Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 09-22-04, 06:00 PM
Lyn/ckenney10

Try pokerchamps.com...It's the only one I know of. PS...YOU ROCK GUS!!!!
Old 09-22-04, 06:00 PM
Pattycake

You negative people can't hold a candle next to Gus. He's a fantastik player and one sexy guy. You should all be half as good as him. He's got 4 bracelets. What have you got?????
Old 09-24-04, 06:00 PM
rru

I have three words to say about Gus---HOT, HOT, HOT
Old 09-26-04, 06:00 PM
wordup

well, i have loved gus forever.. hes so incredibly hot, i have all of his tournaments and games tapes.. that love... im in LOVE with gus!!!
Old 09-26-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Does anybody know if Gus is married or has a girlfriend? Seems a lot of ladies like Gus...I think they would all like to know
Old 09-28-04, 06:00 PM
indiscreet

When u watch tv u easily gets the impression that guys like Gus have a lot of luck and u see them make apparantly silly moves. But on tv things are taken out of its context. Superaggressive players like Gus are extremely difficult opponents, and they are likely to get very well paid when they really hit a hand. He is a great player, although not my favourite.
Old 09-30-04, 06:00 PM
annie duke

anyone see what place he finished in at the WSOP 2004?
Old 10-01-04, 06:00 PM
Stick Man

Yes, Gus is a major hottie --- doesn't matter how he plays. Yum yum!
Old 10-03-04, 06:00 PM
redneckpokerking

Gus is one of the best poker players in the world somtimes it looks like luck but u take anyother player they woulndt call with a 2-8 offsuit he just got the talent to play the game not let the game play him
Old 10-04-04, 06:00 PM
iggygirl

I have to agree! Gus is a major HOTTIE!! He is also a very good poker player.
Old 10-08-04, 06:00 PM
badnan

I just met Gus @ Bellagio on 10/05/04. What a gentlemen. One of the best.
Old 10-09-04, 06:00 PM
tallent

First the W.P.T and now on fsn kicking butt.This guy rocks,in my eye's he's the Bruce Lee of poker.I can't wait to see him play again,fun to watch.
Old 10-10-04, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Has anybody been watching poker superstars invitational, the one Gus has been kicking butt on (of course)? I've just gotta ask, does he have something in his pocket or is he just happy to be playing poker? I think now I understand why he is called "The Great Dane".PS. I lOVE GUS!!!!
Old 10-12-04, 06:00 PM
R Wald

Gus, in my opinion, is one of the best NL Texas HE players ever. He definitely knows what he is doing at the table. Since Gus is known as a very aggressive player, he can play high ranked starting hand the same as he plays low ranked starting hands and still bluff people out of the pot, because they never what kind of cards he is playing. That is why he is a dominating force at the FSN pokersuperstars invitational at the momnet.
Old 10-13-04, 06:00 PM
DEREK RILEY

My Dad just got me a hat that was signed by you. He was at the BIG DOG I think and got to play against you and other poker superstars..His name's Mike Riley. Thank you so much for the autograph! your my favorite player!
Old 10-15-04, 06:00 PM
Hiole /foulk100

Hey I think that Hansen is one of the best players around. He knows his stuff. If he can beat out Scotty Nguyen, he can definetly win the World Poker Tour. Hansen knows how to play the players. That's what counts. If you can do that, then you'll go far in the poker world.
Old 10-18-04, 06:00 PM
Amir/Tus

Okey, i don't want to argue about his talents and i'm surely not eligible to give comments on his playing style, but what i;m wondrring about is why he had to call an all in raise fromm Freddy Deep In WPT final with his Q 9. okey what did he put Deep on? Why does he put big proportion of his chips in the pot for an all or either diffrent amount of bets with hands like 9 5 suited or such? do you consider this as undrestanding the math of poker, or he put players at all times on hands lesser than he is holding?! we all have seen how crazy he has hited flops , where he should have no part in them logicaly.maybe there is something that i don;t undrestand from this game.!!
Old 10-20-04, 06:00 PM
TIZIDGR8

O.K., I'm feeling a little confused here. Does he or doesn't he have a girlfriend?
Old 10-20-04, 06:00 PM
lil DOYLE

3 titles, i dont care wht you play that is skill and noting else, he can remain calm betting on nothing, a true mental card player who i tip my hat to
Old 10-21-04, 06:00 PM
DarbyWalters

Didn't read all the responces but it seems like people forget he pays attention to position and who is tight and loose. Many tight players fold after the flop ( if they went in before the flop ) if they hit nothing or only a small pair. He plays off that and betting position. Poker is a gamble and that is what he does best!
Old 10-26-04, 06:00 PM
RainmanAKQJ

Gus stands out. When you watch him you can almost see the gears in his head working. He sees the whole table better than anyone else, like Gretzky in hockey. He doesn't play stiff and his face shows it. He is unconventional and that is what throws guys for a loop. His instincts and propensity to make something out of nothing is not luck but genius foresight.
sammy the brick

Gus is like those guys who play free internet poker, he's annoying and does win a lot of races with pure chance plays. he does have great reading abilities, but i've seen him have the worst hand heads up countless times and win just with luck. Like the AK AJ duel with Reese are you telling me his skill magically made the J land for him on the river. i hate players like this, the game is fucked because of them, we have 2600 players at the WSOP and morons beating pros becuase of this type of play.
sammy the brick

and by the way he may beat the guys at the WPT but he got his ass waxed at the WSOP
guslover

I just started watching and playing poker a few months ago and Gus has been my favorite all along. He is an awesome, ballsy player. Anyone who says different is just jealous of his good fortune. I just watched him lose this WPT but like he said, he'll be back. And by the way, Paul pushed him out by pure luck. It's a game. But to go as far as Gus does as often as Gus does takes a hell of a lot more than luck. Paul wins.....THIS time!
Old 10-27-04, 06:00 PM
Pot Committed

I wonder where he lives? Is he a globe trotter or does he live in a hotel in Vegas? He seems to be every where. I'd love to watch him play.
kenthetrashman07

i think gus is quite possibly the best looking man alive. he is absolutly amazing at poker, hes what made me start playing cards. wow is he hot, i even tracked down a poster of him, which is hanging in my room, surrounded by cards, he is AMAZING
pocket7s

to ME, gus is the best living player but its a tough argument but if he wins poker superstars invitational there will be know argument
pinky

gus is one awesome player. Always in control and my god, would I love to get a piece of that!!
Old 10-31-04, 06:00 PM
eiuhall

I heard that Gus Hansen busted out, went broke and had to take out a loan. Any truth to this rumor? Anyone know where I can read more?
Old 10-31-04, 06:00 PM
Whitey

Gus is a bad ass. I think he's awesome. He's the kinda guy that you would want behind you in a bar fight. He is one of the best to watch