Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 03-04-04, 06:00 PM
Tom Delgado

ONLINE POKER - SITE - PokerStars

Software is excellent, there are good freeroll tournaments every few hours, and I enjoy the overall atmosphere of the pokerroom. EXCELLENT site.
Old 05-15-04, 06:00 PM
Phil McCracken

EXCELLENT site, great tournaments
Old 05-25-04, 06:00 PM
MasterMmmm

I have to say that I havce not played too many sites, but this is definitely the best by far.
Old 05-27-04, 06:00 PM
PokerFoos

There are so many players here, it is a royal pain to enter any of the freerolls. You are competing against 3000 people, and then the top 9 get free entry into another tournament at the end of the week. Often, this tournament is a different game than the one you beat to get to it. Needless to say, it takes a long time to play in a freeroll here. One cool thing is you can upload your own picture and everyone at the table sees it. If you are looking for freerolls, look elsewhere.
Old 06-19-04, 06:00 PM
james

THIS IS THE BEST SITE ON THE NET. I UESED TO PLAY AT PARTYPPOKER But now i play at pokerstars because of the freerolls. I mean i won a freeroll. Then won the tourney that i got in to free. And i got a 100 dollars. Ive turned that 100 dollars into 18000. Partpoker do not have freerolls. They have multi table play money tourneys. Where if u win all u get is like 12000 dollars in playmoney. That weak. Parypoker is garbage compared to Pokerstars. JAMES P.S 4 OUT OF THE FINAL 9 AT THE 2004 WSOP CAME FROM POKERSTARS. THAT STANDS FOR SOMETHING. NEARLY HALF THE FINAL TABLE CAME FROM POKERSTARS. WHAT GREAT PLAYERS THEY HAVE.
Old 07-02-04, 06:00 PM
stupid joe

where is a good place for freerolls? thanks in advance i like pokerstars, but they pulled my chat priv without a warning
Old 07-07-04, 06:00 PM
kk.

Everyone's favorite. The best interface and best customer service. Tons of reloads. The only reason i dont give it a 10 is because the players here are the best online. This is bad if you want to make money. It is goo dif you want to develop skills and move your game to a higher level (the last 2 WSOP champs came from Stars)
Old 07-13-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Great support, good software, OK games as they are full of very good players which makes things tough.
Old 07-16-04, 06:00 PM
evilhemp76

I like pokerstars. But a few details bother me. Like absolute poker, they only let you change your pic once,which i dont understand. They only allow one account per computer which baffles me also. They dont let you cancel your first account either if you want to start a new one. Good cards dont seem to matter because pokerstars has the most bad beats ive ever seen on a poker site. Pokerstars has good promos,freerolls and decent software and support. To bad they dont fix the minor problems and give the user more control over their account.
Old 07-16-04, 06:00 PM
chitowncubs

I would have to say Pokerstars.com #1 in my book. I've played at so many sites its unreal. They offer so many different tourneys. Which include freerolls , rebuys , WSOP etc.. They have about 3 freerolls each day. They are nice , but way to hard to win. So many people. Like 6000 + each freeroll and the only thing u get is top 9 to another tourney. Not a good deal. They have alot of tables starting at pennys going up to like 100/200 the high rollers. Just an A++ site.
Old 07-20-04, 06:00 PM
wenturi2

For anyone who says that pokerstars players are the best, they are way off. The best players may come from pokerstars, but they are rare in the field. Plus both WSOP winners aren't even considered good players on pokerstars. Pokerstars sends such a huge field they are bound to get the winners. The worst players are also on pokerstars bc it is so popular. Ultimate bet has the most experienced players overall. For multi table tourneys, Pokerstars is by far #1.
Old 08-21-04, 06:00 PM
puritania

Nice graphics, but i have never had this many bad beats for huge pot sizes.
Old 09-14-04, 06:00 PM
lyle

great all around, but without warning or explanation my plaing privledges were revoked.
Old 09-23-04, 06:00 PM
K0beace

great site, only thing is the one accont per somputer and the bad beats
Old 10-04-04, 06:00 PM
ToeJamX

