Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 07-20-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Doyle Brunson sucks ass. I saw him at a WPT final table and he was making the most stupid plays like he just couldn't care less. He eventually went all-in with like 6-Q or some junk when he wasnt desperately short-stacked and got called by 2 others with better hands. He just doesnt give a toss.
JetsFan315

lets see u play Doyle and see who sucks. have u ever read Super/System it helps allot. and u cant say a man with 10 WSOP bracelets sucks.
therod15230

hi my name is JOE PASQUALE i been a fan of Mr Brunson to me he is texas holdem!! he is a leagend and he has so much class i really admire him he is just a inspiration is there anyway can Mr Brunson send me a autograph picture i would treasure it foreverGOD BLESSJOE PASQUALE347 MIDLAND AVEMIDLAND,PA.15059
Old 07-21-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

he is a legend but even poker players lose there edge
Old 07-21-05, 06:00 PM
JetsFan315

doyle has not lost his edge, he won his tenth bracelet this year.
Old 07-27-05, 06:00 PM
max

ron ur not correct about anything
Old 07-29-05, 06:00 PM
Huge Fan of Dolly

Doyle, big fan. Wish I would've picked up your book years ago & moved out to Vegas. Keep going! Long live Doyle!
doyle brunson

I Am A Poker God!!!!!!!!
Msrosie96

I just started playing Poker this year and have really gotten into it. I enjoy watching Doyle play and I respect him Highly, and wouldnt even mind playing against him one time. I respect him highly and love to see him smile,Although a few hands that he has gone all in didnt make sense to me Im sure he had a good reason. Keep Smiling Doyle and live long Love ya. Msrosie
Old 07-31-05, 06:00 PM
JetsFan315

Quote:
Posted by: Huge Fan of Dolly on Jul 30, 2005 - Doyle, big fan. Wish I would've picked up your book years ago & moved out to Vegas. Keep going! Long live Doyle!
trust me u didnt want to buy it YEARS AGO it was like $100

Last edited by HPG ADMIN; 03-24-13 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-02-05, 06:00 PM
dolly

when doyle goes all in with crappy hands and plays not very good ones it's because he is trying to pick up the smaller pots and the blinds, his moto is win all the big pots and take all the small ones uncontested, he's just sticking to his game plan ( and after all he's done it looks like a pretty good one to me) Read Super Systems 1 or 2 it explains all this
Old 08-04-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Mr BRunson your the man with clout could you start a petition or talk with the head honchos at harrahs to change the format of the main event to a mixed games format that way its not a new online nugget winning it every year thanks it will also help in reducing the field cuz most only play hold em like its the only game out there thanks mr brunson
Old 08-07-05, 06:00 PM
JetsFan315

too bad i have no clue who THE FUCK U R. and by the way, lets look at the facts of who is the idiots, lets see here, thinking doyle brunson a 10 BRACELET WINNER sucks and that Gus Hanson sucks and that pretty much every pro is horrible, yet ur the one playing play money on ur mommys computer.
Old 08-11-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

you see Brunson play Watkinson like a little bitch
Old 08-14-05, 06:00 PM
PR.

Doyle Is KING. He's done more for poker than anybody. Screw all those who critisize this LEDGEND.
Old 08-19-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Brunson = hasn't even hit his prime
Old 08-20-05, 06:00 PM
boobman113

doyle i suck can u help
Old 08-21-05, 06:00 PM
JetsFan315

boob, read super/system and super/system 2
Old 08-23-05, 06:00 PM
I BUSTED HIM UP

Poor Doyle, I Busted Him Up. Hes In The Bb Wtih Q 7. The Flop Comes Q-7-4, He Bets 3500 (we Just Started With 10k In Chips), I Call, Next Card Is A Jack, He Bets 2000, Next Card Is A 2, He Bets 2 Or 3k More......i Was Holding 4-4. People Watching Were Pretty Much Boing Me Cuz I Beat The Master With Dumb Luck. Ever Since Then, My Lucky Hand Now, 4-4, Has Won, No Joke, 24-29 Times That Ive Played It. Guess Its Due To Lose
Old 08-26-05, 06:00 PM
Got Lucky

