Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 01-30-04, 06:00 PM
shaun

POKER INFO - PROILE - T.J. Cloutier

damn Cloutier, your good, but not good enough for Us 'Younger" players! we play too aggresive for you!!just quit alreay, youre gonna just keep on losin money!!!
Old 02-07-04, 06:00 PM
Brett

I think I've decided that poker is like driving and sex. Everyone thinks they're great at it. T.J. has proven he is one of the best year after year, lets not knock the poor guy for being great at what he does.
Old 02-11-04, 06:00 PM
Bill

Message to Shaun: Son, I dont know you but I am quite sure in saying that if you study hard, work hard and concentrate solely on big bet poker for the rest of your life, you just MIGHT acquire as much knowledge about poker that TJ Cloutier has forgotten already. Its not a knock, just a fact.
Old 02-24-04, 06:00 PM
BillyTSlim

He tunrs my stomech, the way he bluffs people glad I'm not at the table with him. Go Argo's!!!
Old 02-28-04, 06:00 PM
nimrod

i dunno... something about him... doesnt rub me right...it might be that hes old or something
Old 03-24-04, 06:00 PM
matt

T.J. is great, I'm a young player and I realize that he would bust me every day of the week. Whatever that moron said about younger players being too aggressive for him is complete stupidity. And im positive that he wouldn't lose a cent playing with you.
Old 03-25-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

matt..your right that dude is full of shit
Old 04-12-04, 06:00 PM
the dude

i have never heard anything as gay as TJ saying, "You can talk about your hand"Play the game and stop whining
Old 04-26-04, 06:00 PM
Nate71

TJ's the man! Don't mess with him; he's been known to kick the crap out of people before. He's a big dude who's still got mad poker skills.
Old 05-20-04, 06:00 PM
joepro

This is the guy I want to meet. Texas holdem from the OLD SCHOOL. TJ's still the man, I'm sure he could kick anyone's @ss as well. This is a pure poker player through and through.
Old 05-22-04, 06:00 PM
Maverick

TJ "Can I borrow $200" Cloutier is a prime example of why no tourney pro ever amounts to shit. Do you people really think the percent edge any one player has could possibly overcome the tourney fees, tokes, and taxes in the long run?
Old 05-25-04, 06:00 PM
Jammer

Maverick, I've seen you posting here recently, you need to stop! Your posts are horrible, please go to hell! TJ's a millionaire, and he did it through poker.
Old 05-25-04, 06:00 PM
MasterMmmm

All I can say is that I would certainly give TJ 200 bucks for an hours worth of his advice on how to play. So, anyone know where I could get private lessons from TJ, please speak up..
Old 05-26-04, 06:00 PM
WD.

To MasterMmmmm -- Get TJ's Championship No-Limit & Pot Limit Hold 'Em. It's more than an hour's worth of great advice from TJ and Tom McEvoy, and doesn't cost $200. If you are intent on spending the $200, though, send it to me and you can have my copy. I'll even autograph it.
Old 05-26-04, 06:00 PM
JJJ

This "old dude" is one of the most cunning players out there. Had the pleasure of playing him one time at pot-limit omaha. I saw him con five big pots out of players hands and the he slow played me right out of the tourney (and out of the money lol) with pocket jacks when I thought i had his number. No small wonder he's one of the richest and most repected players in the game. Top 10 no doubt, more likely Top 5 best players ever.
Old 05-27-04, 06:00 PM
scavelli

I played a 1,500 no limit tournament at the wsop this year and with 870 entrants, guess who ended up on my left! No shit, it was TJ. He was awesome to talk to and I knew I wasn't going to leave that table without being able to say I went all in on TJ Cloutier. Unfortunately, I chose to do it with Big Slick on the small blind. TJ called my on the big blind with Kings. Another king came on the flop and I thanked him for the lesson. He makes the game look so effortless, like he's barely paying attention. Then he moves in and takes you down. Great guy and great player!
Old 07-02-04, 06:00 PM
splat

