Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 06-15-04, 06:00 PM
Some random guy

OK, you are an idiot if you don't understand why robert could not fold KK. Even if you suspect your opponent has AA, you can never fold kk preflop. ITs just one of those things you have to suck up, and hope for some luck. Folding KK preflop is stupid in any situation. If your opponent does have AA, it was destiny that you lose.
Some random guy

extremely lucky to win? I don't know what wsop you guys watched, but that man didn't get lucky at all. His call with QT was a great play.. Did you not see his stack size??? AAHHH yes you must have forgot the great wall of china he had.. Do you know anything about tournament poker? The goal is to knock out players.. Especially shorthanded
Howard Lederer fan

Actually the goal in tournament play isn't to knock out players, unless its down to heads up....the goal is to build your chip count. Knocking out players isn't something that true pros actually care about.
Old 06-19-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Comparisons 2 Him And Chris Moneymaker None Chris Is Miles Better Wot Has The Joker Done After His Lucky Wsop Win Nothing Im Jealous 2.5million Richer This Man Is A Joke
Old 06-19-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Hope And I Mean Hope For All Fancy A Heads Up
Old 06-20-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

NERD NERD NERD NERD...the only WSOP champion that is worthless!
Old 06-20-04, 06:00 PM
VABORIS

The one person he suspected of holding AA was Scotty Nguyen. It was the 1st day of the tourney and chip stacks were low. That statement about never being able to fold KK just cost Varkhoni all his checks.
Old 06-28-04, 06:00 PM
sportsbettor

Good luck everybody! Goes to show that any MIT dummy can win at poker if they read a few books.
Old 07-04-04, 06:00 PM
brian

i cannot believe sum one actually said robert might be the BEST OF ALL TIME. i guess that guy hasnt heard of stu ungar, johnny chan, or doyle brunson.
Old 07-10-04, 06:00 PM
mrnoluv

This is the luckiest poker player ever. Who the hell has a poker coach anyway??? I can't see Doyle Brunson at the 78 WSOP glancing into the stands looking for Amarillo Slim say, "I have 78 suited, what do I do now?" This guy is a human joke and a worse poker player. Goes to show you that luck plays a huge part in winning a big tournament. I'm pretty sure I bet that guy in a home game in Pasadena.
Old 07-11-04, 06:00 PM
gotubeat

im from brooklyn and i thinkl u stink if your in the area i will love to take your cash u stink cant belive uwon a game that important
Old 07-13-04, 06:00 PM
herman007

This guy is a FISH.
Old 07-13-04, 06:00 PM
Roy Batty

His new nickname should be Moby Dick...The Worlds Biggest Fish.
Old 07-14-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-04, 06:00 PM
BruddahV

Lets face it... He may not be one of the best of all time but... what they show on the final table is a very small portion of the whole tournament. Could you possibly imagine how many times this guy would have to get lucky to get to the final table with a field of that many players? Luck plays only a very small part of it. Everyone has to remember when he was at the final table he was the only amatuer playing among a school of sharks. Not to mention he was the short stack. And as for him going all-in with KK suspecting that the BLUFF MASTER Scotty Ngyuen had AA, turn the roles around, put KK in Scotty's hand and AA in Robert's hand. Does everyone think that Scotty would've folded even if he suspected that Robert had AA? Has anyone ever seen anyone fold KK on TV before the flop? I've watched just about all of the shows and I've got to say I never have. I know if I had KK pre-flop and someone like BLUFF MASTER Scotty Ngyuen raised me all-in even if I suspected he had AA...I WOULD CALL WITH OUT A DOUBT. You not only play the cards but you play the plyer too. Scotty Ngyuen bluffs way too much to fold KK!!STU UNGAR...BY FAR SECOND TO NONE.
Old 08-01-04, 06:00 PM
He Is An Lucky Fish

In The 2002 WSOP he called Hellmuth's allin with Q10 before the flop what kind of idiot calls there chips off with that crap
Old 08-01-04, 06:00 PM
I Must Be A Poker God

If Varkonyi is the greatest poker player of all time i must be a poker god and i only play $5/10 holdem on Ultimatebet You Must Be An idiot to believe he even deserves to be on the top 10,000 players all time list
Old 08-02-04, 06:00 PM
jp27

Listen Up! He has more WSOP Braclets than all of you idiots combined. Luck is part of poker and he won the main event with luck, yes but who hasn't. It took his skill to get him there. He could take any one of you heads up
Old 08-05-04, 06:00 PM
JP27 SMD

JP27 your an idiot he sucks the WSOP Main Event is the most over rated tourney just cause win that your a great player?Get real if your consistently the best like Ivey and Hellmuth then your great
Old 08-10-04, 06:00 PM
jp27

Hey JP27 SMD when was the last time you won $2.5 million playing poker or a WSOP Braclete
Old 08-10-04, 06:00 PM
The Corporation - Will

Doyle said he sucks he doesn't know how he won the WSOP. What Doyle says goes man, this guy blows.
Old 08-13-04, 06:00 PM
all in

doyle said he sucked after varkhoni knocked him out
Old 08-18-04, 06:00 PM
Artist

This guy was in the revenge of the nerds !!!
Old 08-22-04, 06:00 PM
Someone

Varkonyi sux and he just got very lucky like moneymaker did.
Old 09-03-04, 06:00 PM
None of your business

Look I don't like the guy's game at all but you all are misqouting him. He said that he knew Scotty Nguyen had ace's after he called his all in bet. He never said he knew he had aces before he went all in. Obviously there was nothing he could do after his all in bet was called.
Old 09-13-04, 06:00 PM
Doyle Brunson

I said no such thing. I never said he "sucked". I said that he was an amatuer (which he was) and I dont know how he made it that far in 2002. It wasn't a degradative comment. I personally didn't think he was that good and luck played a big part. But we all get better. Thats the beauty of Poker. Anyone can win.
Old 09-14-04, 06:00 PM
Rick

Very big nerd.
Old 09-18-04, 06:00 PM
Gnar Balls

This dude is gnarly! I heard he's part of Dutch Boyds crew now....
Old 09-28-04, 06:00 PM
Smitty Brunson

Who is this jackoff and what has he done lately?
Old 10-12-04, 06:00 PM
Buca Bear.

Living proof that every dog has his day and 15 minutes of fame. Can probably beat the average Joe fairly consistantly but against the big boys he found his needle in the haystack.