Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk

Notices

Old 05-22-05, 04:38 PM
Administrator

Do you ever feel bad about sucking out on a player?

Do you ever feel bad about sucking out on a player when oyu hit a 2 outer on the river or do you consider it payback after it happened to you for so long?
Old 05-22-05, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Do you ever feel bad about sucking out on a player

Why should you? If not for the luck factor, why not just deal out the pocket cards and declare a winner based on those two cards. Even though a great amount of skill is needed to be a winning player over time, a little bit of luck is needed by everyone at times. After all, even if you do suck out on somebody, at least you gave them a great bad beat story to tell for the next couple of weeks or so.
Old 05-28-05, 03:37 PM

It depends how bad the suck out is...

I hate it when I trap someone, they go all in on a bluff and/or an inside straight draw only, then they somehow win the hand. Every once and a while, all get caught on an all in bluff and will somehow win the hand with runners or some bs like that. Sometimes I feel a little bad about it because I can relate.
Old 05-29-05, 10:15 AM

It is part of the game.
Old 05-30-05, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

not at all

yes i feel bad when i suck out a player but i usually get over it by the time i am finnished raking in thier chips...... after all it is the game of poker if i am willing to post up my hard earned money to try to win why should i feel bad when and if i do win. For every bad beat you put on someone i am sure there are two....three...maybe four bad beats that you have occurred or he has administered to someone else. Show me a poker player who dosent have a bad beat story!!!!1
Old 06-10-05, 11:56 AM

No Chips For You!

I usually feel bad and sometimes apologize if it is against someone I know... but sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

I don't think I'd ever feel bad enough to give the chips back. Would you?

Old 10-18-05, 02:41 AM

You're kidding right? I can empathise with someone on a bad beat courtesy of runner runner or Aces being busted by pocket deuces but feel sorry for them? No.
Old 02-09-08, 04:48 AM

all's fair in love and poker
Old 05-12-08, 08:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to JonKurl
The real question is, would that player feel bad if the roles were reversed?

The answer almost always is NO.
Old 05-13-08, 11:05 PM

Feeling bad for a suckout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomePokerGames Admin View Post
Do you ever feel bad about sucking out on a player when oyu hit a 2 outer on the river or do you consider it payback after it happened to you for so long?

Of course not- I can empathize, but I don't feel sorry.

And I hate when people apologize for sucking out- I always say "no you're not" or "you're lying" or "then give me the pot!" when they say something such as that.
Old 05-26-08, 08:32 AM

I don't really feel bad about it. It's part of the game. Plus I don't think the other person will feel bad when it happens to you. Plus you are playing to win. People play their hand how they see fit. If they suck out or get bluffed out its how they played + any luck involved. Poker is a money sport, its played to win. But it can be played for fun also. As long as your not out for blood and really looking to clean somebody out you really shouldn't feel bad. It happens. Also one time I was getting junk and said screw it and went all in with 2 8 off(I was allready in money) and caught a 2 and won the hand.