Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk

Notices

Old 07-12-05, 06:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to FergyFan315
should i have done this?

i had 6-3 suited and was in the big blind and checked. the flop was Js-10s-5s. i bet and had one caller. the turn was a 8s. i bet. my opponent raised me, i called. the river was a 3c. my opponent went all-in. i thought about it, i thought" does he have a better flush then me, i mean i only have a Jack high flush with a pretty bad second card from my hand." so i thought he had a better flush and i said" i am gonna lay this monster down"(i do this everytime i lay down a big hand cause i love Rounders) so i showed him my flush. he turned over jacks and 10's. i know i lost the pot but was this the right move, should i have thought he had the better flush.
Old 07-12-05, 06:35 PM
Administrator

I would have laid it down. And I would have went all-in on the flop.
Old 07-12-05, 07:20 PM

i didnt want to go all-in because it would be too obvious of what i would of had and i thought if i bet but not all-in that i would have more callers and a bigger pot(cause i figured no one would call if i went all-in)
Old 07-13-05, 01:14 AM
Administrator

That's the thing - you dont want callers here. You are letting them draw out on you. And going all in isn't nessesarily giving away your made flush. Most players with a made flush will bet medium. By betting strong you make it look like you have a strong hand like pocket Kings and you are trying to protect it. You need to bet huge and then the other player has 2 choices:

They can fold and have a 0% chance of winning the hand or
Call all-in and have a 33% chance (or whatever the flush % is).

By letting them draw cheaply you are letting them hit their hand while you have a hand that is hard to lay down.
Old 07-13-05, 08:49 AM

its 35%(just having some fun this is to no offense to u) thanks for the tip.
Old 07-13-05, 02:44 PM
Administrator

I hate flopping baby flushes and going allin and making nothing but you gotta take the small profit and be happy. With baby suited connectors I would much rather flop a flush draw and try to hit it on the turn and river.