If you even busted him which i doubt it was luck.
Old 08-28-05, 06:00 PM
Jack Runner jrrunner

It is a known and well published fact that he and chip Reese are two of the biggest cheats ever known in poker and the poker room manager Doug Dalton cheated Andy Beal out of several million with hidden cameras in the big game at Bellagio. With Dalton being the master mind of it.
Old 08-29-05, 06:00 PM
igotnoluck

Poker Legend. Super System's great! Don't think anyone posting here will ever be able to criticize any play he ever makes with any authority - He's just too damn good!
Old 08-26-06, 08:23 PM

long live doyle!!

he is the best poker player, and no one can really argue with that !!
Old 08-27-06, 06:22 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to extremekaratekid
doyle brunson bet poker player alive today.

no one can compare to this man 72 and still young. 10 bracelet winer and best poker player around!!!!!!
Old 11-04-06, 11:43 AM

He beat fields of 22 & 34, sucking out on the turn and river
with the worst hands both times....screw all those phoney bracelets, with fields of under 150...His best win ever was
in 2005 at the ledgens w/ 667 entries...then 2005 WSOP 6 handed per table w/301 entries....WSOP braclets with 150+ entries are only(3)w/150+...Chan with(5)w/150+ Hellmuth with eight(8) w/150+
Hellmuth's average field 324 entries..Chan 224. Brunson 221

Hellmuth is the most sucessful tournament Hold'em player by
far, as well as the most sucessful bracelet winner in the WSOP period!....All of his braclets are NLH-LH-PLH, whereas
Brunson included in his short fields is a piece of garbage
mixed doubles title (total BS), and Chan beat Hellmuth is a
"Heads-up" piece of garbage tournament.
Old 11-06-06, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Wow. That was the most retarded thing I've ever read in my life. How is it that Phil Helmuth is the best tournement player ever. All his wins HAVE been in holdem'. Meaning, if he is in any other event he's not much of a threat. You seem to think that larger fields of players equal higher quality of player, but these fields are filled with the most ignorant players I've ever seen. The Main Event has become nothing more then a lottery. Name one champion in the past few years that wasn't at one point all-in and behind, only to draw out and double up. The fact is that when you are playing heads up you have to play a lot more hands, and Doyle Brunson is good enough to win with out making a hand, so there was no reason for him to fold just because "he didn't have it." Plus he flopped top pair both times then made two pair on the turn. If you're a person that will just give up top pair heads up, you should even be playing. Doyle is an aggressive player and would have played second pair if he thought it was right. This person makes it sound like Doyle called an all-in with just a gutshot on the turn. So if you think Doyle Brunson is overrated, then get a couple hundred thousand, play him heads up, and see what happens.
Old 11-08-06, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

to beener

beener in reference to your "he's been gettin his ass kicked in big games lately" lemme remind you of something out of a multi-thousand person field out of the several times you get all your money in you have to escape a multiple of bad beats even gettin your money in a 4-1 favorite 4 times obviously your gonna lose 1. The horse game he made the final table. Doyle is the man lol
Old 11-15-06, 10:41 PM

It's apparant that you were educated in Public Schools!.......
I SAID HELLMUTH WAS THE MOST SUCESSFUL HOLD'EM TOURNAMENT
PLAYER, then you go on about other games.
Old 11-15-06, 10:54 PM

For your information, Raymer and Gold were never all-in, when
all their chips were at risk!...That's how you play the monster stacks, and you will get beat some hands, and ypu'll draw out with the worst hand...but if you have (ie) 800,00, and your opponents have 100,000, you're not risking your chips, until you lose 3/4 of these types of "all-in"...Once Raymer and Gold got the big stack, they kept looking for these types of opportunities...AND THEY MADE IT WORK FOR THEM!....You have the wrong idea about this game.
Old 11-30-07, 02:44 PM

I agree with ?????. Hellmuth is THE GREATEST TOURNAMENT HOLD EM PLAYER EVER!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!

And pay no mind to that idiot, "unregistered" who obviously has no clue on how to play "big stack poker" since he's never had the big stack in any tournament he's ever played at, obviously.

I've played in house games with bigger tournamnets than 22 and 34 people. Still, Brunson is a legend and was probably the best player of his era (which was the dark age) LOL!