deserves a nickname...what do you think? I suggest the nickname "The Spider" since he spins his web, waits for the kill to come to him, and devourer the prey. Plus I think it has a nice ring to it.Sammy "The Spider" Farha.TMI <W.H.O.P>AkA "Snuffdabluff"
Old 05-24-04, 06:00 PM
chancellor

farha is a real life tony montana
Old 06-03-04, 06:00 PM
susie

Sam Are You Out There!!! Would Love To Hear Some Comments. I Really Love Your Style. When In A.c. Look Me Up.
Old 06-07-04, 06:00 PM
pipman07

Sammy, every time i watch the moneymaker bluff at the final table im like common sammy call call, even though i know how its gonna turn out, tuff play and he is like a statue, hard to read. good luck this year at the wsop
Dogma

his game is the real deal.. classy man deserves the bracelet. but i dont think he cares that much about it
youngone

Sammy is by far one of the better players out there today, his style of play is great and he is a rock hard player. I hope he wins the WSOP soon
highendbroker

Dear Sam Farha, Are you married?
Old 06-19-04, 06:00 PM
stanford

he rocks i loved the way he made hellmuth look the pillock he was in in the wsop 2003
Old 06-20-04, 06:00 PM
shiznit

What about when Farha tried to get a read from Scotty Nguyen with a sorry ass smerk? Nguyen smerked right back and could have beat him playing blind. Nguyen and other top pros outplay this smelly jew all the time - dude plays too many hands.
Old 06-21-04, 06:00 PM
MossyJaw

What the--- No Sammy for 2004! Was really looking forward to seeing him play. Still love ya Sammy.
Old 07-02-04, 06:00 PM
splat

Out of all poker players i thought sammy would be ahead in the money lifetime. Then i heard the comment he made if he won the tittle in 03he would just break even lifetime. I was a little supprised. Oh another thing most WSOP split the pot more evenly behind the cameras. Sammy wanted it all. If he made the deal he would have got another half mill.
Old 07-11-04, 06:00 PM
the truth

this comment is for the moron comment above. farha would have broken even for the trip not lifetime and he didnt need to make a deal, hes a millionaire and has been for some time now, he only plays wsop tourneys and high stakes cash games.
Old 07-18-04, 06:00 PM
SlfMade

Sammy Farha has the best image/look of any poker player. I may emulate him.
Old 07-22-04, 06:00 PM
mo.

sammy farha is the legend of all legends in the world of poker!
Old 07-24-04, 06:00 PM
Hohum

Tournaments... and especially big ones do require luck to win. However, the dead money term exists for a reason. If you don't know what you're doing you don't have any chance at all. The best player doesn't necessarily win but a competent one surely does.
Old 07-30-04, 06:00 PM
Farha sucks at holdem

Therefore I felt like I had about a 20% chance to win the whole thing with 45 players left. However, I was dismayed to find out that Sammy Farhad was drawn to my right at the beginning of day 4, not because I fear him at all (although I believe that he is the best pot limit Omaha player in the world), but because he is very-very reckless in no limit Hold'em (by the way, I love Sammy!). Although I expected Farhad to do more damage to himself then to the other great players, I did witness him take out Tony Dee on day 4, when Farhad played Q-J off suit very poorly.Tony had raised it in middle position with Q-10, and Sammy called with Q-J off suit (I hate his call here before the flop). After a flop of Qh-10h-3d, Tony bet out big, and Sammy called (his call here was OK). On fourth street the 6s came off, and now Tony bet out $40,000, and Sammy called (by now, even the spectators in the hand knew Tony had Q-J beat). At this point Sammy cannot beat any hand at all, and he has to know that Tony is going to bet his last $50,000 on the river if he has Q-J beat. I believe that this adds up to an easy fold for Sammy. However, a jack did hit on the river, and Tony bet his last $50,000, and Sammy called and won.This was a pretty brutal way for Tony to go out! Sammy would have only had about $170,000 left if he hadn't hit the jack on the river against Tony-assuming he called the river. In any case, I thought, "Whoa, I didn't like the way Sammy played that hand at all. He will come after me weak soon, and hopefully give me a bunch of chips."
Old 07-30-04, 06:00 PM
Farha sucks at holdem

That writing above is from philhellmuth.com showing all you farha fans he just got lucky to make it. but he is a great PL omaha player
Old 08-01-04, 06:00 PM
michael

farha is a stud, but clearly he is not at the top of the hold 'em world
Old 08-08-04, 06:00 PM
smash

great poker player and looks like one 2
Old 08-11-04, 06:00 PM
stevo

Althought Sammy hasnt won that much and isnt known that well compared to others, he is a pretty good player and what i like about him the most is that he is difficult to read at times.
Old 08-14-04, 06:00 PM
haffe

isnt Sam farha half irani too??
Old 08-14-04, 06:00 PM
Haffe

I think Sam farha is one of the best poker players out there, because he is very smart, and he has a great pokerface.No one can read him, and he always takes the same time even if he is bluffing or not. Everyone says that he bluffs alot. But Sammy farha doesnt only think of the money, when he plays tournaments he want to play holdem not to play tight like everyone thinks he should do. Thats the different with him, He had fun the whole week in WSOP 2003 and came second. I think that is very strong of him. And Hes Looks doesnt make him a bader pokerplayer if you know what I mean He looks like a maffia typ of guy and He seems very generous, you must have a personality in Poker, like any other sports..
Old 08-15-04, 06:00 PM
poker kid 442

this guy looks like a poker play, bets like a poker player and is a poker player, he could bluff out gus hansen and the same day bust out daniel negraneu. this guy kicks major ass!!