Go Back   HomePokerGames Poker Forum > FORUMS > General Talk

Notices

Old 06-02-04, 03:45 PM

my only real stratagy

The only stratagy I use in any tournament is just to let the animals eat the animals. You always have those loose cannons who are trying to make a big impression by betting huge on nothing. Let those types wipe eachother out and then I make my move and swipe all thier checks.
Old 09-28-04, 04:07 PM

Only get involoved with preimium hands until the field thins out. When you get shorthanded change gears.
Old 09-30-04, 02:00 PM
Unregistered (Chad)

Agressive players

Let me tell you something about players that are constantly agressive. If you are playing against the type that always raises pre-flop, you should call with a marginal or good pocket hand to see the flop. Next, check the flop, since he will most likely bet into it if he has trash, and he may check if he has a good one.

So let's say you check the flop, and then he bets it fairly big. Assuming that no one else is still in the pot, you then raise his bet by slightly more than double his big bet. It doesn't really matter what cards you have, because he will most likely fold. This trick works for me about 90% of the time. Just don't use it very often. You have to pick and choose the right times, making it seem like you are very conservative. You should seldom call a bluff after just the flop, you should raise it.
Old 11-18-04, 01:04 AM

its always best to bet big on winning hands and fold losing hands.. lol

it not always smart to let the animals eat the animals.. in tournament if you try to do this just to make it to the next table you will find yourself short stacked agist a lion a tiger and a bear..

their is a million strategies to play poker.. anyone will work anynight.. its all about the cards..

peace
G
Old 11-22-04, 09:12 PM

Yeah geezuzz is right. The "animals" eat the "animals" and then you are short stacked, but I do see what you mean, let the "animals" eat the other "animals" and you take down some pots keeping up with the other players. That is a pretty good strategy. Eventually an "animal" will make a dumb decision and it will bring your stack up.

~Derek