It is well known T.J. has backers. He is rich and great no doubt.
Old 07-21-04, 06:00 PM
phillyscr

I sucked at poker - I read his book - now Im average. Thx TJ!
Old 07-23-04, 06:00 PM
Butrow

TJ is struggling these days. Always looking for backers...amazing how these players dont dominate their whole lives. Deep down they're all degenerate gamblers.
Old 07-26-04, 06:00 PM
collector-zone

T.J. chewed my ass at Binions in the craps pit when he put 640 across the place bets, worked them on the come-out, and I rolled a natural 7. I told him that was dumb anyway so he went to another table.
Old 08-03-04, 06:00 PM
backers?

I thought he had steady backing? whats the new news?
Old 08-13-04, 06:00 PM
all in

tj is the best tournament poker player that has ever lived he wins year after year and he should be the 2000 world champ
Old 08-22-04, 06:00 PM
cr_ap

losers, all of your. How can any of you come on here and criticise someone with a track record like Cloutier? Do any of you have a page on here? Anybody ever come close to achieving what he has? lol, idiots
Old 09-04-04, 06:00 PM
Gus is the man

One of the most successful players if not the most successful player in the history of poker.
Old 09-08-04, 06:00 PM
T.J. Cloutier

Has anyone seen ma dentures? ah keep loosin them golshdarn things.
Old 10-01-04, 06:00 PM
ugaisthteam

I love all the people that love to hate great players. You da man TJ!!!!!!
Old 10-09-04, 06:00 PM
RivahQueen

T.J. is a great poker player and no one can realistically argue that he's not. It's a fact that he is a great poker player so all you punks out there who think you know how to play poker and who critize the great poker players who have paved the road in poker so that you can play a respectable game of poker, need to buck up and shut up! Poker is one of the games you get better with with age and experience. I love playing with you young punks.......easy money or dead money as we say in poker. TJ is a great poker player with whom I've had the plesure of playing craps with in Tunica for years. He's not the best craps player but he can roll the heck out of 4s and 10s, the money makers at craps and I've always made money when TJ holds the dice! High limit poker players are more than poker players, they are GAMBLERS and if I have to explain that concept to you then you don't have what it takes to become a world class high limit poker player. You can learn poker, but you can't learn that instinct. Either you have it or you don't, and obviously alot of you posting are idiots.
Old 10-09-04, 06:00 PM
collector-zone

Alot of truth to that post (gambling) but my point was that he didn't know me from Adam, but wanted to yell at me for winning on the pass line, hell, that's what I'm supposed to do!!
Old 10-14-04, 06:00 PM
Jim / Mago

Interesting how aggressive the young players are. I play in a regular game here in Dallas and am up against some of the most aggressive players I have ever witnessed. Funny how they go all in on a J 5 or an A 6 and they win a few dollars. Then when they get a pasir of sixes they bet and then go all in on the flop... with two over cards in the board. Yeah, aggressive alright, but stupid. The stronger players ( read old players) take the pot more times than they win. The young players get up and say, "but I had a pocket pair." Well damn, why did you bet? read T.J.'s book. There is a lot of great wisdom and advice in there. Wait, don't read it. You just might learn a few things. Keep up the aggressive play and you will only play your way out of the money in tournaments and never rise to the top like T. J. Using T.J.'s ideas and advice I have entered 6 tournaments and have won 3. Made the final table 2 other times and knocked out early the other. BTW, I don't rebuy...
Old 10-19-04, 06:00 PM
Ablackwind

I admire TJ Cloutier tremendously. A world class top player who's accomplishments and reputation stand for themselves. It would be a tremendous honor to ever have the chance to meet him. Mr. Cloutier also has something that many of the above peoples posts dont have and they havent a clue about. "STYLE, CLASS AND MANNERS. Thank you Tj for the inspiration to keep at it...maybe one day..I just may get THAT chance to meet you.