Great site, trying to win real cash through freerolls is an impossible task though. If ps would do something like ultimatebet's jackpot this site would be the best there is. The player's here are very, very tough. I put in 100 real dollars about three weeks ago and have managed to turn that into 500, but it's been a slow go. One other thing I've noticed is the winning/losing streaks. I guess that's the way the game goes, but I've played for 6 straight hours in a split game, and not won a single pot. Then again, I've won 15 (no lie) pots in a row in an 8 player game. This seems a bit strange to me.
Old 10-05-04, 06:00 PM
zagmar

by far the best poker room i have played at. the only problem is that the site is full of sore losers. more so than other poker sites. great graphics. recommend for everyone, except people that cant deal with losing their money!!!
Old 10-16-04, 06:00 PM
jew

i turned 1 dollar into over 4,000. doesnt that say enough? its easy as hell to make thousands
Old 10-16-04, 06:00 PM
vegasholdem.tripod.com

decent site; could be better if they had minitabs.
Old 10-25-04, 06:00 PM
the truth

Good software which encourages good players to the site which makes for lousy ring games. Not a good place for beginners or those trying to build a bankroll.
Old 11-11-04, 06:00 PM
mitch

i do not like the 9 player tables ithink 10 or 6 would be better. i would like to see cheaper tables. and a help card for learners. but the games are all great. and the wait time is short if you want a game. i also do not like having to play multi turnies if i am in one and the other starts i want a choice to cancle the latter.
Old 11-26-04, 06:00 PM
Doc3

Great Site probably one of my favorites. Only problem I see is the tournaments can get way too large and Im not talking about the freerolls but the actual money tournaments. Yah its great if you place, but competing against 1K to 3K of players is ridiculous. Otherwise theres not much else to complain about.
Old 11-27-04, 06:00 PM
ShaZongVang

Good poker site. One of my favorites. Good tourneys and poker play. Also you can add a picture. Good stuff. A+
Old 11-28-04, 06:00 PM
Storer52

too many bad beats
Old 12-01-04, 06:00 PM
AstroHeader

They still rule the online poker world. They have class and follow through on payouts. More than I can say for other sites, hmmm hmmm Party?? hmmm hmmm Sorry got bad payouts caught in my throat.
Old 12-05-04, 06:00 PM
daniel, dan, dannyw2252

i like the site, it has good software and alot of nice tournys. they could fix a coouple of things like the bad beats( u should never lose wiht 4 of a kind more then once in your life i have done 3 times on this site) and the people that work toghter at sit and goes they have to fix that
Old 12-09-04, 06:00 PM
runtmc30

This site is the worst. It seems to reward bad play. Players that play a 49 or 5T offsuit are consistently rewarded with running straights or running trips. You can do everything right (flop top pair, bet it on the flop and turn and then get sucked out by someone playing a junk hand - this happened to me 3 times in 5 hands). It seems like they encourage and frequently reward this type of play to draw more people into the pot, thus guaranteeing larger rakes. And all these type of beats started happening to me after I started withdrawing my winnings. Winning on site is a byproduct of luck more than skill. This site is pure evil.
Old 12-10-04, 06:00 PM
Davishi

I'm assuming that the cards dealt are the same in play money as in real money. If this is true, then this Poker program is ridiculous. I've just played about 2 hours of this with play money, and let me recount to you the last 11 winning hands...four of a kind sevensthree of a kind sixestwo pair aces and jackstwo pair kinds and jacksstraight ten to acethree of a kind ninestwo pair four and fivestwo pair seven and tensstraight ten to aceflush spade high card acetwo pair kings and jacks I have not seen anyone win with a pair of something, or a high card (and i know this because the winners always show their hands because there are other peeps still in at the end), and four of a kinds occur almost every fifteen minutes. I'm sorry, but no way is my real money going to be fueling this unreal card dealing machine.
Old 12-21-04, 06:00 PM
big fan m.s.83

This is has got to be one of the most realistic poker sites on the web. The different number of availble tourneys, sit 'n' go's, heads up, play money, satellites etc... Theres something for everyone. good site
Old 12-29-04, 06:00 PM
bustyafool

lube your but with vasoline and bend over cause they will hit ya were the good lord split ya ! the software on this site is the worst iv come across yet.
Old 12-29-04, 06:00 PM
roseypalmer

i can not stay connected on this site to save my life. the support is also terrible. try party poker or ultimate bet if you want a site with alot of players.