Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > COMMENTS

Notices

Old 03-15-05, 06:00 PM
Sammy the Brick

350 K? yeah OKKKKKK, and if you did that doesn't mean you're better, or that he's overrated, it means the cards didn't fall, he's a hall of famer, and considered the ebst overall player in the world, said by Brunson that if he could pick a guy to play for his families life it would be Chip, if you really want to see if he's overrated, sit at a stud game with him for a few hours, not a NLH game where one bad beat can mean your stack, I mean a limit stud game (which he wrote the book on literally) and tell me your asshole doesn't hurt from being done up the ass.
Old 03-16-05, 06:00 PM
iveyfan05

powerful words sammy....and correct words too. I dont think that guy was serious about taking Chip for 350K though.... i think its that same person who is posting with my name
Old 03-16-05, 06:00 PM
Sherman

Saw you on FSN last Sunday. I don't remember the baseball card story, but I do remember plying penny-ante sitting on the concrete floor of our front porches.
Old 03-23-05, 06:00 PM
Sammy the Brick

You can't post on Doyle's page, this page is spars, and there isn't even a page for players like Bobby Baldwin and Joey Hawthorne, we see the Hansen page flooded with posts, and the Moneymaker page filled with eople saying how he's the best player ever because he won one tourney and started playing online 3 years ago, what a joke this has all become.
Old 03-29-05, 06:00 PM
rice

all of u who says crap bou chip thats becus u will never be thAT TALENTED
Old 03-31-05, 06:00 PM
richardeum

chip knows how to play!
Old 04-09-05, 06:00 PM
chipsdaMAN

chip reese is the best cash game player ever and only loses in big tounreys like the TOC and poker superstars when gus hansen suck out on him chip is incredible
Old 06-29-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Chip reminds me of the Cincinnati Kid. I bet he looked like Steve McQueen when he was younger.
Old 07-07-05, 06:00 PM
Chip Reese

Hi, this is Chip Reese. Thanks for the kind comments and support. I could not have been so successful without you.
Old 07-12-05, 06:00 PM
Brook

I had the pleasure to play cards with Chip for dimes and quarters in the early 70s. It's great to see that even though he has lost a few lbs. he hasn't lost the ability to smile when someone draws out on him. Good luck Dippy!
Old 07-19-05, 06:00 PM
Ali G

All you people who keep saying that you are chip reese need to muck that routine because we all know that there is now way in hell that he would come on this post and say some shit like "I could not have been so successful without you." What is he, a fucking actor? Did we go see his movies? In actuality, Chip would not have been so successful if he didn't hit every flop in his tourniment in Vegas which allowed him to career it. Truth be told - I am a young no limit player from NC and everytime I drive up to Atlantic City for the weekend to play 1/2 at the Borgata, I never want to come home. I played a big tournament that if I had won i would have stayed. But I didn't win. I got bad beat consistantly. That is why I am sitting in my study right now on this webpost instead of playing 5/10 in AC. Chip is one of the best ever, but what we all have to understand is that any one of us can be the best ever, and my point is Chip would not be the best ever if he never got lucky and won that first tourni. he would have gone back to Ohio and thought to himself "yeah, poker is a silly way to make a living anyway."
Old 07-20-05, 06:00 PM
To Chip

Hey reading the Ungar book. After that last time you bailed Stuey out of jail, did you get any of that bail money back after he died? Just curious. And that was a nice thing you did!
Old 07-24-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

this man isnt any good anymore he is just mentioned because of doyle brunson
Old 07-25-05, 06:00 PM
BEAST

Note To Sammy The Brick: You Say Gus Hansen Aint A Good Player, Howard Lederer Regards Him As One Of The Best Poker Players In The World. U Dont Understand His Style Of Play Indicated By Your Criticism Of Him. I Bet If U Sat Down At The Table With Hansen He Would Clean You Out And U Know It. Everyone Knows Hansen Is 1 Of The Best And He Has The Credentials To Prove It. Now That I've Said That, Yes Indeed Chip Reese Is The Man!!!! I Read A Blog On Jennifer Harmans Website Where She Discussed A Hand And Asked The Opinion Of How To Play It To Phil Ivey Daniel Negreaneu And Chip Reese. The Advice Reese Gave Her Was The One That Made The Most Sense And She Even Admits It( Of Course Ivey And Negreaneu Offered Good Advice) But They Aint Better Than Chip(well Maybe At Tourneys But Not Cash Games Where He Makes His Money).
Old 07-27-05, 06:00 PM
chip

chip is the best player on earth right now because of his steam control. i just lost a fucking tournament last night on a bad beat and i tilted all my money away. you watch chip and he's nothing but cool. way to go chip keep on raking in other ppl's chips while increasing your own stack of chips, chip
Old 07-28-05, 06:00 PM
JetsFan315

hes not the best but he is good. the best alive i think is Doyle Brunson.
Old 08-04-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Mr Reese you got clout could you and the other big game players get a petition started to change the format of the main event to a mixed games format that way it shuts people up who say its 100 percent luck and that there will be a repeat champion every year again it will also reduce the field next year or whenever you do it becuase most of the donkeys just play hold em like its the only game on the planet
Old 08-04-05, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

also Mr Reese if you change it good poker players like yourself ,forrest,and chan ,and brunson,and maybe seed will consistenetly make it to the final table at the main event
Old 08-19-05, 06:00 PM
gulfport

People who play big money ring games have an entirely different 'list' of "who's best" than those who derive all of their poker knowledge based on what they see on TV matches.That said, Chip Reese is one of the most feared big dollar NLHE players on earth. A number of the 'big name pros' that most of the people on this site harp on as being so great have gotten up and walked away from tables as soon as he sat down.An absolute technician of the highest caliber.
Old 08-27-05, 06:00 PM
blinded by the light

This dude needs to win a few more cash games, so he can buy a rug for that head of his
Old 07-25-06, 09:33 PM

The second best in the game. He needs to win some tournaments to be better than phil ivey because phil does it the cash games and tournaments.
Old 10-24-06, 09:29 PM

Chip From Laurie's(ur sister)nephew

Sup chip I have heard a lot about u from Laurie. I have been playing poker for a little bit and watch u when Laurie tells me ur on. Look forward 2 meeting u if u ever get to come to Ohio. Ali turned 17 2day make sure 2 give her a ring!
Old 11-09-06, 12:04 AM

Congrats on your 3rd Bracelet, Chip!

Greetings Chip, I am a huge fan of yours. How to get a signed autograph from you? My friend suggested to send you a hundred dollar bill to show the sincerity. (Of course, kidding! ) But really how?
Old 04-21-08, 01:20 PM

RIP Chip