Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > Poker Journals

Notices

Old 11-16-04, 02:09 AM

fossilman152's Journal

Old 11-16-04, 02:09 AM

never go all in with a potentially beaten hand

I was in a big multi-table tourney tonight and it had just started and there was some guy who was just bluffing worse than arier. So u know i was dealt pocket 9s so i said i was going to wait to see the flop before i make a move and on the flop comes 2c 7d 9s so the bluffer went in 280 so i raised to all in. then when he flipped his cards over he showed pocket As i felt a sigh of relief and the it happened on the turn up popped an ace and i got knocked out.
Old 02-19-05, 08:17 PM

Re: never go all in with a potentially beaten hand

Fossilman, you made exactly the right play. You were going to be called - a pair of Aces is hard to lay down, but with two cards to come, you were a 24-to-one favorite to win. In that situation, if you made the same move with $1000 24 times, you\'d win $23,000. Don\'t feel bad because you lost one - this is a game of recognizing and exploiting advantages, the small ones and the big ones. The element of risk exists, sure, but you have to be willing to lose $1,000 to win $23,000, otherwise you shouldn\'t be playing the game!

GL and don\'t sweat the bad beats - if you get sucked out on, it means you played the hand correctly.