Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 06-06-04, 06:00 PM
Raiden_Fox

POKER INFO - PROILE - Greg Raymer

Obviously he's a good player, and even admitted he got lucky. You have to get lucky...a lot...to win the WSOP. Greg played a great tourney and the cards fell for him. Congrats!
Old 06-16-04, 06:00 PM
jon

Stupid glasses...grow up!
Old 06-20-04, 06:00 PM
krolek

he played well, but will we ever see a big name win the wsop again or will it just be online junkies who spent 22 hours a day playing at ultimatebet. I'd like to see one of the Phils or MEn the master win 2005.
Old 06-22-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Nice glasses...do they make a MANS version of your shades?
Old 06-28-04, 06:00 PM
sportsbettor

seriously, this dude did his homework. another sklansky clone who did it by reading, not instinct.
Old 07-02-04, 06:00 PM
splat

Half of the 5 mill belongs to his backers. He himself made that statement 24 hours after his win.
Old 07-06-04, 06:00 PM
Scotty2Hotty

Greg those are poker chips not potato chips. Dont eat them!!!
Old 07-08-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Most of these posts just go to show how many kids have taken an interest in poker!
Old 08-01-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

who knew freeroll quality players could win. Greg Raymer Sucks If I Hit A 2 Outer 50 Times In A Tourney Like Lim I Would Of Won The WSOP. I've Read About Some Of His Key Hands And Online Freeroll Players Do The Same..But Congrats. I Heard HungryMan Is Making Him The New Spokesman Try Some Stacker2 Buddy.
Old 08-23-04, 06:00 PM
handz

haaaaaaaaaaa bunch of whiney loserz c'mon he won 5 million your just mad cuz u can't beat your mom with dimes and quarters hahahahahah hes living easy now
Old 08-30-04, 06:00 PM
Mike/X/gmat00

I played against Greg raymer in Foxwoods on the unlimited pot Limit table about a year ago. He is friendly, polite, courteous and an Excellent Player. I spoke with him about some of his Biotech patent deals that he was part of and I took a few nice pots from him too : ). He wasnt a big name then like he is now. On Tv he was the same perfect gentlemen and he is as good as any player out there.
Old 09-02-04, 06:00 PM
pokerface

Stop whining. Good lord this is really getting silly. Do you homework and mathmatics folks. No matter how great a professional is when the field is at 2000+ players the degree of luck to make the final table increases quite significantly. There. Now you know why it is difficult for ANYONE to win the WSOP with a field that large. It's the SIZE OF THE FIELD that determines the chances of good players making that final table. The smaller the field at any even. The better chance the better players have of making it. It's really simple. Basic statistics. You can buy a book at borders and do the mathmatics yourself. However, you shouldn't have to. Use some common sense. Stop whining. The professionals will still win most tournaments with 500 or less players but online players and players in general are getting skilled much more quickly with the advent of the computer and internet gaming. Get over it. It doesen't take years of experience to get good at NL HOldem. You just need a willing student that will devour any knowledge they can get there hands on. You guys are making this way to complex for your own good.
smash

give me 5 million and u can make fun of me all u want
Dyreekio

last year when moneymaker won it, everyone was gettin down on him just cuz they're jealous. now this guy wins it and everyones ...jealous of course, grow up you poker noobs. and his glasses are sweet
Old 09-12-04, 06:00 PM
Shakin Joe

Greg Raymer was my fraternity brother. His nickname in college was Rambo!! Greg was a good guy in college, and very smart.
Old 09-12-04, 06:00 PM
DaddyBigDawg

$5,000,000. 'Nuff said. U idiots r gonna knock urselves if u win the world title so shut up. DBD likes the fossilman, $$$maker & any1 who runs the table & wins a world title. U morons gonna take shots @ DBD when I win the world title &$ 10,000,000 next year? Wouldn't shock me or surprise me.
Old 09-14-04, 06:00 PM
carrythezero

Fossilman's glasses are up for sale for those looking to scare their opponents. [url]http://www.fossil-man.com/[/url]
Old 09-14-04, 06:00 PM
Ken.

After watching this guy on TV, I must say that although he doesn't have the appeal of Dutch Boyd, mystique of Brunson, respect like John Chan, or the appeal of some other players.....Raymer is a class act. And even though he took out sooooooooooooooooo many players at the 2004 WSOP. He did it in class with words of encouragment and a handshake.*Cheers goes to Raymer* Even though I was rooting for David Williams.
Old 09-16-04, 06:00 PM
pocket7s

well i know he was lucky alot but i really dont know how good he is but he probably spent the 5 million with his fat wife at ihop
Old 09-18-04, 06:00 PM
chayden247

What type of crystals was gre wearing on the final table???
Old 09-19-04, 06:00 PM
Moe

If any of you knew any thing other than on-line wimpy poker, you would have realized his skill. Of course theres luck, everyone has to have some, but it's the skill that eliminates the men from the wimpy on-line boys.......
Old 09-21-04, 06:00 PM
Ugly Stick

did yall know that he was backed by some loan sharks and only got 35 % of the 5 million
Old 09-23-04, 06:00 PM
Pokrstudent

To all the assholes (especially pocket7s):Talk-the-talk, AFTER walking-the-walk...until then S.T.F.U.
Old 09-24-04, 06:00 PM
BillyBob

Oh, come on. Greg was lucky. No doubt a solid player as well. But thats what it takes to win against 2500 people. I doubt any amount of skill can overcome those odds. But the really amazing thing was "Action" Dan Harrington coming in 4th after coming in 3rd in '03. Now, that is a feat.
Old 09-24-04, 06:00 PM
pocket7s

man pokerstudent your the asshole your the the who needs to s.t.f.u im only 16 and im already winning big money in poker and if i got to sit down at a table with this im pretty sure i could bust himbut since im 16 i cant "walk the walk" at the wsop or i would
Old 09-25-04, 06:00 PM
pocket9s

7s.. i would bust u on the first hand u played boy
Old 09-26-04, 06:00 PM
Pokrstudent

16.....LMAO.....16....pocket7s, that explains it. I got a deck of cards older than you...16 yo...LOL. Why don't you and your "big money" bum a ride off your Mom and go buy a slurpee...
pocket7s

i dont need to bum a ride of my mom faggot you know the pathetic thing is you think age matters in poker it doesnt you can play poker and get better at it but some people were just born with great poker instinct and by the way i wonder what kind a games you play im sure there not big money either so get off my back alright oh and by the way 100,000 dollars in one night is big money bet you werent makin that kind of money when you 16 so i do play for big money
Pokrstudent

7s -- 1st off it was ' bum a ride "OFF" your Mom' not OF...what a fucking moron...Oh and by the way here's a hint, the Freeplay on that KiddiePoker.com or Kids_R_US_poker.com or wherever the hell you pretend to play doesn't count. Go back to playing with your dolls and stop pretending like you know what you're talking about!!! DWY
Old 09-27-04, 06:00 PM
pocket7s

kiddie poker, ive played with the likes of ted forrest, dave devilfish ulliot, daniel negreanu so kiddie poker not quite, i play in some of the bigger games, so whatever