Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk

Notices

Old 07-13-05, 05:14 PM
Administrator

How many times have you ever gotten a royal flush?

Where was it at? What limits were you playing? Did you get a high hand bonus?

I got one at the pokerclub.com and got a $250 high hand bonus.
Old 07-13-05, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

I've gotten two both at Pokerroom.com and got a high hand bonus or "Royal Bonus" for both of them. The Bonus is equivalent to 100 times the big blind and I was playing 2 5 nl so I recieved 500 dollars both times. I flopped a royal flush the first time with AQ of clubs.... and the second time was two weeks later and i chased to the river to hit the A of hearts while two other players made full houses on that card. I had KQ of hearts with a 10 J J two heart flop and chased just hoping. It wasn't really a chase because I got great pot odds the whole time and a Q hit the turn giving me top pair.
Old 07-13-05, 06:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to FergyFan315
how many times have i gotten a royal flush? 0, zip, nodda. the best hand of my life was a straight flush 6 to the 10 of clubs.
Old 07-13-05, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Royal flush

I have gotten one royal flush playing Omaha and a few straight flushes in Omaha and in texas Holdem. In fact my boy Adrian got a royal flush on the river to break my full house.
Old 07-13-05, 09:14 PM
Administrator

" It wasn't really a chase because I got great pot odds "

thats an interesting statement because I sometimes forget that if you include the high hand bonus then you probably always have pot odds to draw to a royal flush
Old 07-14-05, 05:13 AM
Unregistered

I've never had a Royal but I've had two straight flushes both on Pokerroomin sng's.

The first one, I was playing 8c-9c. Flop came down 10c, 7c, Ad. Two people both made mediocre bets. I called. Jc came down. Massive raises. River was the 6c... (Overkill if you ask me) :-) So now I've hit the 6-J Royal. First guy goes nuts betting. He had AcJs, hitting his two pair and his Ace High Flush. Second guy moves all in. He had A7os. I move all in. All three call. I was on the short stack so I triple up.

Second one, was similar but I hit to the King. I had Kh9h. Flop came QH 10h 3s. Check. Turn was a rag. Check. River came Jh. Other guy had pocket 8's, was on a short stack and was afraid I was slow playing him with overcards.
Old 07-14-05, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

I have had one Royal playing at AP and only one other time a st8 flush playing online. I have been playing online for well over a year. Brick and mortar I was playing at the Flamingo in Vegas in January and got a Queen high str8 flush...should have been good enough for high hand of the day, worth 900.00 dollars at the time, but the manager came over and said what a time to get this hand...there are 2 Royal flushes in front of you. WOW!!! and people question the validity of online play. It happens folks. Well I went back the next day and collected my 250.00 for 3rd place in high hand of the day. Which was still cool.
Old 10-28-05, 04:24 PM

Never...

However, I have hit a straight flush to the 5, J, and K before.
Old 01-08-06, 09:18 PM

Royals

I've had 2 in 1 year, but I play a lot. My favorite on is that I had ATof clubs and the flop was JQK of clubs...I flopped teh royal. Not only did i triple up on the hand by calling the raisers, I got a 100 bonus from the site.

Yes
Old 01-09-06, 01:20 AM
Administrator

Royal flush bonuses are nice. I try to get home games that I play in to get a royal flush jackpot going where you pay just $1 at the beginning of the night to be added to the cumulative pot. The game can go a year without someone getting one but it is nice to hit a $200 jackpot in a $1 poker game though. It adds alot of excitement to the game and makes you draw when you have 4 to a royal even if you know you are way behind in the hand.
Old 10-23-08, 07:58 AM

Royal Flushes

I have had (5) I played and (1) I folded.......4 in clubs, 1 in Spades......several straight flushes. Got paid last week on one @ Stix. All of mine (Royal Flushes) have been in live tournaments and are documented. Trouble is, all but 1 was in free poker games played in APL Events (Amateur Poker League based in Wichita, Ks) Favorite one was at The Chalet......held 10,j clubs. Flop comes A,Q,K.......chec'd it till 2 more caught their flushes on the river then called their all-ins.....only had to beat a 9 high flush to win. (I am 59 and have played a bunch of hands in past 5 years since I retired so it aint that hard if you see enough flops!)
Old 10-24-08, 10:25 AM

Folded?

So you folded a royal flush? Why? Please explain.

mike
Old 10-24-08, 09:07 PM
Administrator

I assume maybe he meant folded before the flop.
Old 10-25-08, 07:14 PM

folded a royal???

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomePokerGames Admin View Post
I assume maybe he meant folded before the flop.
Yes, you assume correctly......I was in 2nd position and a tight player went all-in early in the game (about 5th hand) I had KJ Of clubs and folded to an all-in 6500.00 bet (chips, not cash) Player in last position called with JK offsuit....flop came Qclubs, 10 hearts 10 clubs.....turn was 8 diamonds and river the Ace of clubs.....pocket aces caught the boat on the river and beat the treetop straight..but wouldnt have beat my RF....didnt look like a good call when I folded it at all!
Old 10-27-08, 10:03 AM

Oh, so you didn't have a royal flush. lol

I can't count how many times I hear people say, "Man, if I would've stayed in, blah blah blah" It just doesn't count once you fold, sorry.

mike
Old 02-10-09, 03:14 PM

online is bull shi- do not play its all fixed find a home game

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomePokerGames Admin View Post

Where was it at? What limits were you playing? Did you get a high hand bonus?

I got one at the pokerclub.com and got a $250 high hand bonus.
do not play @ fulltilt most of all i played them all its all fixed 1st thing we need to do is find them cook them and eat them if you fixs a home game the ppl will kill you lets hope i get on the wsopoker this year so i can get the son of bitc-s beat the hell out of them on TV and let all the ppl no whats up one more time do not do not play on line and good luck @ the poker tables mikethegod ny